It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some ODD sleep anomalies you have had??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR? I TOOK THIS FROM NUFORC'S WEBSITE.
THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO.
DID ANYTHING HAPPEN OUTSIDE WHILE THIS WAS HAPPENING TO YOU?
IT DID IN BOTH MY CASE AND THIS BOY'S CASE. IN MY CASE, I LOOKED OUTSIDE AND NOTICED IT WAS VERY WINDY. IN HIS CASE A CAR ROLLED DOWN A DRIVEWAY DURING THE NIGHT. TRUST ME, YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN YOUR EXPERIENCE AT ALL. I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I READ THIS. YOU READ TOO...

National UFO Reporting Center

Sighting Report

Occurred : 9/15/1989 02:00 (Entered as : Sept/89 2:00)
Reported: 9/14/2002 2:57:44 PM 14:57
Posted: 3/21/2003
Shape: Unknown
Duration:unknown
Boy restricted in bed while sleeping, As if sheets were pulling him down......While hearing distinguished sound.

I don't remember the exact date however I do remember all the details as if it happened yesterday. I was awakened in the middle of the night by a very distinguished sound the sounded like this "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE............" I remember trying to sit up in my bed and was not able to because I was being somehow held down as if someone was hold the sheets down restricting me to the bed. I remember trying with all of my strength to try and sit up. The only movement I had was in my neck and face. My arms, body, legs and toes were completly immobilized. I remember crying histerically because I didn't what was going on. I figure this was going on between 2:00 and 4:00 in the morning. I eventually cried myself back to sleep.

When I awoke the next morning to go to school I was able to sit up however my stomach muscles were so sore it was very painfull. Also, to my surprise when I left the house I noticed that my neighbors car had also mysteriously rolled down the driveway and ended up lodged in my other neihbors tree.

To this day I have no idea what was happening that night.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cestrup

Oh, thats probably more comfortable. Ex ghost boyfriends, lol. Some others might have a different take on that.

Just our minds playing tricks on us? (nimo)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The app that I have on my phone is set up so that it only records when it detects sound. The mic has to be set so you don't record the whole night.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think the oddest thing I have experienced with sleeping is waking up with a hand print in the center of my chest.

It went along with several other experiences at the time,
but that was the oddest for sleeping.

I got touched.....

*twitch*

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I get this same thing too, I can't fall asleep afterward because I hate that feeling. Its like I can't breathe and I start to panic and I'm trying to move but I can't. All of a sudden I can move and breathe, but it doesn't feel like anything other than maybe the way I'm laid out or something.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I've experience sleep paralysis a handful of times in my life and it's terribly unpleasant. I've never hallucinated or seen any entities, but the physical immobility was there. I think my longest bout lasted roughly fifteen minutes or more. It was just awful and I was very shaken up after the ordeal was over and so I don't take afternoon naps anymore (as it happens more often when I'm just napping) .

I've also experienced a weird hallucination style thing before. I'll wake up from a nightmare or dream and in a dark room a perfectly normal object will look like a person or something totally different that does not belong there and then a few seconds later, it will shift back into what it really is (as if the dark plays tricks on my freshly awakened mind) .

My boyfriend has many funny sleep quirks as well. He rolls around a lot but he also talks in his sleep at times or will seem to be having conversations in his dreams including accompanying laughter. He gets very rude in his sleep sometimes though as well when he says things in his sleep. Just last night, he elbowed me pretty hard in the back and I shook him and informed him and in his sleep he mutters "Yeah, did it feel good?" . I believe the strangest thing he's done though would either have to be his random sleep kicking where he'll kick the footboard, or the time recently whenever I shook him "awake" and his first reaction was to mutter something about thirteen raccoons.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I used to take Prozac for depression and I would often have "prozac dreams". These were the most realistic, intense, and vivid dreams I've ever had. I would have 2 or 3 a week. Most of them were sci-fi type dreams. They were so vivid and involved that if there was a way to record them to video, I'd make a fortune! I'd often wake from these dreams disoriented and it'd take a minute or two to realize the dream wasn't my reality.

I would also have flying dreams. Most of the time it would involve "walking" an inch or two above the ground. Then, by just thinking, I'd go floating up higher and higher, usually, for some reason, in someone's house, where I'd rest against the ceiling looking down and watching the people in the house. Sometimes, I'd be outside, at school for some reason, and just start floating up. I remember having to watch out for power lines as I went up. I'd start flying around like Superman, trying to impress the students below.

