It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entry level jobs...What!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

An injection modling factory is a manufacturing job. Did you study for that position?

I would imagine no, you had prior work experience or something of that nature.

I think my definition of entry level differs from most people.

~Tenth

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: VoidHawk

if your working at McDonald's, you are in a entry level job.

Oh well that changes things.

Mcdonald's is not an 'entry level' position, it's a McJob.

Meant for students & business professionals who want to run fast foot joints and make money. To claim that these are careers or qualify as Entry Level is insane IMO. I consider an entry level position to be something you studied for and have a degree for.

Or a cert from college or something of that nature.

~Tenth

This is an outstanding point. "Entry level" implies that there is a potential for growth. I guess at McDonalds you have that potential (and can actually end up owning your own establishment if you are able to survive long enough).

My first "job" where someone was paying a wage, was cleaning pools for an old man named Leroy. His wife made him hire me because he had passed out due to blood sugar, and she was worried he'd end up falling in the pool and drowning. Me and Leroy travelled all over the Plains Trail region cleaning pools out on far flung farms.

Was that "entry level"? No. It could be called "dead end" because there is no chance to advance. It was a summar job.

I think that potential for growth likely should be verbalized by the employer. it isn't often that a 19 year od is hired as a night stocker at Wal Mart, and 20 years later end up being an executive VP in that industry. Night stocker is not "entry level". Even though it may be done by 19 year olds.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Precisely what I mean.

Thank you for articulating that better than I did.

~Tenth

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
WOW...... jsut WOW.
So working at McD's or any fast food place is Not and Entry Level Job??? Really.
If you are working at those places then you have no work skills. and the min wage they pay is in part to get you some skills needed to advance up the job chain. They pay min wage so they can sell the food cheaper and more of it to make the company profit. If you think paying $15.00 for a BigMac is is a good thing then you are truly lost and no hope in site. I for one would not agree to pay a buger flipper or the fry guy for that mattter $12.00 p/hr to do just that.
Yes it IS and entry Level Job, designed to get you some work skill. Manager make a nice living I agree, but. If you want to be a buger joint manager then have at it.
It is called learning and making better for you and your family. It was and will never be meant to raise a family on.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join