It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WW3 erupted would you help the war effort?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

OK, so lets say your job is planning WW3.

If you observe the commonly held notion that the only way to win a war is to remove your opponents ability to wage war and you also acknowledge the concept of Mutual Assured Destruction, then surely avoiding MAD needs to be part of your strategy for a win as a draw is not acceptable.

Instead of a direct military engagement you would first seek to undermine both the political and economic climate in your adversary.
Given that this is the age of global commerce and global communications, you would also seek to undermine your opponents position in terms of global "assets" and information resources controlled.

If the adversary doesn't notice what is going on until it is too late, you then simply exert your Military/Information Industrial Complex influence on the opponent without having to fire any nukes and you see a situation similar to the end of the Cold War - a clear winner and a clear loser with no MAD.

I believe this is the future of World Wars...localised skirmishes but no nukes between countries who are in the same economic system.

In terms of the OP's question "would you go to war to protect your people"- well hell yes...I personally haven't got a grudge against anyone based upon where they were born so if they are a peaceful human- I'm with them.

99% of the Earth is comprised of peaceful humans--it's the 1% who pay to send economically enslaved young men to do their dirty work who are the problem.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

then surely avoiding MAD needs to be part of your strategy for a win as a draw is not acceptable.

There is no acceptable alternative.
There can be no world war in this world without the use of nuclear weapons. Russia cannot occupy Europe. Europe cannot occupy Russia. The US cannot occupy Europe or Asia. Russia nor China can occupy the US.

There can be and are, non-nuclear skirmishes. There cannot be non-nuclear world war.

edit on 5/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The massive KH-9 Hexagon spy satellite on display at the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum's Udvar-Hazy Center, after being declassified on Sept. 17, 2011. Longer than a school bus at 60 feet in length and weighing 30,000 pounds at launch, 20 KH-9 Hexagons were launched by the National Reconnaissance Office between 1971 and 1986.

Roger Guillemette / SPACE.com

All the way back in 1971... wow! And only recently declassified.

To put that in perspective, the Alan Parsons Project released a song called "Eye In The Sky", but that was eleven years later in 1982.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
For those interested in more information about the Naval Space Command,
here is a link to a 2009 ATS thread on the subject.

ATS Thread: Navy Space Command uncovered
posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:48 AM
Flags: 447

Mike Grouchy
edit on 22-5-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Help fight for the war effort or my freedom?
I will always fight for my freedom, that would be a silly question.
I guess you could say alot of us are currently fighting for freedom.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
No i would not, and you can chuck all the white feathers you want at me. I would probably go to the Pub until it all blows over.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There didnt use to be but War evolves.

Prior to Nuclear becoming the convention, conventional wars used to be occupations and before that enslavement and before that raping and pillaging and before that cattle stealing etc etc.

WW3 is an economic and information war that is well underway. Employing the tools at hand within the social construct of the 21st century with it's touchy feely human rights and massively effective weapons of mass destruction.

All members of the UN security council are currently spending multiple billions per year against each other in an "information war".
If we monetise war and update values (also meeting Godwins law): the US spends the equivalent cost of Hitler's invasion of Russia every year purely on protecting the US from foreign cyber attacks*

(* OK ...I made that bit up but I bet its nearly right).

edit on 22-5-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

WW3 is an economic and information war that is well underway.

If that's the case my original statement still applies.

In a world war you would have neither the opportunity or option to help either the war effort or yourself.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

a draw is not acceptable.

Huh?? How can one believe this???
For a long time now, the "draw" has been the norm.
If you wipe out your enemy, then just who will buy weaponry??
Plus if one side is wiped out, how will there be another war?
War is not about aggression or whatever "they" are trying to sell, it is simply about making folks rich.
You see, waaaay back when, a country would war with another.
The enemy would be fully massacred, except for the slaves who were to be taken, and the country burned to the ground so all evidence it ever existed was gone, poof!
But that proved itself to not be economical, so we never really "war" anymore.
And some rich folks kids will never get "drafted" either.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It seems to me we should learn from the latest tactics. Namely scatter and regroup.

The USA's new "fractionated" swarm satellites - in which groups of small wirelessly-linked modules in orbit will replace today's large spacecraft - will be able to scatter to avoid enemy attacks and then reform into operational clusters.

New US swarm sats will scatter to avoid space war strikes
www.theregister.co.uk
By Lewis Page, 17 Aug 2010

Rather like how members of ATS are "scattered" but come to this forum as a "group".

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Naa Russia will use nukes America will use nukes . no point going to war because were all going to fry

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
No i would not, and you can chuck all the white feathers you want at me. I would probably go to the Pub until it all blows over.

This comment still seems to be stuck in the view of old-world conventional weapons.

What's that saying? "Every General is ready to fight the _last_ war."

