It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I tell if my meditation is working?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have been meditating for a while now, my main point of focus is my Anja chakra.

Anyway, how can I tell if my third eye (or pineal gland) is becoming stronger?
I know a few things like intuition can improve, and CEVs (which i have had a lot) but is there any definitive thing that can tell me I am making progress?

Thanks,
Luke

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The general main point, or benefit of practicing meditation is that it to help the mind find clarity, along with health benefits that goes with it.

If you want, just keep focusing on it as hard as you want, till the glands snaps inside your head and you will probably see or hear many things from your hearts content.

Shouldn't you be worried about some root chakra issue or something?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If you have to ask
it isn't.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I do all my chakras, but my focus in the Anja.
I have seen geometric patters and drawn them after meditation.
The reason i ask if there is a definitive thing that will show me it is working is because i cannot tell if i am seeing the images in my minds eye or my actual eyes when they are closed.
I have also seen white flashes of light when in a pitch black room with my eyes closed and a bandana over them.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Does seeing geometric patters, and thinking about the universe as a infinite cycle of alternating negative and positive as well as negative-positive infinities which contain universes within the infinities as well as infinities within the universes mean anything? This is a little bit of what my meditation has taught me. But meditation is different then pineal activation/good Anja chakra energy, Correct?

I have also been having a lack of perception of time lately? Is this a good sign that it is working? I honestly would like to know, im not BSing or screwing around.

Luke

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You should focus without using any focus! this is the trick. It is achieved when you understand what meditation is. For me the thing you do is specific energy work, not meditation. And I advise you to continue with this energy work, but firstly experience real meditation. To help yourself on this quest you might want to start practicing some Dudeism.
Zen music helps also. If you don't like it try this.

Source

In the West, the word meditation means a concentrated state of mind in serious reflection. The Latin root of the word meditation, mederi, means "to heal." It is an effort to heal afflictions of the mind, the hurt ego, by trying to understand the cause of the problem and finding a way to solve it, that is, by knowing what counter-measures to take. To meditate thus, is to deepen a state of understanding.
In the East, however, meditation does not mean thinking at all but fixing the mind in a spiritual ideal, to be one with it, or the thought-process dissolving in the consciousness of it. According to Zen, meditation does not involve any concept but is an awareness of inner silence.

If you act accordingly to your world, not against things and don't panic, I promise you all will come clear after few months. With patience and smile.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname

Thank you, i am open to anything that can help.
Do you have any interesting results from meditation you would like to share with me? The mind is a strange and glorious place to dwell.

I thought (knew) in my mind i should continue my work of meditation.
I also feel as if i was wrong to ask this question on here.
I know that i must not stand up for myself here for it matters not.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Luuke123

I know it may sound funny, but my best meditation happens while running. I think it is common for people because I've heard the phrase often enough, "They are in the zone". You seem to be aware of everything and your thoughts are crystal clear.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Luuke123

Yea, and I saw a tunnel, with bright white light, which moved around like a roller coster from stargate, which some how determines my fate. And nothing much has changed since then.

Anyways, the main focus of the supposed Anja chakra is meant for clarity, not psychic powers. If your doing what I think your doing, your just gonna screw with your self. The third eye is not about a tingly, burning, sensation, and is not meant to be focused on at all, like what many new agers, or occultist supposedly believe.

At the last minute the guy pretty much explains what the true third meditation supposed to be.

The only thing that should be associated with the third eye really, is attaining inner peace, while letting go of one thoughts, to focus. Not to directly focus on the gland, but to allow the gland to be one with the body. If that even made sense.

What your doing is some cheap form, made by some cons.

edit on 22-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Luuke123
a reply to: Egoismyname

Do you have any interesting results from meditation you would like to share with me?

Actually one expects some impressive stuff to go on. In reality the the Important changes are very subtile like water, yet powerful like an ocean. Any explanation given will be miserable to the truth laying behind. I can use words alike magnetic, solid, power, current, and so on, but that can't paint the picture. And furthermore it will make you strive similar experiences, which only can impair your movement ahead. Attach to nothing, observe everything, what needs to happen will happen.

new topics

top topics

join