It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Former Abortion Clinic Owner: We Pushed Sex Ed on Kids to Create a Market for Abortion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

(post by ArtemisE removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:02 PM
There was a 13% drop in the number of abortions performed between 2008 and 2011 in the US.
- Jones RK and Jerman J, Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2011, Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, 2014

There has been a steady decline in the abortion rate since 1980 with 2011 rate being 42% lower than 1980. The rate per thousand women has declined to almost the pre Roe v. Wade rate of 1973.
- Guttmacher Institute

If, as this woman claims, abortion clinics are pushing sex ed as a means of increasing their business, they sure aren't doing a very convincing job of it.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:16 PM
a reply to: erwalker

No one said they had to be any good at it...and I'll agree, they have all the skills of a child in a finger painting contest. of my son's good friends has a mom working in P.P. Someone I don't get along all that well with, although that's changing a bit. She's apparently been through some life experiences which changed her a bit toward being a direct part of the carnage.

What she told me..not what I kinda sorta think I why I *HATE* Planned Parenthood with a passion that'll see me attending any meeting and giving time to any effort meant to shut them down cold. At least get them out of my state forever.

I Don't mean to reply strong..but this is a very very intense issue to some of us and what the OP's story describes isn't new. It's simply one more person out of the industry to confirm what has been reported by people like her far longer than these past few years people have made a issue to care.
edit on 5/25/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:00 PM
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

All businesses try and pedal there wares. That's why something's shouldn't be for profit.

For profit prisons lobby to have harsher sentences on victimless crimes.

Pharma companies have over medicated our CHILDREN!

The free market works for most things really well but some things big buisness has turned into a disaster.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:18 PM
a reply to: ArtemisE

I will agree with that. It's an overall issue that I'm a bit split on. There are bona fide medical abortions because medical sense says it must be so. Err to the side of allowing beyond that, to maintain that, seems like a no brainer. So...

I think your point about private industry running entirely too much at times is perfectly valid and perhaps one of the weak points where abuse comes into it. There are plenty of medical procedures that haven't been 'downgraded' like this has been over time to become almost casual and by that, more offensive than any case by case look would likely be.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Even if it's become more casual it's become less often. Safe and rare has always been the best option put forward. But you don't restrict it, you give options.

Imagine if the billions of pro life dollars were spent on offering new lives to women who chose to keep the baby. How many " lives" would have been saved.

Now how many abortions have been stopped lobbying for the repeal of row vs. wade?

That's a really bad per baby break down. Where for 100k a woman you could have stopped one abortion per 100k with your billions.

Results matter, not ideology.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, that isn't "rhetoric"; that's the number. Calling it something else doesn't change the reality. Claiming that more people means more murdered children is also lame. You can bet that fifty-five million women didn't have illegal abortions.

Yes, that is rhetoric. You are trying to compare the number of abortions performed while it was illegal (an impossible number to know) to when it is legal (many things involved with this number). It's an apples to oranges comparison and the only people who would look at the numbers and see something wrong are the people who WANT to see something wrong.

Tell your claims about them being "safer" to all those women that encountered Gosnell, or someone like him. The safety thing is a lie. Little to no oversight, "privacy" used as a wall; the simple fact is you can't claim any safety at all, because most of these places aren't ever checked for that. But, hey, perpetuate the myth, and continue to place in danger the women your side claims to care about. Sensible people know the truth.

The world isn't safe. There are mean and dishonest people out there. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it will be totally safe, but you I can guarantee that when it IS illegal it is far more unsafe than when it is legal. Study after study after study bares this out and not just for abortions. ANY substance or action, when made illegal, becomes much more unsafe. It's just a fact of life. Sorry hun, you're wrong.

If you don't appreciate the discussion, feel free to go read something else. It's clear that some people know how accrate this is, and will go to any length to try and discredit the facts.

Appreciate the discussion? I just don't appreciate you using straw mans and other fallacies to try to make the problems you are pointing out look worse than they are.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:49 AM
The demographics for abortion are shifting.

Yes, abortion is in decline among middle class white girls.

It has shifted to poor whites and black teenagers; the target all along. Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood at one time were public about their racist goals of reducing the number of blacks in the US. This is part of their policy. Most clinics are located in poor neighborhoods, and the applicant for an abortion is three times more likely to be black than white; i.e, blacks are 13% of the population, but account for nearly 40% of abortions.

Fifty years ago, blacks were over 15% of the population. Now they are headed for 12.

It's a race war, alright.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
a reply to: tovenar

The reason the black population has fallen is... It hasn't! The Hispanic population has grown. The black population has risen. Just not as fast as the rest of the countries races. In fact the great majority of abortions are from middle class white women. Which is kinda the opposite from what you wrere insinuated.

Plus abortion rates per capita have constantly fallen except for one jump in 1988 ( if I remember right). Guess why abortions are dropping???? Sex education and availability of contraception! Which is hilarious because the right hates those as well and they are what's dropping abbortion rates!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:29 PM
a reply to: ArtemisE

Whites get more abortions overall (as I pointed out). Blacks get more abortions per capita. THREE TIMES MORE.

you're welcome to google it.