According to this ATS Thread, a Senator has already admitted that we have military in Space.

AST Thread: Senator Mike Gravel "We Have a Space Military Force, it is in Existence"
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:13 AM
by member: phatdamage

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
@g146541

A draw is not acceptable in the hypothetical situation of planning a win. Real World = MAD due to any parties involved in a "conventional world war" having mobile ICBM's.
Therefore you have to undertake an unconventional war.

@Phage

Not disagreeing with you at all...just pointing out that WW3 is likely to be historically classed as "unconventional" but still has to be accepted as a "World War" due to the fact none physical assets (Information based) have increased incrementally in strategic value since the 2nd World War.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: aightism2
Naa Russia will use nukes America will use nukes . no point going to war because were all going to fry

One should really try to catch up to the 21st Century in military thinking.

Mike Grouchy

Launch of Rokot with European Swarm Satellites from Russia.

A Russian Rokot successfully launched from Plesetsk in Russia carrying three satellites called SWARM for the European Space Agency. Liftoff occurred at 12:03 UTC on November 22nd 2013.

The official mission is listed as detecting earth's magnetic field,
but either way it verifies that "swarm satellites" are a reality.
edit on 22-5-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

According to this 14 minute video
we have already shot down one of our own satellites,
and China has tried three times to shoot down one of their own.
They succeeded on the third try.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
I was thinking

If WW3 erupted today between Russia and the US or our allies, I think I would enlist tomorrow. I am not a fan of the NWO or the slave wage system we got going here but we do have plenty of other things going for us. I dont really think any of that would matter anyways. It would be about survival. I would want the west to survive even if its evils did as well. Everyone I love is here.

I dont want to see the Russian, Chinese, or any other people suffer. I do want to see their governments fall though if it comes down to a them VS us situation.

I dont know. Just a thought. I would enlist and try to serve my country and by that I mean my people. I dont exactly like our government either.

I guess I would kill people if it meant my people would survive. I would try to be proficient at it and do my job well. Not for a pat on the head or for some song of glory. I would think to all my people the other guy couldnt kill from his grave.

Its a dark train of thought I know. I still think it though. God forgive me. I would fight in their world war and try to win by any means.

You?

Me no.
Never, want no part in politicans and bankers game.

I would only fight if attacked first never as the attacker and I would expect my polticians on the front line with me.

Blindly signing up and supporting wars is why illegal wars happen as those in charge count on fools to sign up no matter what.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofsheba
Of course. I like easy questions that only require an easy answer... Yes, absolutely and unequivocally the answer is yes, because that's what we do as Americans; we defend our way of life. Might not be viewed as the best way of life for some people out there, but only if you live here can you appreciate what we have and we still are the freest country in the world and I thank my lucky stars for that every day. I don't take that lightly.

Actually hate to break it too you....new Zealand is the most free country in the world now.

Don't know were you Americans keep getting that free BS from as you lost the most free spot years ago. Even my own country the UK is only a place or two behind!

America only leads on 3 things. Debt, Military spending and Prison population.

As for the topic? Blind support for ones government is how bad governments get there power,
edit on 22-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofsheba
a reply to: tadaman

I can't speak for you, but I do appreciate my freedoms and all it takes for me is to watch ten minutes of the world news every day to know I'm still living in the best place. I appreciate what I have and would willingly, gladly in fact, protect those values to give them back to my children and their children, etc. How long will it last? I have no idea, all we can do is instill the values that make this country that place where people risk their lives and flock to in droves to come to. I wonder why that still holds true to this very day?

You do know the news only covers the worst bits right? You wont ever get a balanced view of abroad from it?

On my UK all I get is horror story's from the USA does that make the USA the worst place in the world too leave? No it doesn't.

Only way to really judge a country is to research it and best of all get off your butt and visit it.

World is not black and white ie Great USA/ crappy north Korea like cesspits

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
HELL NO! Why? to benefit the goddamn military-industrial complex? To benefit Big Oil? To come home a Veteran and to languish and die as the result of a corrupt, incompetent Veterans Administration?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
HELL NO...
Who tells us who our enemy's are?...politicians.
Who tells us when to go to war?.....Politicians.
Whos behind black ops and false flag operations?..politicians.
Who decides which country would be better off under their rule? Politicians.
Faceless, bureaucratic cowards to a man.. let THEM duke it out, man to man...
I have no beef with the man next door or the other side of the world, but I know why we go to war.....MONEY, and who is given the illusion they control money? Politicians, puppets of the business conglomerates.
You go to war and die a unnecessary horrible death along with countless thousands whilst some A'hole gets rich off the profits.
And its always the same bunch of country's, you never hear of Greenland taking on Ireland do you now?

edit on 22-5-2014 by zeevar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join