It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation Museum To Display Dino Skeleton It Says Proves Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So they've stopped saying the devil put the bones in the ground to confuse us or test our faith?

At least that's some progress.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm surprised a religious group is allowing a picture of a fossilized dinosaur with a, ahem, bone...

Satan should work in Hollywood because he looks to be a fantastic make-up artist. Or is he there already?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Well as a Christian who believes in creation I believe...
The belief the world is billions of years old is unprovable for many reasons, I think the geological time scale is old science, nearly two hundred year old, old science. That should be looked in to. Strangely the geo time scale has never been seen in nature.
That dinosaurs could have fitted on the arc, if they were juveniles, not fully grown. The idea of fully grown dinosaurs on the arc is silly, but many think like that
That old dragon myth is based on dinosaurs, dinosaurs were once called dragons.
That Nessie was/is a plesiosaur and many lake monsters are living dinosaurs. I believe some existtoday

I am not selling anythin, arguing with the OP, nice story, thanks
I am not looking for an argument, that is what I believe, sorry if it offends you.

And I like creation museums, why shouldnt we have them. If you are not interested in, dont go.

However . . . you don't know what your talking about, so there is that.

How do we know the age of the Earth?

Rock minerals naturally contain certain elements and not others. By the process of radioactive decay of radioactive isotopes occurring in a rock, exotic elements can be introduced over time. By measuring the concentration of the stable end product of the decay, coupled with knowledge of the half life and initial concentration of the decaying element, the age of the rock can be calculated. Typical radioactive end products are argon from potassium-40 and lead from uranium and thorium decay. If the rock becomes molten, as happens in Earth's mantle, such nonradioactive end products typically escape or are redistributed. Thus the age of the oldest terrestrial rock gives a minimum for the age of Earth assuming that a rock cannot have been in existence for longer than Earth itself.

Thus, when we talk about 4.5 billion years old . . . we are talking about the MINIMUM age of the Earth.

Scientists do not use one method to date anything . . . The geologic column is one method and nowhere near as accurate as radiometric dating.

As far as seeing in in "real time" . . . You've obviously never studied Geology?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
WOW. They will use ANYTHING to justify creationism being true, even saying dinosaur bones were planted by satan in one breath (that link is to a Christian forum with people discussing that issue, pretty funny read to see the ignorance spewed there) then we have these guys using dinosaurs to PROVE creationism. So which is it Christians?

Wow what a horrible website

I bet that is how you see all Christians, fortunately not all Christians are like that.

Dont judge every Christian by what Landover church says

But they are a little out there, there is a conspiracy in that place

No I don't think as such. I used to be a Christian. I know -I- never thought that way. Though I AM addressing the YECers and their ludicrous claims.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

Well said and even as an agnostic I am in total agreement.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Finally, an actual reason to go there. Instead of just laughing at them and throwing ancient fossils at the children, looking at this dino in its plastic cage would actually be educational.

Did you see that awesome thread with the virtual tour of the Smithsonian?

I did, and actually criticized the tour. You can't zoom in close enough to get good detail or even read the signs, and it's of just one museum and not all of their buildings (and in that one museum lots of stuff is missed). I was spoiled with the virtual tour of the Vatican, where you can zoom in really close on things, like a gigapan.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I did read it but dont believe it, oops I am just a dumb fundy, brainwashed by (Christian) MSM
I am so sorry I disagree with you

You read all FOUR pages of that link thoroughly in the time I took to post that post and you post the one I'm replying to? I think you more likely (if anything) just read the first one.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

There is nothing to support your unbelief of an old universe in the bible, or if you believe the young universe is the answer.... All we have is a poetic account of creation, described in beautiful phases. It does not give proper time scale.. such as "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" - does it give a time scale for this? Does it say how long God hovered over the waters?

Don't throw away all of the intense and completely amazing work scientists have built up for us to walk on before we were born. So many great minds figured out insanely complex systems that we observe daily. Light has a finite speed, and stars can be measured how far away they are by triangulation, and by light spectrum... and years and years of work concludes stars being WELLLL over 6000 years away (light years, literally a years' long travel for light). In our physically designed world, it would be impossible for these stars to be 6000 years old if we are able to observe them. This fact alone crushes any young earth ideas... which aren't scientifically backed at all. Not to mention radioactive dating... And there is no conspiracy here......... I would encourage you to see the hard work, the entire lives of individuals into these subjects that explain the "hows" of the universe, where only human ignorance promotes "hows" out of the bible for things like how old is the earth... It's all about Jesus, not about science in the book. Science is irrelevant to salvation. Jesus is timeless and only speaks about your "whys", like why are you here.

The person quoting Proverbs above brings great scripture into play here

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm more surprised that the Christian museum has a dinosaur with a "boner" on display.