One amazing flying dream was where I was lying in my bed, and just started floating up, going thru the ceiling and roof, then slowly going up. I remember vividly looking down as I went up, seeing the roof of my house, then the trees as I drifted up above them, and again, watching out for power lines. I went up to cloud level (but it was a clear sky), and by concentrating, starting flying faster and faster towards the coast. I live about 300 miles from the coast. Again, looking down, I could see everything clearly as I flew by. When I reached the coast, noticed a storm coming in from over the sea. I turned around, started flying back, but the storm was coming fast. I concentrated harder and harder, and flew faster and faster, outrunning the storm. As I approached my house, my alarm sounded and I woke up.

And I've also had those "head exploding sounds" but never knew what to call them. I'd sometimes hear a loud bang shortly after closing my eyes. Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened. I've also been asleep and heard Mod and Dad yell my name, but after waking up, realized it was in my head. A few times I've heard one of them whisper my name like they were right next to my ear, again waking and realizing it was in my head.

I think the worst are the horror-movie type dreams. Sometimes I could feel myself being possessed (in my dream), and when I'd speak, it would be in the really low, evil type tones. Sometimes I would be the Devil himself, saying and doing unspeakable things. When I would wake, I'd be scared and sometimes shaking for a minute or two.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: enlighten_me

Wow, I wonder if your flying dreams were an OBE? With all the detail it could very well be.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: enlighten_me
I went cold turkey off of something well over a dozen years back. The only withdrawal effect I had was very vivd dreams like you are describing, unfortunately none of them were pleasant.
In one of them someone screamed right in my ear and when I woke up it felt kinda like my ear was ringing.
Another re-occured; I dreamt I was crawling around in a crawl space beneath a house looking for a way out (no real context, this was how the dream started) I saw a square of light where the outside was and statrted crawling toward it, about 10 feet from the opening I found a shallow grave where a person was buried, left with one hand sticking up out of the dirt I would have had to crawl over it to get out & I woke up instead. About a week later I had the exact same dream with the exception that the hand was turning black & beginning to curl as though it had a weeks worth of decomposition.
I had these vivid unpleasant dreams for about two weeks not every night but often.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have a lot of sleep issues, but nothing major. Sleep paralysis gets me often. But lately, I've been waking up in the middle of the night jumping out of bed because I could swear there are spiders crawling all over me. Last night, it was snakes. I don't like spiders, but I don't fear them. Same with snakes. One night I woke up and hadn't really regained consciousness; I thought there was someone outside my window, shining a spotlight into my room. I have a nightlight, and I thought that was the spot light...so I literally jumped around the light that was cast on to the wall from the night light in order to avoid whoever I thought was shining into my room.

I've experienced lucid dreams several times without the assistance of drugs, alcohol, or medication. I've found that certain times, I gain a sense of realization that I'm dreaming, and can control the dream. It never really lasts long, but it's really cool because I can do things in my dreams that are physically impossible to do in real life. I've flown like Superman, jumped incredible lengths, and piloted spaceships. It'd be great if I could find a way to dream like that on demand, but as it is I have to wait for it to happen naturally.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I have had something similar to what you mentioned in your "sleep breathlessness" explanation. One night, about 2 weeks ago, I was having really intense dreams.

The best way to describe it was like being alone at the movies and all of this information was being played on the screen for me - from what I could gather it was similar to sacred geometry, all really crazy physic equations and animated diagrams etc and I couldn't understand it. There was something or someone that was trying to get me to understand - I couldn't see them - but I could sense their sense of urgency in needing me to understand what they were trying to teach me. At the end of each presentation - I would explain that I don't get it and the presentation would start from the top - over and over, unrelentingly.

I even woke up in the night and got a glass of water and went to the bathroom and thought "wow, Im having some strange dreams tonight" and when I went back to bed, i fell straight back into this lesson.

I guess what the strangest part was that when I woke up, I was soo exhausted and the words Credo Mutwa was on my mind and was quite persistent.

When I googled that, i realized that that man is known because of David Icke etc and just put the dream down to something I must have picked up from seeing on ATS or a documentary. It was just weird because I have never been wildly interested in either topic.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I posted earlier about a boy in upstate NY who was paralyzed in the middle of the night,felt like he was being held down, felt a presence, and woke up with sore abs. When he walked to school he saw that the neighbor's car had rolled down the driveway into a tree during the night.

Now here's my case from around 1997:
I woke up around 2:30am, same as the boy. I was wide awake. I could see the streetlight from the down the road shining through my blinds and making pattern on the wall. I could see my VCR's LED clock standing out in the darkness, my file cabinet, the dresser, etc, silhouetted in the same light. Then suddenly I found I couldn't move any muscle in my body except maybe in my face. I tried and tried to send the message from my brain but I was stuck fast and in a few seconds there was a brilliant white light flooding the room.

The light didn't seem to have a source, it was just there, almost whiting out many of the features of my room. As if it couldn't get any worse, there was also a wind blowing through my blanket like a giant vacuum, and the blanket flapped wildly while still "clinging" to my body. By this time I was petrified, but also angry because I really felt that some unknown intelligence that was invisible to me was behind this. As I got angrier the whole episode seemed to weaken a Little, so I nursed this feeling until I was boiling mad. Like some kind of giant hand letting go, I was suddenly released.

