It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California police caught on camera fatally shooting man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Feel free to put on a badge and show everyone how it is done.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah but those looked like garden shears, pretty big shears.
I do see your point though. If I was confronted like that I would have to fight him too as I dont carry any sort of weapon on my person. I carry knife in my car thats about it.

Peace.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
here's how I see it... 21 foot rule. plain and simple. It is what they are trained in and it may have prevented one of the cops being stabbed in that video.

See the cops already pulled their guns out and were engaging the guy with the shears. They are standing within 21 feet of the guy. See how one cop keeps trying to get further away than 21 feet in the video. If the cops put their guns away and try to unholster their tazers instead they will be in serious risk of getting charged and stabbed by the guy with the shears. They can't go back and forth arguing whos going to put their gun away and get out the taser while the other covers him with a real gun, they were too busy in the mix of it.

The cops were probably trained to use the gun first in this sort of scenario because they probably didn't know exactly where the guy with shears was initially and could literally bump into him coming around a corner. If you are within arms reach of a guy with a knife or shears when you taser him there is still a really good chance he can plant that blade right into you before going down. A gun has a better chance especially if using hollow points like cops do to shove the guy back and away from the cops if they need to fire on him. SO they entered the situation with their guns drawn. Got into a situation where the perp was within 21 feet and were screwed about other options at that point.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Is it me or do these shootings just keep getting more frequent? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It isn't that the shootings are more frequent, but now everybody has a camera handy and access to the internet whereas in the past we didn't have that luxury.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Also, I'm just explaining as to why I believe a gun was involved instead of a taser.

To me it's still pretty bad discipline if the cop gets so tense in that situation that he shoots the suspect without the suspect going on the offensive.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Wow they are rioting in Salinas over these shootings.

Protest over CA police shootings turns violent, hospitalizing cop trying to help slain teen

www.rawstory.com...

I think this is going to start happening all over the country.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Oh boy, here come the 'police' to defend their fellows.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Execution?
This guy broke into someone's home and was possibly gonna commit rape. He then has sheers in his had while the cops tried repeatedly to get him to put them down and surrender. How would the cops know that this guy wasn't getting ready to walk into a populated area and take a hostage or kill somebody? I think the cop should've tazered him instead of shooting him but I don't know what the cops reason is. And had I been that cop I would've arrested that loud-mouthed idiot woman.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: HanzHenry

Probably the same way you accept money from the military to occupy countries, take their resources and kill innocent people.

I DON'T accept money to do any of that. And your answer ADMITS my view on cops. You do not deny, you state that others do it TOO..

And there is a HUGE difference. One is against others, and one is against your OWN PEOPLE/SOCIETY. which is worse? need a hint? PREYING ON YOUR OWN PEOPLE is BEYOND DETESTABLE.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Why are they waving a Mexican flag at the 1:00 minute mark instead of an American flag? Do they want to live in a place where it's okay to go around with a pair of sheers threating peoples lives? If so then they won't like it here in America. And this doesn't look like a riot, at all. I'm willing to bet this town always has stuff like this going on.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Wow, that looked bad.

20 years ago the Cops just beat you up.

That looked like an execution.

C'mon, are f@^king kidding me? An execution?

He was lawfully tried and found guilty of waving gardening shears after an alleged B&E... THAT is punishable by death. Seriously, get your facts straight.

edit on 22-5-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Feel free to put on a badge and show everyone how it is done.

I don't need a badge to show an adult man how to deal with a armed suspect.... It's common sense especially when the suspect looked like he was an old drunk with something a 10 year old mind find as a weapon. Not to mention he was surrounded....

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
See, here's the problem with the 21 foot rule. The cops are using that to justify not using a taser, but the cops were constantly moving within 21 feet of him. One officer could keep the man covered with a gun (preferably outside of 21 feet) while the other gets his taser and takes the guy down.

Teamwork. Isn't that the whole reason they have partners in the first place?

That was an execution for convenience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join