It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Doesn't matter. Legal is legal, that's all. If I were to take the time to go through the process to carry and conceal and was responsible with that right, doesn't matter what I look like.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: BubbaJoe

When I lived in Connecticut, open-carry to some people I knew was barbaric.

Now that I live in North Dakota, it is as common as wearing a hat.

There will never be uniformity throughout a population.

Different cultural sub-groups, different environments, different backgrounds, different upbringing creates a poor environment for a one-size-fits-all society.

I will agree, grew up in the midwest, rifles in gun racks, in trucks in the student parking lot were a familiar site. I see someone in a restaurant with a holstered handgun, I don't think anything about it. Two idiots walk in with long guns, it gets my attention.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Yeah, most places I lived, it is common to see 12 year olds heading off to the woods with rifles on their backs, even girls. Too many dangerous animals around, and not the human variety lol.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What troubles me about this whole gun debate is that the Constitution allows for it, but the Constitution doesn't require it.

Don't like guns, don't have guns.

But I always go back to my olive analogy.

I hate olives. I can't stand olives.

But I would never deny someone else olives, simply because I don't like olives.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

How do you decide who is the criminal and not the criminal?

Easy question. When they take their gun off their hip or back, and point it at another person. Around here, people are open carrying rifles all the time. It's nothing anyone bats their eye at, supermarket, bank, don't matter any. A quick jerky forward shrug of my shoulder, and my rifle is off my back and in my hands.
edit on Fri, 23 May 2014 22:11:05 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Yeah, most places I lived, it is common to see 12 year olds heading off to the woods with rifles on their backs, even girls. Too many dangerous animals around, and not the human variety lol.

I remember visiting my grandparents during the summers of my youth.

My grandfather taught me how to shoot.

But It was common where I lived.

As much as I would fight against an ivory tower weenie who fights to take away my gun rights, I would never force an ivory-tower weenie to own one.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofsheba

Doesn't matter. Legal is legal, that's all. If I were to take the time to go through the process to carry and conceal and was responsible with that right, doesn't matter what I look like.

*sigh*

Did you read the OP and the responses?

People are saying that the customers were reacting wrong to the guys with guns. Saying they shouldn't have reacted out of fear because they weren't criminals..etc.

My question was..(PICTURE YOURSELF IN THE MOMENT) how were these people supposed to know they weren't a threat as they were walking towards them with guns? How were they supposed to know they were legal carry gun owners?

With all the gun massacres that get committed...should they just have assumed they were legal carry..or were they right in not taking a chance and leaving before anything could occur?

edit on 23-5-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I don't know. I mean on one hand, places like here it is prettymuch a given there are guns around, and everyone can shoot them. I think that is a good thing. Around here though, everyone can also swing an axe to cut firewood, and can swing a hammer to fix/build simple things. Personally, I wouldn't trust many city slickers with a hammer or machete, let alone a gun. They are likely to hurt themselves lol.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
What troubles me about this whole gun debate is that the Constitution allows for it, but the Constitution doesn't require it.

Don't like guns, don't have guns.

But I always go back to my olive analogy.

I hate olives. I can't stand olives.

But I would never deny someone else olives, simply because I don't like olives.

I will agree, but will you also agree that there are some that should not own guns?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The only people that shouldn't be able to own guns, are those that were tried and convicted of using a gun maliciously and unlawfully against another person in my book.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to: TKDRL

As you can see from the photos..they had their weapons in their hands.

Are we too assume..you would have had your gun out the instance they pulled theirs out?

Would you have assumed they were up to no good or just a couple of guys..showing off?

If you had decided the latter...and they started opening fire..would you have regretted your lack of action?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I don't know. I mean on one hand, places like here it is prettymuch a given there are guns around, and everyone can shoot them. I think that is a good thing. Around here though, everyone can also swing an axe to cut firewood, and can swing a hammer to fix/build simple things. Personally, I wouldn't trust many city slickers with a hammer or machete, let alone a gun. They are likely to hurt themselves lol.

I am pretty much going to agree with this entire statement. My father and grandfather taught me about firearms. I learned my lessons well. But walking into an establishment with a long gun is far beyond the common sense I was taught.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Around here, walking is common, and cutting through the woods is a given. That is why a lot of long guns are on people's backs in town. It has to do with logistics really. You can leave your gun home, and walk along the road and be probably safe, but it will be four times the walk. Or you strap on the gun and cut in a straight line towards the "town".

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I will agree, but will you also agree that there are some that should not own guns?

beezzer's list of who should not own guns

1. Politicians
2. Celebrities
3. Dead people
4. People in prison (after prison, they've paid their debt to society, they should be able to vote, own guns, have a damned life!)
5. Clowns
6. Spiders
7. People who giggled during "Shindler's List". That fracking disturbs me!
8. Any bodyguard working for Justin Beiber.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The only people that shouldn't be able to own guns, are those that were tried and convicted of using a gun maliciously and unlawfully against another person in my book.

I have a neighbor who is 21 and has the mental capacity of a two year old, should she be allowed to own a gun?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Are we too assume..you would have had your gun out the instance they pulled theirs out?

Yes, you can technically assume that. My gun is always "out", it is slung on my back.

Would you have assumed they were up to no good or just a couple of guys..showing off?

If you had decided the latter...and they started opening fire..would you have regretted your lack of action?

I would assume they were probably daft or something. If they started opening fire, I would do my shoulder jerk thing then return fire. Regret my lack of action? No, I did the best I could in the situation. I don't assume being armed = looking to do harm. If I thought that way, I would be a coward liberal type

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Probably not lol. Would you give a two year old a gun? I am talking about normal adults really. Although, drawing the adult line is messy. I had my own .22 when I was 10 years old. My cousin was kinda an idiot, and didn't get his .22 until he was 16. Because he misused hid BB gun all the time. There is some common sense to it.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I have a neighbor who is 21 and has the mental capacity of a two year old, should she be allowed to own a gun?

If she an reasonably articulate her desire, then I would not see a problem.

But if, in the middle of her dissertation to own a weapon, she voids her bowels in her pants, then I would look for further evidence of her desire to own a weapon.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

How do you know she has the mental capacity of a two year old? Are you a professional within that area of expertise that made that determination? Judgmental much? When my sons were twelve years old they went through Firearm's Training sponsored through the MN Department of Natural Resources so they could hunt, and it made me think why would they let twelve year old kids in the woods to hunt? I was told that those kids were probably much safer, more responsible than many of the adults out there because they were just properly trained and hadn't developed any idiotic habits, of which I won't elaborate on here but most of us grownups here could certainly guess.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba
I hear that lol. It wasn't a government entity with us, but family, but same kinda thing. It started around 5, we got a swiss army type knife, taught how to use and maintain it. Got a red rider bb gun(YOU' LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!). When you proved your competance with those tools, you were upgraded to the next. I got a nice little buck lockblade, I think my next "gun" was called a pumpmaster 760, and also the first crappy target bow. After that came a nice fixed blade full tang knife, break barrel pellet gun, and a nice long bow. Then it was a .22 and a compound bow. Etc Etc Etc. By the time I was 16 I could hunt all game, in all seasons, legally according to goobermint. It was a major booooooo, because besides opening days I could only hunt on weekends and holidays etc. Dad was allowed to get up a few hours early and hunt every day before work until he filled out all his tags. So unfair

edit on Fri, 23 May 2014 22:51:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join