It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WW3 erupted would you help the war effort?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Hongkongphooey

What if it was your home nation against another?

with that distinction made and clear, would you not help your people win(friends, family, and communities of your home nation)? Or would you argue for unity with the other side dropping bombs and killing people whom you have a greater affinity with?

Would you help the war effort to have your home nation win in that precise scenario?

You dont have to answer, it just seems like you are taking this out of context.

edit on 5 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Obamas enemies are not our enemies. He makes you think they are. Did the american people want to put sanctions on russia? Dont think so. I would not fight and die for the elites agenda by no means. If another country invaded us thats a different story

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

NO, I actually didnt like it too much so I shut it off almost at the end when I sat down to watch it a while ago.

I am just asking a simple question.

It really has a simple answer.

Yes or no.

BUT you dont have to answer. Saying that much and refusing to answer would be more honest than adding all this extra baggage as others are doing.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It really has a simple answer.

Simple answer:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm going to say no, for the simple fact that if it were up to me, we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with. a reply to: tadaman

OP, it seems like you are not denying ignorance. Telling us all how much you'd be for it, Phage gave you an answer and you seem to have not recognized this.

edit on 5/22/14 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Of course. I like easy questions that only require an easy answer... Yes, absolutely and unequivocally the answer is yes, because that's what we do as Americans; we defend our way of life. Might not be viewed as the best way of life for some people out there, but only if you live here can you appreciate what we have and we still are the freest country in the world and I thank my lucky stars for that every day. I don't take that lightly.
edit on 22-5-2014 by queenofsheba because: cuz I said so

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

I dont think we are the most free. I dont think that would matter really. I think we are free enough to have a good life even with all that has changed. We still feed and cloth millions of people. Educate and care for millions of people. Leisure, food, health...all good things we shouldnt take for granted.

I just am wondering how many people would really lay down and die, and more importantly watch their own people die over their ideals.

We could be more free, but I think we have enough going for us to stand up and defend it.

I think our lives are really the best thing we have going for us. If they were threatened by war I would like to think that we wouldnt just lay down and die, or worse, watch our own people die because of an ideal or a belief once held in peacetime.

I would like to think that although our allies are not shy to sing our faults in peacetime that during a real threat that we would all band together to survive it. I would like to think that we would do the same for them as well.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
From the point of view of one who went through duck and cover drills...
In a world war you would have neither the opportunity or option to help either the war effort or yourself.

Just between you, me and Lewis Black, Phage.. I find it amusing for
the DoD to say we could escape the effects of a 6 or 7 Mton air burst
close up and impersonal by scurrying under an L-shaped chunk of
5/8 plywood. But the top was nice and shiny, maybe reflective......NOT

If there ever was a reconstruction, I could hope the legislation attached
to it for our descendants was a little less bumbumping than after 1865.
Well, back from dreamland I'm concurrent that in a full exchange anybody
within 100 miles of a Linda Hamilton Tanning Shop is gonna get some.

And in fairness to you, Tada and sticking to the thread... sure. My dad
taught me to shoot very well, and do other things that would make me
quite troublesome even at my age. And I intend to stick around as long
as possible-- if that includes a tradeoff for a tyrant, good trade.
edit on 22-5-2014 by derfreebie because: Avoid thread drift, and tellin' it like it must be

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SixX18...OP, it seems like you are not denying ignorance. Telling us all how much you'd be for it, Phage gave you an answer and you seem to have not recognized this.

I'm not going to take sides on whether Phage is right or wrong...
I will, however, note that - the probability of a World War, or any war that invades another country - is generally for the purpose of acquiring/obtaining something the other country has...that the invading country wants.
Nuclear annihilation is going to diminish that possibility in most cases - or, at least, postpone the plunder for...quite a while.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash
In this world there is only one way to "win" a world war and that is by removing the ability of the adversary(ies) to wage war.

In this world there is only one way to do that.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SixX18

He didnt actually answer it outright. He is being willingly cryptic.

"there is only one way to win a world war"....*said in my battlestar galactica, Number One (Brother Cavil) voice..LOL No offence phage.

I dont really care. I am just curious as to how many would set themselves aside and see the bigger picture.

Its as much for me. I would like to know if my reasoning is shared by others or if it is a fluke.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

In this world there is only one way to "win" a world war and that is by removing the ability of the adversary(ies) to wage war.

In this world there is only one way to do that.

I read your statement earlier...and was even the first to star it.
You say 'win' a world war...and I do not disagree. But - if that is the only way to 'win' said world war...and quite a few of the participants have the ability to send such terror on their enemies - I guess we're really looking at a Global-No-Win situation - which begs the question - Why World War if there will be no World to win?
Thanks for the reply.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Why World War if there will be no World to win?

Because there are some not sane people in this world.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I can't speak for you, but I do appreciate my freedoms and all it takes for me is to watch ten minutes of the world news every day to know I'm still living in the best place. I appreciate what I have and would willingly, gladly in fact, protect those values to give them back to my children and their children, etc. How long will it last? I have no idea, all we can do is instill the values that make this country that place where people risk their lives and flock to in droves to come to. I wonder why that still holds true to this very day?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

Agreed.

I appreciate your reasoning. It is comforting to see people like you are still out there.

Have a good one.

Hold it down.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Because there are some not sane people in this world.

Can't argue with that...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Good thread, and bumped. I started responding to Phage's
realistic scenario of a lot of scorched earth and heavy casualties---
without addressing the real issue. For that I'll apologize here.

A lot of present day historians and a few other pundits have
characterized Pike's timeline as not only accurate, but being
meticulously implemented. We've got an us v. them mentality
working against us--- at the same time dragging us into the
last war for humanity. The real enemy, and who really has been
for a lot of centuries are the very rich who start all these wars.

A Rothschild matriarch:
"If my sons did not want wars, there wouldn't be any."
I wonder in the long run if we actually want that choice to
forever change how we treat each other.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Personally I would want to see our government be weakened till we could finish it off.Then with a clean slate we could rebuild it and put in better stop gap measures to ensure the Oligarchs could not take over again.I would not want any other government to take us over,just weaken us till we could step in and redo it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
World War Three has already started.

It has been going since sputnik was launched in 1957, and has continued nonstop for the past 57 years.

Notice the alien in this 1958 movie shows the same attributes as software. The ability to self replicate endlessly, and immunity to conventional attacks. As such, I suggest to you Tadaman that you are already fighting the cyberwar.

Phage, also, is a already a cyber warrior and was invaluable during the 2012 doomsday hysteria in; defusing panic, getting accurate astronomical information out to the US public, and helping the less educated understand the realities of comets and rogue planets.

My only disappointment in ATS has been in the UFO forums, which seems stuck in a world war two era of atmospheric craft. Even the amateur astronomers here only seem to post photos of planets, and never of satellites. But over all I would say we are already on the front line, and doing a great job.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join