It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$250,000 Fine for Lying on Obamacare Application

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Whoa !!

Now people who "lie" in order to get a precious 0bama.Care subsidy can expect a slap upside the head real quick like.

Apparently some regulations have been published and it could be a "sock-it-to-ya" moment for cheats.

But I wonder how many will be labeled that were in fact mistakes of the system that has been proven to be oh-so faulty?

And I can't seem to find the penalty schedule for government officials that are proven 0bama.Care liars and cheaters ?

Obamacare customers caught lying on their applications in an effort to bag bigger taxpayer-funded subsidies could get slapped with a $25,000 to $250,000 fine.

Page 409 of the recently released Health and Human Services regulations states that "any person who fails to provide correct information" on the Obamacare application "may be subject to a maximum civil money penalty of $25,000 for each application." Anyone who "knowingly and willfully provides false information" is subject to a "maximum civil money penalty of $250,000 for each application."

A recent Washington Post investigation of internal Obama administration documents determined that "potentially hundreds of thousands of people are receiving bigger subsidies than they deserve" because they "listed incomes on their insurance applications that differ significantly--either too low or too high--from those on file with the Internal Revenue Service."

Be extra careful with this mess. The IRS and the Justice Department WILL BE headhunting *After* the elections !!

$250,000 Fine for Lying on Obamacare Application

Check Your Information !!

They will be Nailing Anything that Moves Loose !!

edit on May-21-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From the brietbart propaganda, I mean.. source:

So will the Obama administration actually slap hundreds of thousands of Obamacare customers with $25,000 to $250,000 fines for submitting incorrect information on their Obamacare applications to score lower taxpayer-funded health insurance premiums?

No, says University of Michigan assistant law professor, Nicholas Bagley.
"The money at stake in any given case is too small, and the process for imposing civil money penalties too cumbersome, to justify much in the way of governmental enforcement," Bagley told Vox.

What you're talking about is a penalty for fraud. Fraud of all types carries a potential for fines. It's good to set a maximum penalty don't you think? You know, an upper limit, not to be exceeded? As a matter of fact, in the paragraph preceding the one excepted above:

A recent Washington Post investigation of internal Obama administration documents determined that "potentially hundreds of thousands of people are receiving bigger subsidies than they deserve" because they "listed incomes on their insurance applications that differ significantly--either too low or too high--from those on file with the Internal Revenue Service."

So in the now typical damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't attack fashion — there's fraud (and that's bad) but there's penalties for fraud (and of course, that's also bad).
edit on 2014-5-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The IRS will be the ones that impose the "standard" penalties.

And those guys aren't college professors.

It's the law !!

It's the law !!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just signing up for anything that is connected to Obama and all the associated punishment that is connected to everything he represents is reason enough not to participate in anything related to him, not even remotely..,

I have not signed up for anything and never will, if it has anything to do with the ongoing fraud which is the ACA.

I don't file income tax anymore either, and will not unless this ridiculous and fraudulently passed bill is removed.

Obama-care was designed to KILL this country and milk as much money from the populace as possible, and when the country disintegrates to anarchy, those that used their criminal contributions to this abortion upon humanity will just move away to their new home somewhere nice and comfortable, with all the money they took from America.

This is the very same things the Bush family did with the bank bailouts that garnered billions in laundered cash right from the treasury into their offshore bank accounts. They are still doing it because it is working for them with no accountability. How can they be prosecuted when they are all bought and paid for...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Simple defense: The Federal Government has no Constitutional power to compel a citizen to engage in the purchase of any tangible good or service. The State of Indiana holds a legal precedence that a person can use up to and including lethal force to prevent a denial of Constitutional rights, which was later added to their State Constitution. The Constitution maintains that [i[all Federal powers are enumerated and the People retain many unenumerated rights and powers.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Pay up breez

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Destinyone

I signed up to Amazon dot com.

Didn't buy anything though.

lolz

Bet you got counted in the Obamacare sign ups anyway...

Des

I did sign into Obamacare dot website to check out prices.

Gave a phoney name.

So Obama is touting "Betty Flatulence" as an enrollee.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ATS Thread

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Did you see a couple of the Catagorized-"BEST" Comments at that LINK?

Let me get this straight.

If you cannot afford insurance and need a subsidy, and lie about your small income, the gov't will slap you with a 250,000$ fine.

