It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three matadors are gored HAHA!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So happy to see the matadors get injured. I am just unhappy they weren't brutally killed and ripped to pieces.
Human scum at it's finest - matadors.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Go Bulls!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
These bulls are actually injured and handicapped before they go to the ring . This horrible sports should be banned ...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
These bulls are actually injured and handicapped before they go to the ring . This horrible sports should be banned ...

Yup one of the few things the EU should interfere with.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: maddy21

Yup one of the few things the EU should interfere with.

I prefer the matadors be sent inside a pen with half a dozen healthy bulls with his ears shut and vasalline in his eyes

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
and here www.ohmygif.com... he realized that to be a bullfighter he already not want
edit on 23/5/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

i don't understand how anyone with a shread of conscience could attend a bullfight. The Spanish should be ashamed of this.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What is it about Spaniards that make them so brutal? I mean, throughout history and then again through Mexican bloodlines.... Two days ago I saw one saw off another man's head with a freaking pocket knife.

I read one of the comments in the link that said the bulls have their shoulder ligaments cut before they even enter the ring. Bunch of disgusting, sadistic, cowardly people who can never handle a fair fight.
edit on 24-5-2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

ive seen a real bullfight once, and thought it was most unfair. ill describe a typical fight. please forgive the lack of real terms as i dont know them.

the bull comes out hot. i dont know what they do to them behind the scenes, but he is pissed! they let him run a bit, then out come the armored horses with pike men on their backs. using the pikes, they hamstring the bull so it cant run as fast and leave. next is the little guys with the little spears. they shove these into the shoulders of the bull. i dont know how long the blades are, but they stick firm, then bend over and flop around. i bet they hurt a lot. anyway, they cause massive bleeding in the bull, slowing it down even more.

now the matador steps out. so after the bulls been hamstrung, run, and bloodied does the brave matador come out. he does seem to kill it quickly, which i give marks for.

thats what i didnt like. now if you put the pissed off bull in the ring with a matador that has a sword and pike to fight it out, sure. seems fair at that point. however, when your boys beat it down, youre not a hero for just finishing it off.

edit on 24-5-2014 by stormson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You do realize that the iberian peninsula has been home to bullfighting since probably prehistoric times. The Iberian bull has had many myths and cults associated with it.

I never understood the mentality behind persecuting bullfighting culture. It is part of Spains idiosyncrasy and cultural heritage.

Others in the Americas adopted it, some with a twist. In peru the prehispanic symbol of the people was the eagle. They have ceremonial Eagle VS BUll fights where the eagle "conquers" the bull.

I agree that some traditions in smaller towns in spain and elsewhere are a little out there and cruel. On the whole it is part of our culture and it is quite disrespectful to say "haha" about a fellow human being hurt, let alone someone celebrating their cultural heritage.

You dont have to agree with it, but to celebrate the pain and anguish of others is a just wrong. We highly respect the Bull in Spain. There are celebrity bulls which are kept alive long after they would have been put down in honor of their fighting spirit. They are only really needed for breeding purposes so you dont really need that many of them. The fact is more bulls are preserved and kept alive thanks to bullfighting.

1. all the meat from a bullfight is sold for the most part and eaten.
2. many local economies survive thanks to bull fights.
3. There wouldnt be half as many breeds of bulls or as many numbers of them today had it not been for bullfighting culture. The traditional breed of bull used for bullfighting is extinct everywhere else it used to exist. It is still around today thanks to bullfighting.

Other cultures have questionable practices but it would be considered highly insensitive and bigoted to lash out against them as is done with bullfighting culture.

You dont have to participate, and honestly we would all like it if the world would butt out. Its our culture and we dont need to justify it to anyone. If you take issue then dont watch or visit a bullfight.

To LAUGH at the serious injury of a bullfighter (HUMAN BEING) is just wrong ewok. Shame on you.

EDIT TO ADD:

www.spanishunlimited.com...

Bullfighting events feature “toros bravos”, which comes to mean something like brave or courageous bulls. It is a specific species of bull which is still conserved and protected on the Iberian Peninsula. The toro bravo’s predecessor, the primitive urus, was found in many parts of the world. In fact, many civilizations revered and honored bulls, such as the bull-cultus from the island of Crete in Greece. In fact, the Bible even mentions the ritual sacrifice of bulls in honor of divine justice.

In prehistoric Spain, bulls played an important role in the religious ceremonies of the many Iberian tribes that occupied the land. In fact, the origin of the bullring is thought to have come not from Roman amphitheaters but rather the Celtic-Iberian temples where the religious ceremonies involving the sacrifice of bulls to the Gods were held. In fact, one of these temples still exists in Spain, in the province of Soria close to Numancia.

