It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Alert: Did a Nuclear Device Explode off the Japanese Coast? (Video Included)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
I doubt it is nuclear, but here is a Japanese news report about the explosion. Maybe someone here can interpret for us?

You can see a bit better what the cloud looked like in this news video, but I think this is still just a still photo they are zooming in on.

Does anyone know if this is the East China Sea? or off the coast of Okinawa Japan?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've read a lot of these posts and I think I agree with the person that suggested it might be otherworldly, I consider these things when I come to this conclusion, 1. If true there is a media blackout, 2. Instruments arent detec anything, and l. ast if this did happen the way it sounds there was a large explosion and smoke, to me this sounds like a possible crash. Ill admit though, I did no research whatsoever.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I found some more information regarding this, with what appears to be the original video in the OP's clip. Not sure how legitimate this source is, but there's some interesting tidbits that I've seen, including this quote:

“If it is the explosion of the submarine volcano, then the water depth would be shallower than 30 meters.”

According to them, they're a little weary of it being volcanic activity.

Source

Edit: A few other similar sources (translated to broken English) report of the loud explosion being followed by a very very loud "Gong" noise.

Now wtf kind of weapon is followed by a Gong noise, as loud as its explosion?

This is kind of weird..
edit on 22-5-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Not tests. They were trying to kill it...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

From what I'm reading, the sound was reportedly emanating from the North of Kume-cho (Kume Island), so I'm guessing it's closer to the Kume side of the East China Sea than Okinawa. Okinawa is a ways further Northeast of Kume.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Some of the reports coming from there are suggesting the cloud could be from an underwater volcano eruption.

Considering that the area is volcanic, I suppose one plausible explanation would be a volcanic event.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

It was apparently an estimated 28 km north of Kume Island:

Google Maps Kume Island

And that appears to be in the East China Sea west of Okinawa.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Copy cat. :-P

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

I meant that the region is volcanic. According to this website (Volcanodiscovery.com), there is some activity in the East China Sea between the Japanese main islands and Taiwan -- 2 active volcanoes, 3 with minor activity, and 2 listed as "unrest".

Image of region from Website:

I realize that the Kume Island region is farther to the southwest, but the region in general is vocanic, and it is plausible that there is some new activity down there.

edit on 5/22/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Soylent, you're absolutely right, which is why I edited out my post. My mistake. I read that there's historic submarine volcanic activity in the area, and that Kume along with the larger islands of Okinawa were created by volcanoes as well. A lot of the others arecoralline in nature. If they were once active enough to create an entire chain of islands, why couldn't they re-emerge?

What weirds me out though is these reports of very loud "gong" noises that occurred after the explosion. Any ideas on what that may be?

Oh and thumbs up for fact finding!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

A volcanic eruption would have been my first guess, but there was no earthquake activity in the area (at least none above 2.5).

The U.S. military is apparently claiming it was from their training. And either the U.S. or Japan was investigating radiation at 5 locations, with mention of some error with depleted uranium ammunition.

If it was volcanic activity, I wouldn't expect anyone to cover it up and claim it was from military training. My best guess at the moment would be either some U.S. military exercise or activity that involved depleted uranium ammunition or something else happened that released radiation and that's a cover story. There certainly is enough going on in that area that it could have been anything from munitions being routinely destroyed to a military exercise to some attack being averted with an attacking craft being destroyed.

The gong sound that was reported is weird. Some sort of warning? New weapon? Hard to say without knowing more.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There were the weird contrails seen from Hawaii also in the last few days. Maybe they are testing Pacific defenses?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Better video here:

..in japenese.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Could be a oil tanker going Bang, or gong!

or USSR nuk't a US air craft carrier? lol.
would they tell you??

IF it was some thing normal!
they would have found out by now?

edit on 22-5-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've asked my cousin Joe to translate the video - he speaks fluent Japanese - I'll let you know if I hear back from him.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yes the whole area is volcanic but there is nothing happening anywhere near Kume in the time period mentioned
did you even read my post or look at the map?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IT WAS NOT VOLCANIC!
edit on 05u14114114 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You're not going to keep a nuclear bomb going off a secret, from anyone. If one did detonate anywhere near a civilian populace it would be all over every media facet planet wide.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It may have been the Americans testing the Pacific Defense network.
A fuel-air bomb would give the appearance of a nuclear blast without the radiation.
It would be a helluva bang!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Ameilia

From my Japanese Canadian friend's reply email to the Japanese news video link I sent her:

"you know the old old story. She talks too fast. I got: the explosion happened 18 kilometers to the north of the island where the Americans are known to do military exercises.

All the inhabitants of the island heard the explosion about 10:30 a.m.

She says jyuu min. That means 10 and min means people as in the whole population.

She may have said jyuu nin meaning 10 individuals. I give it to her, she has excellent pronunciation unlike most fast speakers.

Is this why she has the job.

I heard that off of Fukushima, the govt is letting more poisoned water out into the ocean from under the ocean so where will it hit ?

The west coast of North Am like Canada and USA and then down to west coast of Mexico and then south America and up to Alaska and Russia and themselves.

So there should be more reports of five toed fish that glow in the dark, glitches in the salmon run and other migrating good tasting fish.

Now is the time for the rest of the world to tell them to keep their 'dirty' water.

I just thought that when the sea turns to red in Revelation may have something to do with this dirty water."

2nd msg:

"Sorry, it was 28 kilometers north. There was black smoke and the ground shook. sounds like an under water volcano to me.

if it was a military exercise, then why weren't the town hall , I heard the word yakuba, informed ?"

can confirm... I also had problems understanding it, because my Japanese got a bit rusty, but I could also understand 28km offcoast, something with Americans, 10 people.
I wish I would be able to understand more...
I will try to ask my girlfriend tomorrow for a proper translation, she is Japanese and lives in Japan
so she should know whats up

edit: did not see the posts about the Japanese news claiming it was US training... if this is true, I can fully understand why so many people down in Okinawa want to get rid of the US base.
Actually I can already understand it without that, because all the US soldiers I met in Japan had been total douchebags.
edit on 22-5-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join