It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Fees Drive Many Poor underground or face jail time for unpaid parking tickets.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This madness is worldwide !! I'm in Australia & recently had to front court regarding 2 seperate files. First file contained 9 offences & second contained 7 offences.All for breaching an AVO ( before you judgers get on my arse .....every one of them was a technical breach involving me trying to contact my 5 year old daughter whom has been alienated from me for over a year by a bat # crazy ex. ). The magistrate commented how sad the matter was & commended me for NOT involving violence,threats,stalking or intimidation & even wished me well for the nigfhtmare ahead of Family Court. He was legistlativally bound to sentence me to jail & did- 6 weeks but suspended that time if I entered into a good behavior bond for 12 months.As I am unemployed at moment he declined to fine me a monetary sum but said I was up for prosecution costs of $100 each = $200 ( fair enough ).
I get a fine notice in the post a week later & I have got 3 weeks to pay........$ 2760 !!!
Seems the victims of crime levy , the greedy f*cking monster is demanding 16 seperate levies even though the magistrate bundled all charges into one . After all I never got 16 x 6 weeks suspended jail but go figure.
Looks like it's porridge for me after all as I haven't got a hope in hell of paying it.

Edit: Oh dear lord .... I just been hit for overdue $49 !!!!!!!!
That's only on one of the files so yippee I guess the other overdue $49 bill is in the post for tomorow

Sheer madness

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It always made me mad that if you get a $10 ticket, the court costs are $300. What a rip off. It's just a business to rake money from the animal sheep.

<< 1   >>

join