While these religious bull ceremonies can be traced back to the Iberian tribes, it was the Greek and Romans who converted the event into a famed spectacle. By the Middle Ages the aristocracy amused itself by watching bullfights on horseback. By the 18th Century the bullfighting on horseback style was largely abandoned in favor of bullfighting by foot. This was more popular among the poorer population as it was much more affordable. A key figure in establishing the rules for the new bull sport was named Francisco Romero.

About the bullfight

A bullfight, known as a corrida de toro in Spanish, is divided into several stages that occur chronologically. In this section we will briefly explain what to expect if you decide to see a bullfight on your next visit to Spain.

A Spanish bullfight starts with the “paseíllo” which is a small paradein which the bullfighters and other participants make their way around the arena to present themselves to the public.

Two “alguacilillos”, or horsemen who head the parade, ceremonially request the keys to the “puerta de los toriles”, or bullpen from the president. Once the door is opened and the first bull enters the ring, the first stage of the event begins.

Each bullfight features three bullfighters who will face two bulls each in separate fights. Each fight consists of three stages known as “tercios” or thirds. Each part is indicated by the sounding of a loud horn.

In the first stage, known as the “third of lances”, the bullfighter will use a gold and magenta cape known as a “capote” to maneuver the bull. Next, “picadores”, bullfighters on horseback armed with long lances, enter the ring and jab the bull several times to strain it and make it less dangerous.

The second stage known as the “third of flags” features flagmen bullfighters whose objective is to plant two “banderillas” (sharp sticks with flags) into the bull’s back.

This further weakens and angers the animal.

In the final stage, known as the “third of death” the bullfighter uses a small red cape known as a “muleta”. He will perform a series of different passes that make up the “faena” or his performance and passes maneuvering the bull with his cape. This phase is said to establish a connection between man and beast. The final third of the bullfight ends when the bullfighter kills the bull by swiftly thrusting a sword, or “estocada”, between the bull’s shoulder blades to produce and instant and quick death.

Viva España!

edit on 5 24 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

I mean, throughout history and then again through Mexican bloodlines.LOL

We are European sparky...Spain is not even NEAR Mexico. We are Caucasian, light eyed, fair skinned people with a richer cultural history than most being that we can trace our culture and traditions to prehistoric times. Can you say the same?

Bunch of disgusting, sadistic, cowardly people who can never handle a fair fight.

Tough internet warrior crapping on a whole people? You got "fighting skills" brah? LOL

Two days ago I saw one saw off another man's head with a freaking pocket knife.

I just saw a video of a Russian sawing off someones head...should I be a prick to all Russians as a result?

You probably saw a video of a Mexican cartel from several years ago and are too dumb to realize the OBVIOUS difference. I have NEVER heard of anything like what you are talking about and I lived in Spain for several years after traveling there my whole life. Total BS. You may have just made up that entire "cool story bro".

Most brutal people?

Have you even heard of other peoples? ever? Have you ever left your home country to venture out into the world and see what its really like? Ever been to Spain? Mexico?

Probably not.

England had TORTURE culture where public beheadings and all sorts of sadistic punishments were demanded by the people for entertainment. France, SAME. Most of Asia, same. The prehispanic-Americas-Ritual sacrifices. The US...BIG LOL. Africa...BIGGER LOL.

Should I go on "mr craps on my people"....I can go cheer an execution in Texas and then go home to watch homoerotic images of muscle men wrestling around in tight spandex and bloodying each other up with metal chairs and barbed wire bats in the name of FAMILY entertainment. But Spain is the most brutal.....sure

Do you even know where Spain is located? Its a European country that is probably more advanced and civilized than some hell holes in the first world nations list.

edit on 5 24 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't care for this tradition, I thinks it's very cruel to the animal. However, Spain is a great Country with a lot of good people. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Another great thread where all the idealists get to come out and act like they're the best people evar!

Seriously guys, instead of just harping on the internet about how much you hate this or how brutal and stupid this is, maybe actually go out and do something?
edit on 24-5-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

originally posted by: crazyewok
The bulls fight back! Three matadors are gored as 'World Series' bull fight is cancelled for first time in 35 years

All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHA good on the bulls! I hope those sick sods suffer for there sick and disgusting sport!

Im glad the bulls are fighting back. the sick things humans do for sport...........

Are you alright? Whats wrong with you? What world is this where people laugh and get all excited seeing 3 human being getting mauled?

This attitude of yours does not make you better.

You better get some counseling. Fast.

Would you worry about a pedo or rapist or murderer getting a whoopsy? Yeah you probably would... I bet you that you defend house breakers too when they get killed...

