It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros sells all shares of Citigroup, Bank of America and JP Morgan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

Its possible. Good ole George seems to know when things are going to happen in this world. I'm actually a little scared by all that's going on in the financial world right now. I hope, if it does all go to hell, that the people of this country use the opportunity to say screw this system, lets make this a better country. I think after the 2008 market crash, people would begin waking up as to whats going on, and that it isn't going to change unless we make it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You are talking about a man who has been known to manipulate the stock market to his advantage. He is only looking out for himself here, imo.

I agree that my explanation is less likely than yours, but he's not all bad, he has been known to retract excellent trades because he was accused of having inside information, simply because he wanted to prove that he makes good trades because he is intelligent and not because he is manipulating the market. But you're right, he seems to look out for himself before anyone else, and he doesn't strike me as the type of person who makes trades based on moral decisions.

EDIT: actually it may have been Warren Buffet who retracted trades for the above stated reasons. I can't remember.
edit on 22/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Yeah, I mean, I wont condemn the guy 100% as I do not know him. But from looking at his track record, its really hard to like him. haha.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I don't think this will directly lead to the banks failing, but apparently other wealthy traders are dumping stocks too. This leads me to believe that they see the writing on the wall. I certainly hope there wont be another bail out, and honestly, they don't deserve it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

If its related to Russia and China I don't think a bailout would be possible if the currency deflates.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I hear people talking about a bailout...what exactly are you going to bail out and with what??
You cant use a bucket with holes to remove water from a sinking ship lol. You cant bail the banks out with worthless money which is what will happen to the dollar if it devalues which it will if the world stops using it as the universal currency to buy oil.

interesting time we live in.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If they dumped their bank stock, did they just cash out or did they move it to another area?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
if Soros is pulling out of 3 TBTF banks...he is putting that money in something else which he sees as being a better place to have your money in --more gains/profits

as to reasons for exiting those banks... the Fed had announced (or more aptly, thinking-out-loud) it is possible that rate hikes might come sooner than expected...that in itself is good for Bonds & not-so-good for banks,,,
-> perhaps he see the Bail-Ins taking place with the Banks seizing customer accounts to pay off derivative debts

-> maybe he is moving that money to buy into the Bullion Banks in China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Etc. where real, asset backed money is and vast tonnes of gold are actually vaulted (unlike the USD & Ft Knox/West Point)

? is the re-set coming sooner than 2015

just the disclosure of the Soros' market action in the last quarter (selling bank holdings) can move the stock market today & tomorrow as we all speculate
edit on nd31140075471622312014 by St Udio because: number correction

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I just want to let you guys know that George Soro's knows that he is famous and that tons of people follow his stock movements. This is how he can and does manipulate the market for his own benefit. You see him short a currency? Words gets spread he put a billion dollar short on a currency. People think he knows things, and short the currency too. Gues what. The currency goes down in value.... Self fulfilled prophecy. Market manipulation.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac

newswatch.us... China arrests former JP Morgan CEO. Just a coincidence?

This guy left the bank in March - around the same time bankers were being suicided around the globe. He's now under arrest. Probably no coincidence there.

However these guys dumping stock for dollars doesn't make sense if dollars are going to be worthless unless they're putting it into something else like metals or other commodities. They'll just have a pile of worthless dollars.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Its also worth noting that he has invested heavily in tech and gold mining.

In regards to tech, it makes sense for the BIG inve$tors/Lobbyiest to invest in Tech , since net neutrality is gone. Just like every other industry they just got full control of it and they will now get to decide who will be the winners and losers.

What kind of insight might he have that we dont?

When you got that much money you don't need insight , you own part of the market and you decide what its going todo.
edit on 10531America/ChicagoThu, 22 May 2014 10:10:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I would pay close attention to what he does, if the banks do fail again, would there be a bailout this time? Or could this be related to what Russia and China are doing, could this lead to banks failing?

There are no uncertain terms or ambiguity from the gov about
bailing out the big boys anymore... it's not going to happen.
I think it's just a setup for when things go really bad for the
boys with the green ink and high speed c-clamps to instead
"order" the government to do a bail-in.

Of course it'll be in the best interests of the people to have
their checking accounts razed instead of the value deflated.
It's kind of like:-- we get to not choose between a wheel-
barrow of recently adjusted PetroBucks to go to McWendys
or the sudden embarrassment of your debit card going NOT.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A canary in a coal mine.

He is one of quite a few. Bad trend. Bad omen

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Now would be the time to set gold at pennies per pound!

Of course Soros and his cronies know what's gonna happen. After all, they control the markets, manipulate the markets and profit off people. But if I had any money in their crooked game then I would definitely watch him and his little friends very closely. But you have to know that it isn't the things that you see them do publically that should concern you, it's the things that they try and do quietly that you should take notice of. Just watch all of'em. Hopefully, at the right moment, someone will pull the rug out from under them the same way they do to everybody else.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
This doesn't necessarily have to mean he is predicting these banks are going down hill. It might just be that he has realized how evil and insidious these particular 3 banks are, and has chosen not to support them any further. Or it may just be a bit of both... hard to tell really.

You know you're talking about George Soros, right?

I mean the guys is the synthesis of dishonesty...lol

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh my....I better sell all my shares in Citigroup, Bank of America and JP Morgan. I don't even need to make a transaction to do that.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm going to assume you know this is a satire site and are being sarcastic

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Well, Atlanta did post a Craigslist add looking for crisis actors.

http://_national_report_dot_net_/atlanta-craigslist-ad-seeking-crisis-actors/

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
eh; still prefer soros and buffet to koch...

mostly because of a knee jerk partisan response, or rather counter-knee-jerk-partisan-response. ( in the sense its a knee jerk response to other knee jerk responses).

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

eh; you could say that about most of these political financiers.

Soros seems to be mostly interested in playing partisan politics, so be it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wewillallbefree

Satire site or not... There is a posting. Want proof?

atlanta.craigslist.org...

<< 1    3  4 >>

join