The brilliant white floodlight also went out instantly and I was left in darkness and silence. I jumped up screaming and viciously lashing out in front of me yelling, "GET OUT! GET OUT!" Then I did an odd thing, and I don't know why. Before even turning the light on I ran to the window where I noticed a strong wind was bending trees 5 - 6" in diameter rather notably. Then I went and turned on the light. The first I did was grab that possessed blanket and throw it in the closet. Don't know why I blamed it on the blanket. Maybe because that blanket flapping like that was what really pushed me over the edge, more than even being paralyzed.

I didn't use that blanket again for a long,long time. At the time I decided that I had been the victim of a ghostly visitation, perhaps some kind of poltergeist or malevolant spirit. It was several years later before I used that blanket again. But it was also a few years later that I started to read stories strikingly similar to mine which involved UFO's and actual beings trying to manipulate or abduct people, and my interpretation of what might really have been happening started to change.

At the time I lived in Middletown, NY. Just a few years before that I lived near Pine Bush, NY, a well-known UFO hotspot with many strange events and odd phenomena being reported regularly by all sorts of people. I believe Pine Bush was home to a weird Area 51-like secret government laboratory that sometimes experimented on people and animals as well as with machines and technology. I sometimes think I may been subjected to some experiments, the details of which are being outlined in another thread I recently started. One interpretation I have of what happened that night is that maybe whoever was conducting experiments in Pine Bush came to retrieve some kind of recorded information regarding the experiments from my body or mind, in the form of a microchip or even just thoughts and memories like Vulcan mind-meld. So far something like this seems like the most plausible explanation for what happened that night, at least in my case. I could be wrong. But I am sure that it was not a dream, and that the strong wind blowing outside at the time, and the car which rolled by itself down a driveway in the boy's case, are proof that something external, physical, totally real...and VERY ABNORMAL was happening.
edit on 24-5-2014 by brofjw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
i am a sleep walker..

so my wife..knows more about my sleep than i do...

But its always funny....

One night i switched the light on and of and she asked me what i was doing . I said: "i also told him he is a fool for doing that but he just wont stop".

Another night she woke up and i was making noises of a machine gun and she looked at me and i was acting like being in war....making noises of guns and all..

One day she woke up and saw how i made a "ninja style" move and jumped nearly on hear with a smooth movement she never saw before. She said: i did not know you could move like that...was as if you learned this movements..

There are so many stories from my friends, my parents.....

I only remember the feeling of embarrassment when i wake up....

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
From the mid 1970s to approximately the early 1990s maybe twice a year I would wake up at night and not know who I was, where I was or who the other person in the bed was. I would talk myself into calmness, and decide to go back to sleep in the hope I would regain my memory when I woke up in the morning. Any time this happened I did not remember this happening before. It was very scary and it took a lot of control to not quietly get up, dress, and leave the house. The odd thing was that after many years I discovered it was happening to my twin as well !
Also, just a couple of weeks ago I suddenly woke up and saw a roughly 2 foot whirling circle suspended half way up the corner wall. It was a gorgeous glue color. It disappeared after maybe two seconds. I sat up in bed and told myself I would not forget this, that nothing would make me forget it. It had been that striking. Oddly I felt no fear or apprehension. It was really beautiful and that glowing blue was gorgeous. Never saw this before and have not since. Very weird.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cestrup I have had numerous unusual sleep experiences. One in particular sticks in my mind. I was around 7 years old and woke up in the night out on the roof of the lower first story apartment, which jutted out past my bedroom window as the lower apartment was bigger and had extended roof. It was cold and dark and slightly windy. I remember my parents coaxing me to slowly come back inside...there was concern I would fall. I finally got back into the house and my parents shut the window. The odd part was they had to open it first when they realized I wasn't in my room and saw I was on that roof. The window was one of those heavy, large floor to ceiling windows practically and no way I opened it from the inside and shut it from the outside after I got on the roof.

I used to have "dreams" of walking/floating through the walls at night but I made myself stop that after a while as sometimes I'd feel like I might be getting stuck inside the wood and wouldn't be able to return to my bed...I could see the wood splinters/pieces close up in the wall.

The other night I had an odd dealy. Hubby was asleep at his computer and I went for a nap in the other bedroom and suddenly, I heard his voice say, "Up your hienie, (he used the "a" word tho). I got up and walked the 80 ft. to where he was and he was still asleep so I didn't hear him say anything in his sleep or some such...was too far away...sounded so close to my head. Were we having a fight in another dimension?

edit on 24-5-2014 by shrevegal because: spelling

edit on 24-5-2014 by shrevegal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

Lol! I'm a lifelong sleepwalker too...not as much in adulthood or it's just not discovered, not sure. Love hearing about other peoples sleepwalking experiences.