So, if you have little or no money, the gov't will put you in debt for life, if they don't kill you off first.

AND

Using this logic Obama should owe Billions of dollars for his lies about Obamacare.

-
OPINION: 1. Credible-Observation ... AND ... 2. WOW!
edit on 21-5-2014 by FarleyWayne because: Appears HIGH-RISK just to LOOK at ACA !!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Using this logic Obama should owe Billions of dollars for his lies about Obamacare.

So worth repeating.

LOL

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Pay up breez

originally posted by: Destinyone

I signed up to Amazon dot com.

Didn't buy anything though.

lolz

Bet you got counted in the Obamacare sign ups anyway...

Des

I did sign into Obamacare dot website to check out prices.

Gave a phoney name.

So Obama is touting "Betty Flatulence" as an enrollee.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ATS Thread

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I didn't find a rabbit lol

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Simple defense: The Federal Government has no Constitutional power to compel a citizen to engage in the purchase of any tangible good or service. The State of Indiana holds a legal precedence that a person can use up to and including lethal force to prevent a denial of Constitutional rights, which was later added to their State Constitution. The Constitution maintains that [i[all Federal powers are enumerated and the People retain many unenumerated rights and powers.

The SCOTUS didn't agree with you. They found that the individual mandate is constitutional under Congress’ taxing power.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You all know that Obama is the only one allowed to lie about anything.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Indeed... So.....in theory, I'm so broke I have to lie to get subsidies in the first place... (which may or may not work like they're suppose to in the first place).

So naturally, when caught, I'll have that 1/4 Million right up from my off shore slush funds. It's perfectly logical to assume someone trying to get cheaper insurance will have such funds to seize.

Never mind that amount to most NORMAL people basically means Game Over in the 'ol game of Life as a productive citizen without government lien on your every future effort (at interest, of course).

...or is this about seizing people's houses? That's the only other thing middle class or below have to take.

Either way why don't they just be blunt. If you lie??

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

If they only had put the cost for Obamacare up front, I would not have had to resort to fibbing on my application in order to simply look at the costs.

Hmmm. . . . .

Amazon can do this, yet Obamacare can't?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The fine for not signing up is sounding more and more meaningless, in light of the cost, high deductibles and now this. Just sayin

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is why I will not sign up for Obama Care. Under the Fifth Amendment no government can force you to provide any testimony or documents that can be used against you in a Court of Law. Now that you can be fined for lying sending them that application is voluntarily waiving your Fifth Amendment rights.

It is also the reason for a couple other things I refuse to participate in. Wish I could voice them online.......

I ain't no sucker and I ain't giving no Government ANY document or testimony that can be used against me.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Did you see a couple of the Catagorized-"BEST" Comments at that LINK?

Let me get this straight.

If you cannot afford insurance and need a subsidy, and lie about your small income, the gov't will slap you with a 250,000$ fine.

So, if you have little or no money, the gov't will put you in debt for life, if they don't kill you off first.

All of a sudden conservatives care about the plight of poor people?!

edit on 2014-5-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well...with so few paying sign-ups...they have to get the money to pay for this boondoggle some way. Fine their way into the numbers they need...

Des

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's been a good long time since I've encountered a democrat who actually LIKES anything about this new structure being foisted upon the nation right now. Quite the opposite. The people I know who DO like it are among the few by circumstance who have fallen into sweet spots to benefit. They DO exist. Not EVERYONE is screwed....but the ratio is blown so badly it's nowhere worth the loss for the assistance.

Some are really clinging to the divisions of party to make the horror of the regulations seem less painful, but even that's fading as anything like effective, IMO. It'll come more so as more parts kick in. We have a long way to go yet, and the nation hasn't seen it all. Not by a long shot in impact or direct regulation.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
lies and fraud
if it the laws were equally enforced there's be so few people in the federal gov't and insurance agencies not in prison we wouldn't be having to worry about if our tiny little money trees will produce enough to keep their appitite satisfied!!

But let's face the facts
We are gonna end up paying for this mess no matter what we do!
either we will buy the insurance or have it given to us by our friendly taxpayers
or we will end up paying the fine
or if all else fails and we don't and the insurance companies end up losing money we will end up paying for their bailout!

all because of lies bribes payoffs and fraud!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join