It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Fatty Running On The Track This Afternoon: I Really Hope You Read This.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sure there are folks who eat too much and never get off their hienies but there are also folks that have weight problems because of medical issues, prescription meds that mention weight gain in the side effects section. Thyroid problems, hormone problems and genetics can play a part too...and my personal favorite...all the engineered foods nowadays. Growth hormone in poultry/beef/pork, etc. What do you think happens when folks eat any of that...they get fat. Anti-depressants can cause weight gain, (probably more than half the people in this country are on those). So many factors can enter into weight gain issues...not everyone is sitting in front of the boob tube and watching soaps and eating buckets of fried chicken. Some folks exercise and still don't lose much weight. Any one or a combo of the above things mentioned can seriously cause loosing weight to be an exercise in futility, (pun intended). Sure, some folks are lazy sloths but not all and generalizing is wrong.

I used to jog in my back woods, carrying a rifle on one sling and a shotgun on sling on the other, a 45 sidearm and a backpack, and was fit...from the jogging or just the added weight of the arms?

When one turns 50, it just gets harder to maintain, whether it is from hormone imbalance, thyroid issues, all the crap foods, GMOs, vaccines, prescription meds for BP/heart issues or whatever. I admire folks who try. I find gardening gives me lots of exercise as well as dancercise and the like...whatever floats yer boat.

Food nowadays is less about nutrition and more about being infused with hormones, antibiotics, GM tampering and the like...it's no wonder some of us are turning into butterballs and wondering why. Foods that we felt were healthy a long time ago are no longer healthy. Even milk and such has all kinds of addatives...they are planning on putting aspartame in milk now...mixing rice with human liver genes, and so on...no wonder there is so much obesity and sickness, even amongst those of us that do exercise.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
there are also folks that have weight problems because of medical issues, prescription meds that mention weight gain in the side effects section. Thyroid problems, hormone problems and genetics can play a part too...and my personal favorite...all the engineered foods nowadays.

Every one of those poor victim people you mention will lose weight if they consume a lower calorific value of food than they use in a day.
I eat loads of processed high sugar/corn syrup/fat crap food regularly but not in excess of the energy I use. It is why I'm not fat.
All people in any sustained famine situation are thin, even those with 'medical conditions' - stop claiming 'victim' and start consuming less energy than you use, it really is that simple. Unless you are claiming that fat people are some miracle of biology where there is some 'free energy' thing going on - ridiculous.
edit on 25-5-2014 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Romuloxreturns

" Then I had a surgery that left me immobile for 4 weeks "

You do not have to move far to exercise. I help people with amputations to exercise while recovering.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You are 100% correct.

Real medical issues that cause unwanted weight gain, kill you very quickly.

But obesity apologists love to push all kinds of BS to gloss over the truth. Which is...

The academics lied to you. The food companies lied to you. The Fitness industry lied to you. Your Mum probably lied to you .... and you are now lying to yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join