It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Abortion Clinic Owner: We Pushed Sex Ed on Kids to Create a Market for Abortion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

If you think she's lying, then it's on you to provide the proof. Do some investigation, and see where she did or didn't work.

Did you read the article? Everything doesn't fit in an article title. The articles (both) state that she was in charge of several clinics in Texas for several years. Why do you doubt her? because you don't like what she's saying? What will you do if you find it's true?

I offered the articles, and other evidence. You offer doubt and denial, and nothing else. The claims are by the person in the article; I simply posted them for discussion.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: andr3w68
If you were raped and conceived a child, would you honestly want to carry that child and give birth to it,

I'd punish the rapist and not kill the child for the sin of the father.
If I couldn't deal with having a child, I'd give him or her up for adoption.
The waiting list to adopt is a long one. Many people are waiting to welcome a child.

Me, too. That's what an old friend of mine did. The guy went to jail, and she has a beautiful and loving daughter. Single girl, though her parents were VERY supportive. I can't imagine deliberately killing an unborn child, no matter how bad being pregnant might be for me, and I have had issues with pregnancies.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: andr3w68
If you were raped and conceived a child, would you honestly want to carry that child and give birth to it,

I'd punish the rapist and not kill the child for the sin of the father.
If I couldn't deal with having a child, I'd give him or her up for adoption.
The waiting list to adopt is a long one. Many people are waiting to welcome a child.

Me, too. That's what an old friend of mine did. The guy went to jail, and she has a beautiful and loving daughter. Single girl, though her parents were VERY supportive. I can't imagine deliberately killing an unborn child, no matter how bad being pregnant might be for me, and I have had issues with pregnancies.

Sadly there are times when it's necessary. My sister has had two abortions. Both only happened because she agonised over it - but came to the conclusion that it had to be done. She was not flippant in any way, shape, or form about them.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I won't condemn anyone for their decision. I don't like it being legal in most cases, but can understand there are reasons that aren't so clear at times. I won't ask you to share her reasons; that's a personal thing in your lives.

I know how I felt after two miscarriages, though. The first didn't complete, and I waited a couple of days to be sure, because the idea of a D&C, and them being wrong, was something I couldn't handle. No doubt, though, as it happened. Second one went all on its own. Both times, the loss was indescribable. I felt the life, even early on, and losing those two, well, indescribable.

if we could simply get the law to allowing only really necessary cases, and rape cases (I wouldn't, but that's a very emotional thing), this wouldn't be such an issue. it's the cases of convenience, which most are, that are the real problem. That, and the money-grabbing attitude of the industry. I don't believe they care about the health of the women at all. Gosnell might be an extreme case, but I have heard testimonies from people that had them that tell of real issues with the clinics.

It sounds like your sister didn't want to have to make that decision, and understood what she was doing.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I think the woman in question is obviously adding her own newly discovered politics into it. If the story is even real. This is a bs right wing talking point. I mean come on... They give them birth control to get them pregnant!?! No one is trying to raise abortion levels for the sake of raising abortion levels. The left doesn't advertise the numbers on abortion rates.... The right does. It plays into the conservative talking points to have millions of abortions a year. So liberals don't want the number to be high. They want it to be legal. The right is the one who wants the number high so they can benifit off the politics. Don't know how y'all fall for this garbage.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Testimonials are alomost completely useless in today's internet age. We didn't get rid of the Catholic Church after hundreds of priests molested children. It's ridiculous to point out the worst case and assume it's the norm.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I'm afraid that if you make it illegal, then you open the door to backstreet abortions. Personally speaking I dislike abortions. However, I am a man and I also feel that excludes me from any discussions about the ethics of it. It's a woman's right to choose. And if a woman can't get a legal abortion and is sufficiently scared and desperate enough, then they will go the backstreet route, which would be dangerous.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

rhrealitycheck.org...

How about the fact that she's the head of a right to life group. Not just some person from the industry who isn't pushing her agenda. Being the head of a group who survives on donations is more then a little reason to exaggerate or strait up lie to push forward your employers agenda.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

utahcountyskeptics.blogspot.com...

Here's another site saying she's just selling books and making speaking fees.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

utahcountyskeptics.blogspot.com...

Here's another site saying she's just selling books and making speaking fees.

Aha. That's rather telling. Thanks - good catch.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

This woman states that she changed her mind on the issue, after seeing it firsthand from the inside. Claiming her "politics" are influencing her isn't fair. Her politics are a result of her change of heart.

Yes, birth control to get them pregnant. Some doses are like that; very critical to take them at the same time. Teens wouldn't be able, in most cases, to keep up with that. You can't deny the money factor. When big money is involved, and it is here, there will be corruption.

If this isn't "worst case", but the norm, what then? If she's being honest and accurate, what would you want done to change that? Shouldn't people want that changed?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

As long as it something matches your personal agenda why research it? All you could do is find out the truth. :p

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

I'm afraid that if you make it illegal, then you open the door to backstreet abortions. Personally speaking I dislike abortions. However, I am a man and I also feel that excludes me from any discussions about the ethics of it. It's a woman's right to choose. And if a woman can't get a legal abortion and is sufficiently scared and desperate enough, then they will go the backstreet route, which would be dangerous.

That might be the case, but that would be on a much smaller scale. As a woman, I find the entire idea horrible. I don't think killing an innocent baby is a choice I have a right to make. legal abortions can be dangerous, too. Gosnell is one example, but he's not the only one.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

As long as it something matches your personal agenda why research it? All you could do is find out the truth. :p

My personal agenda? Eh?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

rhrealitycheck.org...

How about the fact that she's the head of a right to life group. Not just some person from the industry who isn't pushing her agenda. Being the head of a group who survives on donations is more then a little reason to exaggerate or strait up lie to push forward your employers agenda.

She heads a group now because of her experiences. If she was in it for money, she'd have stayed with the clinics. They make a lot more.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Note to all - logging off for now, and back sometime later tonight as in "late", so keep it civil while I am gone, please, and be patient for responses.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

This woman has done whatever she has found profitable. She saw abortion was profitable so she bought in. Then she found out pro-life is profitable and she's been writing books and cashing speaking fee checks ever since. Always follow the money. Do you know how many people work in that industry? So the thousands working in such clinics are all covering up some conspiracy to give fake abortions and intentionally get woman pregnant so they come back and get abortions. The fact that they give out birth control is pretty good evidence against it. If they wanted pregnant teens to come in for abortions it would be way easier to denigh birth control and wait. Not give them birth control and hope they don't use it.

If you pay attention to what's logical you can usually see right thru talking points by either side.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Unless 5 books and being a pro life celebrity is more profitable. She never owned clinics. She managed a couple. That's not as profitable as writing 5 books, constant paid appearances and lots of pro life donations.

(post by jimmyx removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So, she found Jesus and is now on a personal crusade to shut down abortion clinics, huh?

Can someone tell me why educating kids about sex is bad?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join