It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urumqi attack kills 31 in China's Xinjiang region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Attackers in China's restive Xinjiang region have crashed two cars into shoppers at a market, killing 31 people, Chinese media reports say. They also threw explosives during the attack in the regional capital Urumqi. More than 90 people were injured, the state-run Xinhua news agency said. The Ministry of Public Security called it a "violent terrorist incident".

A lot of oil in Xinjiang.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

Interesting thread. If the Uighurs have been under communist Chinese control since 1949 and if, since that time, the communists have practiced large scale immigration, the reason and cause for the current unrest and uprisings is unclear.

After 60 years of subjugation by their immigrant Chinese masters, there still seems to be an incredible will for freedom.

Maybe for the better part of that time the area just slept because there was no perceived value in that area for the State?

Or is there actually ethnic cleansing going on? Normally when the communists go in (1949), they arrest and imprison/execute anyone with resistance potential.

Lots of unanswered questions. Too bad more information doesn't come out of here but the link you put up is very informative.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: luxordelphi

More photos in:
www.molihua.org...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Wow. What a tragedy. They must have been suicide bombers because with all the cameras this city has, their faces would have been all over. Kind of blown away, too, by the seemingly brand new, state of the art emergency response vehicles.

CNN is reporting that this and some recent attacks are a major departure from previous in that they are targeting civilians and, in this case, seem to have targeted elderly civilians attending a farmer's market. That just doesn't seem right. Everyone is going to hate them for that and it just doesn't make any sense.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: luxordelphi

Wow. What a tragedy. They must have been suicide bombers because with all the cameras this city has, their faces would have been all over. Kind of blown away, too, by the seemingly brand new, state of the art emergency response vehicles.

CNN is reporting that this and some recent attacks are a major departure from previous in that they are targeting civilians and, in this case, seem to have targeted elderly civilians attending a farmer's market. That just doesn't seem right. Everyone is going to hate them for that and it just doesn't make any sense.

Who say is Uighur or Muslim did it ?
You believe 911 is did by Muslim?
You seem quite interested about China ...why you are so interested about China?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Who say is Uighur or Muslim did it ?

Well, we don't know. The implication in the news media is that it was Uighurs. Judging by the target and the backlash of a target like that, it doesn't make sense that it was Uighurs.

You believe 911 is did by Muslim?

I believe that 9/11 was, if not actually performed by, at the least planned and sanctioned by a faction of our own government (U.S.)

You seem quite interested about China ...why you are so interested about China?

Because China remains an enigma. Because China, communist China, does not have freedom of the press. Because the western media interpretation of events in China can be very wrong. Because the information that comes out of China is what the communist Chinese government want us to believe. Because China has become a world power. Yes: I am very interested in China.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Then you must read this :
www.rfa.org...

Happened 2 days before.

Such a shame for saying it's "my motherland".China is no different with another countries ,making the hating and terror to a ethnic minority ,attack them to for political purposes.Without freedom of the press,they do it easier than yours.The most important thing is :most Chinese believe attack another country/small group could favorable for themselves.Not just by the party propaganda,if you notice the war history of China ,this country is very warlike.
edit on 22-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Very interesting indeed. It explains a lot but this story from that same link explains more.

Rebiya Kadeer at a press conference in Tokyo, June 20, 2013

Those who benefit from the current crisis are not Uyghurs and not ordinary Chinese people, they are the so-called “security organizations”—those few high-level officials who use all manner of excuses to beef up security while they continue to enjoy their current lifestyles. In my opinion, when both Chinese and Uyghur peoples understand this point, that will be an important step in enhancing mutual understanding between these two peoples.

The only thing it doesn't explain is the timing of the escalation against Uighurs. There has to be some sort of monetary benefit to the state officials i.e. like you said oil or perhaps rare earths or something. Although that doesn't make any sense because in communism everything belongs to the state anyway so they could just take it. Maybe the government wants the two groups to fight amongst themselves until they are worn out with it and no longer have energy to take an interest in what the government is doing in their area.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Found this after I logged off and think it may be some of the reason for the current situation. The dates are right.

Super-large rare metal deposit discovered in Xinjiang

The exploration started in 2007 and has cost about 20 million yuan, Xu said.

China has discovered rare metal deposits of more than 100,000 tonnes of niobium, the nation's largest of its kind, in northwest Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, an engineer revealed Monday

"The super-large deposit is worth more than 130 billion yuan (19 billion U.S. dollars) after being exploited."

It also has a proven reserve of more than 10,000 tonnes of tantalum and rare earth metals, Xu said.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
luxordelphi:

...the reason and cause for the current unrest and uprisings is unclear?

Seems a bit of a coincidence that on the day Russia and China seal an energy deal without using the petrodollar, China suddenly suffers a "violent terrorist incident". I wonder if the CIA have any involvement? Y'know, the usual tricks they play...the financing, training, and supply of ordinance to terrorists, the usual 'bed folk' of America nowadays.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It amazes 1 how these demonic humans can attack others for their causes that they did not Create and think there is no repercussions elsewhere in Existence that requires rebalancing of their ill acts...