Work of the devil perhaps....

edit on 22-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Finally, an actual reason to go there. Instead of just laughing at them and throwing ancient fossils at the children, looking at this dino in its plastic cage would actually be educational.

I did, and actually criticized the tour. You can't zoom in close enough to get good detail or even read the signs, and it's of just one museum and not all of their buildings (and in that one museum lots of stuff is missed). I was spoiled with the virtual tour of the Vatican, where you can zoom in really close on things, like a gigapan.

I have not see the Vatican one I will have to check that out..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: solomons path

Not to mention Uranium-Lead or Lead-Lead dating.... which was the first time our planet was accurately dated. Which also lead to several other amazing discoveries that improved health for all...

PS I follow Jesus

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Had it got signs of being crucified ? Nowhere, and I mean nowhere are dinosaurs mentioned in the bible. Now if something as big and dangerous as a T Rex was roaming about then it would be included in the book. It ain't so therefore no amount of teaching or fanciful rhetoric can make it a fact.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I have not see the Vatican one I will have to check that out..

Here's a thread which includes the link, and I was mistaken about the extent of it, I guess it just includes the Sistine Chapel, I remember it as being much broader, so there must be a fuller tour site of the Vatican and St. Peters:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-5-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
so,in order to be a fossil,it has to be buried fast,as in a flood,with all its teeth,and nothing more? That instantly makes it less than 6000 yrs old? Now,I MIGHT believe it if it had a saddle on it,or was branded Jesus,or maybe one of those fishy logo's.We all know that jesus didn't live in Colorado,as they allow drugs and gay's.Had the dinosaur been crucified,I'd be outside screaming at the clouds!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: solomons path

How do we know the age of the Earth?

Why, by counting up all the ages in the Bible back to Adam, of course!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Pretty sure your salvation or anyone's for that matter will NOT depend on their belief in either Creationsim or Evolution...
edit on 22-5-2014 by abeverage because: I forgot the NOT which pretty much changed my whole statement!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Well as a Christian who believes in creation I believe...
The belief the world is billions of years old is unprovable for many reasons, I think the geological time scale is old science, nearly two hundred year old, old science. That should be looked in to. Strangely the geo time scale has never been seen in nature.

It's called radioactive isotopes. Now this proves the absolute age of rocks unless you are going to state that God has planted these isotopes in such a manner as to confuse the non believers,physicist and geologists.....for what purpose? Oh yes only God knows !!!

Lookup the radioactive decay of uranium , far more enlightening than a collection of scrolls written by wandering nomads musing about the meaning of life 2 thousand years ago.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

Pretty sure your salvation or anyone's for that matter will depend on their belief in either Creationsim or Evolution...

Not according to Christianity. According to Christianity, your belief in origins is irrelevant and your salvation depends on:

-Your belief in Jesus as the risen Christ, who died for the sins of the world

-Your belief in God, who created all things (the HOW in this case is not a condition of salvation, and I challenge anyone on this site to prove otherwise)

-Your willingness to do what is right, and admit your sins (and strive to the best of your ability to avoid the latter, and seek forgiveness when/if you fail in that regard).

If anyone can show me passages in the new testament that indicate a person is going to hell for not believing the earth is 6000 years old I'd love to see them.

God didn't create us with the amazing abilities our brains have so that we would deny our faculties of reason and logic. If we weren't intended to use our brains we wouldn't have them. It would seem some Christians don't realize this fact.

Finally, I'd just like to point out a simple fact to the fundies who use the ridiculous argument that Satan planted dinosaur bones to test our faith: I believe in dinosaurs that lived millions of years ago, and my faith is stronger than ever.

Perhaps it is time for Christians to look in the mirror? Maybe it is not my faith which is weak, but yours? If you are forced to deny scientific facts to uphold your view of God, perhaps the ground you are standing on isn't as solid as you supposed? Could it be perhaps, that your faith is so lacking that you must deny science because subconsciously you fear your faith will unravel if the notions you've had since childhood are challenged? Are you afraid that God Himself isn't big enough to operate in such a world view? Who are you to limit what He is capable of?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
And the radio isotopes overlap with dendrochronology (tree rings). There are samples of trees that go back a few thousand years, and do these can start to overlap with carbon 14, so can be verified. Likewise, carbon 14 can be used to verify the next isotope, potassium I think.
The science is really sound.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

which is confirmation of the global catastrophe of a Flood a few thousand years ago, - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Um. I think they mean the global catastrophe that happened 65 million years ago, but hey, who am I?

I thought this museum was shutting down because it was losing business? I guess Ken Ham is desperate to give the revenue a kick start.
edit on 22-5-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join