I'll laugh my arse of at these 3 idiots getting hurt... You know why? They didn't HAVE to get in there! Its like if I ran aross the motorway with my eyes closed, back and forth. Could I cry and gain sympothy after? No cos doing that is moronic!

And what of the bulls? They deserve to get stabbed to death, for fun? I think it is YOU that needs some help... fast!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
Another great thread where all the idealists get to come out and act like they're the best people evar!

Seriously guys, instead of just harping on the internet about how much you hate this or how brutal and stupid this is, maybe actually go out and do something?

Maybe take your own advice? Coming in and pointing fingers like YOU are better does not make it so... But if you dont like these threads why not get out there and do something? Stop these threads by "going out and doing something". Show us how its done huh? Lol

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Unless you're getting range-free chicken, the life of a factory chicken most assuredly comes with an extremely low standard of living, they pretty much live their entire lives in horrific conditions. Those bulls at least get to run in the pasture and are fairly well taken care of beforehand. I'm not condoning bullfighting, I'm simply pointing out that if you're eating factory animals, you really don't have a leg to stand on when condemning these types of things.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yeah for the Bulls!!!Yeah for the Bulls!!!Yeah for the Bulls!!!
I love it when they have revenge. I have always thought it was pretty barbaric practice.

But so is all the wars we push on other countries. Picking on them, pushing them around.
China eats Rats, Cats and Dogs because they are running out of protein based foods that humans need.

I just petted my dog! :-)

End of Line....

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This thread is pretty offensive.

Not only is it full of comments that are downright hateful towards Spaniards, but is celebrating Gore and the pain and suffering of humans.

Imagine if it was a video or pictures of a rapist being tortured or a bully being gouged and bloodied. Or a gay man being beaten for the ones who agree with that...or pictures of nazi corpses, or Syrian rebels or government forces being tortured, or a what ever camp you fall into on what ever issue and have the other side being violently hurt or killed...

Sure we could all get behind that being that we are always so damn justified in our views but honestly, there is a double standard here. I thought ATS was above making exceptions to the T&C. I thought the mob mentality wasnt encouraged here.

I am not going to complain about it to a Mod since I can deal with it and I would rather see your honest comments without censorship. Its just pathetic to see the so called "awaken" crowd celebrating pain and blood....on the humans side.

Some comments here are in line with the same spirit they supposedly frown upon. YEAH GORE...HAHA...WOOH

Really civilized. You are soo much better...

At least spaniards dont celebrate the gore of bullfighting. You woulnt understand what we are doing. We dont need to justify our culture or explain ourselves to anyone. I will say this though, We see it as a connection between man and beast. We HIGHLY respect the bull. You see human gore and celebrate it.

Sad day for ATS. Intolerant, judgemental, offensive, and culturally insensitive thread.

HAHA human GORE! YEAH!

what ever.

Go watch homo erotic violent wrestling or better yet, let your kids watch it, stay tuned to 24 hour coverage of war on the news, watch countless war movies, horror movies, read up on sadistic sex crimes, cheer on an execution, enjoy body counts in movies in the hundreds, and every other form of filth that makes you a violent human with no greater appreciation for life than these matadors. At least they respect the bull and dedicate an entire subculture to them. You celebrate death and revel in your culture of death......pissing on your own species.

I will sit back and just continue to watch you. Puzzled.

Pitiful.

edit on 5 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This will be kinda lame comment, but this story reminds me of this old song from the 90's

I mean really? How does one walk into that arena and NOT expect to get gored to death. womp womp

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CZ75P01

They fully accept that possibility. They werent surprised. Its part of bull fighitng. They werent like walking in with guns to shoot a caged animal. They could die. They could be maimed for life. Its what we respect about the whole thing. The bull wins sometimes. Its about a connection between man and beast...something you just wont understand and considering the atmosphere here... to hell with teaching anyone anything about it...

Its surprising that a culturally ignorant people like the ones here who dont know a damn thing about bull fighting can be so grossly insensitive about another's culture and celebrate the potential death and pain of people.

All based on superficial concerns for an animal they probably havent ever seen in real life. Yeah no need to learn about a culture or a cultural practice before we judge it and condemn it without anything but our own culture and background as a reference. Because our golden culture is the best and everyone should live up to our standards and live by our cultural taboos.

I guess that anglo american culture is the best huh....the rest of the world is full of barbarians who dont know the first thing about civilization...

I mean, we are the best culture right? No need to avoid ignorant judgements about other cultures we know nothing about.

"Spain, yeah that place with yellow rice sea food crap and strange dancing...(one aspect of a single part of Spain, like bullfighting is regional)...I know all about it"....

SANGRIA!!!!

edit on 5 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join