It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what is the thing you see in the photo I took?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Guess what you see in the photo? I'll give my answer after a couple replies regarding the exact nature of the thing in the photo!

Click for a larger image

If it helps, the image you see is unedited. The subject is also left in its natural state! what do you see!!
edit on 22-5-2014 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ahnggk

looks like a sprite OP on another planet if not here? Will await your info post.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Reminds me of those pics of solar flares.

How may posts before you tell us??

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Candle wick burning.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, I know what its not, and that's a picture of space..the "stars" are elongated and are basically shooting out from the center impact thing..meaning its just some dust or whatnot caught in a high speed camera.

As far as what it is...well, could be a bajillion different things. could be a laser hitting a piece of paper, or a match lit up...not sure...but it looks pretty cool. very similar to being in low orbit and watching some gigantic sunrise..but the orbit would have to be in a thick atmosphere..so..
looks like an alien sunrise. Final answer

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It looks like a literal shooting star. Star shaped and everything. its so cute!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Smudgy lights from a boat on water in the dark or dusk/dawn ... poorly taken picture because you were moving at the time and so was the boat picture you were taking.

ETA .. since this is in the space exploration forum ... maybe I should give a second guess ... it's a smudgy picture of the sun rising or setting over water ... and you were moving so the picture is smudgy ... and fog ...
edit on 5/22/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm going with a fuse or something similar. Ever read about the types of organic special effects used in movies like The Fountain or The Tree of Life?

check it out

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It's a ghost dancing on a head of a pin, doing the Hoedown Showdown with the angels. Did I win?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Planet Ison. ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... .

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It looks like a sprite, but it looks wet as well...maybe someone's eyeball reflection, or an exploding water balloon.
edit on 22-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yours looks like an uber close up of any of these ....

Close

really close too

Close again

edit on 5/22/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Candle wick burning.

^^ I second the above.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

astrophysical jet ? ... en.wikipedia.org...

e.g. astrobites.org...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

A picture taken (with a flash) through a window at night with the camera lens pushed right up against the window?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Some black, some red, oranges and yellows, nothing substantial to get my teeth into and ....I am an artist.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thanks for your answers, it was fun and all....

I think the person who gave the closest answer at the time of this writing is Chiefsmom for "candle wick burning"

But here's the answer. Anyone with heart condition, leave this page right now!!!

- It's old oil from my car that was accidentally spilled on a piece of cardboard box! I was changing the oil of my car and using some used packing cardboards to contain any spill.

- That fiery "jet" - looking thing emanating from the middle is actually a piece of packing tape left that was still stuck on the cardboard.

- The "stars" are actually microscopic particles of metal worn from the engine suspended with the old oil.

- The whole glow effect is the result of the flash from the camera.

Finally..... ...I took the picture simply to analyze the old oil of my car for any signs of accelerated wear. I do it every time I change the oil of my car, but this time, I got something that looks it came from Hubble Space Telescope!

I thought it looked like a galaxy with an active nuclei like this one:

apod.nasa.gov...

P.S. If I posted this in the Automotive section, you guys would have easily guessed it. But where's the fun in that?!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Isn't that a red sprite?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
sprite

edit: lol, reading the answer above me now, nice
edit on 22-5-2014 by Richardus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Yes, I was thinking the same too!

It's a high res photo 2592 x 1944 pixels. If anyone would click the pic after clicking the thumb, you'll see more "stars"

The microscopic particles of metal apparently become visible in the flash of a camera at close proximity. Might be helpful if you're hunting for metal particles in your old car oil.
edit on 22-5-2014 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join