It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sounds Successfully Colonial , there weren't these kinds of goings on back in the time your idea is rooted in.
a reply to: masqua

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave

Oh yes! Hey guys, If they had only come in the FRONT door the sign would have worked! The fact they went in the back door makes all the difference! The whole CCW argument is invalid because they never saw the sign, you guys!

The fact is, beta males and anti gunners in general *do* think "no guns" signs make a difference. Their thinking really is that base and circular. Oh and for those that reasoning doesn't make a difference with? Submit!

ETA: the irony is obvious to any reasonable adult. Hence the back door arguments. As if that makes ANY difference at all. The fact that it doesn't is lost on gun grabbers. Actually, it's not. Why they can't concede is obvious but, pathetic.
edit on 24-5-2014 by SlightlyAbovePar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I liked Chipotle too. Oh well, screw them.

Couldnt help but to think of the following:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adaven
It's quite possible. If I were a criminal, I would much rather rob a "gun free" establishment over another that may have patrons with concealed weapons.

You could always be like me. Be a rebel and carry anyways.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

And if you are caught? You lose your CCW, possible jail time, fines, even if you did stop a crime, the company or individual who owns the place could still sue. I save myself the hassle and just don't don't shop in, eat in or other wise do business with stores who ban concealed carry. It's their store, they can do as they please, but they won't get my money.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
And if you are caught? You lose your CCW, possible jail time, fines, even if you did stop a crime, the company or individual who owns the place could still sue. I save myself the hassle and just don't don't shop in, eat in or other wise do business with stores who ban concealed carry. It's their store, they can do as they please, but they won't get my money.

The signs are the store's rules, not a government entity's law.

Therefore, since I am breaking their rule it becomes the burden of an individual with authority (manager-on-duty) to approach me and ask me to leave. If I refuse, then I have broken a law; Trespassing.

It happened to me when I stopped to get a case of beer at a pretty trashy grocery store. The store has a 'No Concealed Firearms' sign, but I was open carrying at the time. Some manager approached me and kept saying how I was making people uncomfortable, so I left.

I went to Hyvee. No one cared. Beer was bought.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That may well vary by state, but most certainly is not the case for Missouri. The off-limits areas set by state law MUST be observed. Those are places like court houses, the jail, federal buildings or amusement parks to name a few.

Private business signs are something they'd like people to honor but meh... depends on my mood and whether I feel like locking it up in my vehicle. Usually not. The way the law reads is that if we walk past a private no-gun sign and someone notices to ask that a CCW carrier leave, we MUST leave immediately and without argument. That's fine and something I can and do accept.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Dead set. If that attitude isn't the one that underpins a failed rouge state, I aint seen it. Fairdinkum.

Best of luck with that one.
Myselfaswell
edit on 24-5-2014 by myselfaswell because: stupid fingers

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I heard Chicago recently legalized concealed carry and crime dropped dramatically. You would have to be really stupid or else have a death wish to pull this stunt in Texas or Arizona.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

If what happened in that video actually happened in real life, you'd have a frikkin' bloodbath on your hands.

People who need to walk around with a gun on them at all times as a prerequisite for interaction with other human beings are very frightened people.
I'd pick a calm criminal over a frightened crowd of armed wannabe vigilantes any day of the week. In one case I get robbed. Second case, I probably get shot in the face by some nervous dude who thought I was the criminal. And then he would probably get shot by someone else. Ect...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I can just see it. While everyone else is arguing about guns, where to take guns, families will just stay home except for necessities. Good luck to growing your businesses.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
There are enough people that will visit a business that is pro-gun.

Think most of the US.....or all those people that purchased firearms over the last 3 years.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I have yet to meet a dog or anyone that practices martial arts that can stop a bullet.

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Well good for you. Please post a picture of the sign you put in front of your yard, so we here you just aren't playing lip service.

And good luck with defending yourself against someone.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

The same way you judge anyone else, because after all, displaying a firearm does not equal dangerous any more then not displaying one.

Your fear of an inanimate object and not being able to control others is your issue.

Do you fear the person with a concealed firearm?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It is a right that can be exercised. No one needs a reason to do this.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
To anybody that wonders why somebody would need to carry a firearm at all times. I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Its like having a fire extinguisher in my jeep im not expecting a fire but if one happens ill be very happy I had it.

You dont like guns thats fine dont own one. But dont try and take away the rights of law abiding citizens just so you can have a false sense of security.

Besides average response time for a cop in my area is 10 to 45 min depending on the time of day. Average responce time for my Springfield XDM .40 about 950 feet per second

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

I have yet to meet a dog or anyone that practices martial arts that can stop a bullet.

Good luck with that.

Agreed, I haven't met the person (or canine) that can move even close to 2000 fps (.44 Mag), that's 1,363 miles per hour my friend. Guess Superman can do it, faster than a speeding bullet and all of that. For thousands of years man has needed to defend himself and his loved ones. Through that time weapons have been developed to further his ability. To me, it is just plain stupid to forego the best, most modern and reliable weapons to keep one's family safe but rather to rely upon weapons developed hundreds of years ago. A knife to a gunfight? Hmmmm.
edit on 24-5-2014 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2014 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

You dont like guns thats fine dont own one. But dont try and take away the rights of law abiding citizens just so you can have a false sense of security.

Great statement, but I too appreciate that not all feel "comfortable" in carrying. They may not have the training, intelligence or temperament to carry a firearm. In that case then they shouldn't. A good man knows his limitations you know.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

So because of that sign the restaurant was robbed? That's like an establishment that has a sign requiring clothing being attacked by crazy nudists. Either the robbing has entirely random or some a-hole NRA member wanted to make a political point. But if it was just your run of the mill robber, than I'm pretty sure the sign had nothing to do with it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join