Google margaret sanger too.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:05 PM
Isnt it funny that all of these things posted cite hardcore christians as the voice of reason in it?

Y'all gotta realize...nobody gives 2 craps about your religion but you.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:33 PM
FFS Are you goddamn kidding me? Abortion Industry?! Really? It's a medical procedure not a frigging factory line. No time to clean up between abortions? For love of... apply some critical thinking.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:00 PM

originally posted by: Kali74
FFS Are you goddamn kidding me? Abortion Industry?! Really? It's a medical procedure not a frigging factory line. No time to clean up between abortions? For love of... apply some critical thinking.

WHAT ???

Abortion murder kills millions.

1.3 billion since 1980 alone !!!

And you are against war?

100,000 will die today from abortion murders !!!

Abortion moves faster than the national debt !!
Abortion Counters

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:40 AM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

This looks like a story about a former clinic worker who has a biased and tainted view of her former job. I see from the story that it is all her subjective rhetoric and she can't back it up with a recording from a meeting or leaked memo. Nothing to see here.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
a reply to: xuenchen

That's idiotic. The abortion counter (absurd to begin with) also includes spontaneous abortion (miscarriage).

Remind me again why anyone ever thought it was anyone's business to know why a person walks into a medical facility?
edit on 5/28/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM

1- Yeah, I'm totally sure that a "pro-life" website, or "The Catholic Register" are reliable and 100% unbiased sources of information about sex education programs and abortion clinics. /s

2- People get paid for abortions because it is a medical procedure. I'm not saying it's impossible for corruption to exist here. Rather, I'm saying that it's the medical industry that is corrupt, not just specifically abortion clinics. We need a complete overhaul of our entire medical and insurance industries.

she took aim at the programs for stealing away the innate modesty of children and creating a rift between children and their parents. She says that the programs aim to teach children that talking to their parents about sex is uncomfortable and then they offer to be the people the children turn to for support. She says that girls are then provided with low dose birth control, which is ineffective if not taken at the same time each and every day, which is close to impossible for any teenager. When the girls get pregnant, they then turn to abortion clinics, she says.

I was lucky enough to grow up in a nice little town where I attended a public school which taught sex education as part of the normal curriculum.

A- We were not told that talking about sex should be hard. And in fact, we were encouraged to speak to our parents.

B- Natural modesty? lol In which fantasy world? Children are naturally immodest. Have you never seen a small child or toddler just drop their pants or strip off their clothing in mixed company? Seen an infant touch their own genitals, regardless of who else is around? (A perfectly natural thing for babies to do.) Children are naturally immodest because they haven't yet had the many years of social conditioning and sex-related-shame drilled into their heads by those around them who are still corrupted to think their bodies are evil, and wrong, by way of puritanical brainwashing.

Children don't learn to be ashamed of themselves and their bodies, until well-meaning but brainwashed adults around them teach them to.

C- I don't know if sex education has changed so drastically since I was in school, but they did NOT hand out birth control of any form. If they had, it would have been condoms, not birth control pills (which require a doctor's prescription.) But we didn't even get that much. Yes, we were told how to apply a condom. But they were not given to us.

IMHO this sounds a whole lot like pro-life fear-mongering. What, you think some evil commie liberals are just handing your minor children prescription medication illegally and without your permission? And you actually bought that story?

Please... it's too early in the day for me to laugh so hard.

Sex education is a good thing. It leads to less abortions-- not more of them. Especially when those kids have the kind of "good Christian parents" who will probably never talk to their kids about sex, or birth control, beyond "don't do it, because it's sinful and god is watching you."

That's the trulyl shameful act.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:55 PM
a reply to: iwilliam

Your forgetting that anything not specifically for Jesus is for the devil. The world is obviously black and white not grey. Anyone who casts doubt on what my personal minister teaches is sent by the devil to confuse me!

We shouldn't be teaching sex ed. We sould rb teaching our children young earth creationism!

That's the reason we are falling behind the rest of the world in math and science! Schools are busy teaching kids how to protect themselves. When they should be teaching kids the proper way to saddle a T-Rex for when Jesus returns!

I assume my sarcasm was DRIPPING! Lol

(post by ArtemisE removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:41 AM

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Anyone who wants to discuss reality should go somewhere else lol.

Every single point you have made is easily discredited. If you did any actual research you wouldn't fall for there garbage either.

Did you really say that all the facts say your wrong is PROOF of a cover up? Can you imagine if you put that same logic to the rest of your life?

The low fuel light comming on and your tank being on E is proof there's gas in the car. Your car is just trying to cover it up. :p

You haven't discredited a single thing. All you have done is offer opinion. No data, no evidence; simply opinion. You have not posted any facts yet. Until you do so, there isn't anything to discuss other than your opinion, which is unsupported.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>