The other night I was in the kitchen whipping up a sandwich, or so I'm told. No recollection of it whatsoever. Lol!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Elienne Hi Elienne, Cool. I had a dream that involved very striking colors/sensations and such and I have never forgotten it...it impacted my life for a very long time! I dreamed I was traveling through space in a crystal sphere and I could see the stars/planets whizzing by. Then, I landed on another world where the colors were so vivid and beautiful. The flora/fauna were so colorful. The plants/flowers were huge and the colors were off the chart gorgeous. The animals were wondering amongst folks dressed in white robes. Even the so-called wild animals were peaceful and tame and gentle. I remember being told by "someone" that I could not stay but would return someday. I was back in the sphere then and traveling through space and landed with a bounce back in my bed. I thought of that dream for a long time and remember it in detail til this day. The dream was around 20 yrs. ago.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
One summer after graduating from the 11th grade I spent alot of time paddling around in our pond in my rubber raft. It had a plastic bellows foot pump for putting air into it. I.d usually bring the pump back with me to the house at night. One night I left it at the end of our deadend hall outside my bedroom door. The doors to my stepfather's study, the bathroom, and the basement were all very close by. I woke up in the morning early to go to a summer classm and proceeded to help myself to a bowl of cereal. It was still quite dark and the only light was the flourescent light over the stove. So I'm sitting there eating my cereal sleepily in semi-darkness and I suddenly hear "WHOOSH! WHOOSH! WHOOSH! WHOOSH" about four times. It was unmistakably the sound of my foot pump being operated. The hair on my neck stood up. I knew my parents were still in bed. I crept into the hall and there ws pump at the end of the hall, right where I left it. I crept closer, petrified, and began to search all the rooms, and all the closets in all the room, and I even opened the basement door. The pump and I were never more than about 30 feet apart. I never heard any other sound. There was simply no one around, and there was no way one of our cats was heavy enough to make the pump do that by jumping on it. I'll never know who or what did that, but I am SURE I was being messed with by some kind of intelligence. The truth is, the entire region where I lived at the times was known for UFO's, ghosts, and all sorts of paranormal phenomena. I think there was a secret government lab around there which experimented on the population. I think they were experimenting with all kinds of wierd science like telepathy, beaming hallucinatory ideas into people's minds, , teleportation, antigravity propulsion, nanoprobes made form living organisms. The works. Although I don't discount the idea of ghosts and spirits, I believe the government is capable of doing mind-boggling things, and even messing with time & space.

I have also seen the shadow people with a co-worker, but that's for a different post.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Awesome thread, I really loved to read your experiences.

Unfortunately I've never had an experience like you guys described them. Most of the time I have dreams dealing with my fears, being followed/hunted, getting attacked and so on. Zombies are also regularly in my dreams, although none of these dreams are really frightening me, since it's getting so frequently. Honestly, I can't remember the last "normal" dream.

My girlfriend has "body jolts" as described before and talks sometimes in her sleep. Funniest thing was when she was obviously trying to order pen cakes.

But the most hilarious thing is my mother. She's an religious person, believes in ghosts, demons and stuff. Sometimes she's having a dream about being possessed by a demon and she actually starts talking in a deeper, horrifying voice. My sister (who witnessed it multiple times) and I where laughing so hard. Never heard such a story before.

Edit:

Oh, there's one thing which crossed my mind. I often watch TV in bed (even though I hate myself for it) and moments before I fall asleep (already with eyes closed) I realize the sound is suddenly gone but my mind is still awake. It's nothing extraordinary, just wanted to ask if someone had some similar experience. Also it's a really funny feeling to awake from that state

S+F!
edit on 24-5-2014 by Danowski because: added something

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Night Terrors: I had an experience where I saw what I believed was the devil's head in my room asking me about my salvation, and I would regularly see gremlin like creatures at night in my room and in the house. This stopped once I was an adult, but really terrified me as a child.

Sleep Walking: I've woke up several times even as an adult and found I've laid out all my clothes for work the next day. As a child I unlocked the front door and went and got in a car as my parents watched me.

Pushing: I have these weird moments when I'm asleep that I get woke up like someone is pushing me over. I still have that happen occasionally as an adult, but it is hard to explain the amount of force it feels like on my back. I don't know if this is a real condition with a diagnosed name, but it is very real to me.

Reoccurring Dreams: This is extremely common for me. I can wake up and return to the same dream 3 to 5 times in the same night. I've often tried to go back to sleep and not go to the same dream, but it never fails I land back into the same one. I've had some pretty strange dreams in my lifetime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join