GOD BLESS those lost in this attack and their families. This species has got to mature before the teachers get back to evaluate the "CURRENT" classes progression levels

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: luxordelphi

Rebiya Kadeer at a press conference in Tokyo, June 20, 2013

Those who benefit from the current crisis are not Uyghurs and not ordinary Chinese people, they are the so-called “security organizations”—those few high-level officials who use all manner of excuses to beef up security while they continue to enjoy their current lifestyles. In my opinion, when both Chinese and Uyghur peoples understand this point, that will be an important step in enhancing mutual understanding between these two peoples.

Actually many Chinese being petroleum industry staffs in Xinjiang,nationalized industry dislike hire Uyghurs.
Therefore ,chinese civilian can get benefit also.
No one is innocence .

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
luxordelphi:

...the reason and cause for the current unrest and uprisings is unclear?

Seems a bit of a coincidence that on the day Russia and China seal an energy deal without using the petrodollar, China suddenly suffers a "violent terrorist incident". I wonder if the CIA have any involvement? Y'know, the usual tricks they play...the financing, training, and supply of ordinance to terrorists, the usual 'bed folk' of America nowadays.

That's what I was looking for. Because of the rare earths. China produces something like 90% of the world's supply and recently, rightly, have cut back because of the incredible pollution and health hazard to their people. Xinjiang with these huge reserves is already the most polluted area in China. There has been some flack over these cut-backs and also over some new rules: trying to require those that use these rare earths to set up plants in China.

Xinjiang is also supposed to be an autonomous area. Recent news stories have indicated profiling by authorities against the ethnic group in this area. That could be the result, though, of intelligence (maybe false) received. Then there's the retaliation like this story.

Russia and China, as communist countries, have both been similar in one respect: like the Borg, they assimilate. Xinjiang has seen a huge influx into their area - news media from there states that it's been people looking for work. Russia, in communist times, just basically shipped the local ethnic population to Siberia and moved in their own. This past action works well for them today because there is a rather large Russian population in most ex-Soviet block countries.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Actually many Chinese being petroleum industry staffs in Xinjiang,nationalized industry dislike hire Uyghurs. Therefore ,chinese civilian can get benefit also. No one is innocence .

Well, I agree that no one is innocent in that at least two sides here are making the decision to kill with the third side, Chinese civilians, maybe committing economic violence.

Thing is that it's so hard to understand the government in Xinjiang because of its' supposed autonomy and because it seemed to go along ok for so long. From what I read (but this is western media) the People's Republic basically decided that they were no longer going to assign jobs to Uyghurs. So they're left with the low paying jobs that don't go anywhere and that no one else wants.

Another thing to consider is the pollution in Xinjiang. It affects not only physical health but mental health as well. So behaviors can become bizarre.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I didn't give you star.

I agree that no one is innocent in that at least two sides here are making the decision to kill with the third side, Chinese civilians, maybe committing economic violence.

I just want to say if the judgment day happen ,more than 85% people will go to hell.

From what I read (but this is western media) the People's Republic basically decided that they were no longer going to assign jobs to Uyghurs.

Let me tell you a thing western media won't tell you ,in China ,racism is very popular.Something like "hate blacks ,hate Uyghurs,hate whites ,hate every non chinese "is normal speech on Chinese website ,if a small part of chinese try to stop the racism hate speech ,they would often get cursing.It very different with western media and website.It's the politically correct in china.I don't feel you western people name calling the racists in your country is innocent though.

So they're left with the low paying jobs that don't go anywhere and that no one else wants.

Racism from chinese discriminated against Uyghurs.

Another thing to consider is the pollution in Xinjiang. It affects not only physical health but mental health as well. So behaviors can become bizarre.

Look at here :
aqicn.org...

Dirty country.

You seem a big fan of geoengineering,chinese government used to don't hide their geoengineering behavior.The MSM often claim they use artificial rainfall to clear up air pollution.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I didn't give you star.

I gave you a star.

I just want to say if the judgment day happen ,more than 85% people will go to hell.

I feel that people who are forced to live under communism are in hell.

Regarding racism: I didn't know that the People's media was so open in displaying racism. It speaks to the leadership and their inability to embrace the individual. And that's not surprising because when there are no individuals, just state workers, the leadership doesn't have to worry about anyone's hopes and dreams but their own.

As far as racism in the U.S.: free trade that tries to create a global population of workers (where everyone is the same) with universally low pay and low standards of living is going to meet with some objections here.

You seem a big fan of geoengineering,chinese government used to don't hide their geoengineering behavior.The MSM often claim they use artificial rainfall to clear up air pollution.

I am against geoengineering. I am for stopping pollution and cleaning up the environment. The Soviets, imo, had the all time gross polluter record before the People's Republic. Now there's a new winner. Xinjiang is where all nuclear testing for the People's Republic was done. Rare earth mining and refining creates an unbelievably toxic environment. Individuals have rights to clean air, clean water and fertile soil. Workers sacrifice those rights for the state.

Polluted air, poisoned water and toxic soil create mental illness as well as physical disease. Mental illness can manifest as racism.

join