It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California police caught on camera fatally shooting man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Salinas, CA police were caught on video fatally shooting a man who allegedly broke into a house and exposed himself to the owner.

Ok he broke into a house (allegedly) so he was lucky the home owner did not shoot him. You can see the police chasing him with guns drawn and he had a pair of gardening sheers

it does not look to me like he was threatning the police at all but he still got shot.

I really only have 1 question why the didn't someone just hit him with the taser ? He would have dropped the sheers and it would have ended it quickly without the loss of life.

And it would have saved the department a lot of bad press

Why do they even have these non lethal weapons if they are not going to use them?

When police arrived and found the man on an adjacent street carrying a pair of gardening shears, the incident quickly escalated. The Herald quoted Salinas police Cmdr. Vince Maiorana as saying that the man was initially unresponsive when police tried to approach him about the alleged attempted break-in, then began to act strangely.

"Officers end up talking to this individual, trying to find out what he's doing and what the situation was based upon the original 911 call," Maiorana said. "This individual started to wave the gardening shears at the officers. We tried to deploy a Taser; the Taser did not work and as the officers tried to detain this individual, this individual pulled the gardening shears and actually attacked the officers with the gardening shears There's some split-second decisions that have to be made by the officer," Maiorana told the Herald. "When the officer commanded this individual to drop the shears and to get down on the ground, this individual actually attacked the officer with the gardening shears."

According to the paper, though, witnesses — including the 19-year-old college student who captured the video footage of the shooting — disagree. The source of the Herald clip, Yoanna Prieto, said the man appeared to be backing away from police the entire time she was filming

link

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Your questions are all rhetorical, right?

WE LIVE IN A POLICE STATE. This is what happens in a police state. We were warned about it years ago by people like "AJ"* (love him or hate him) but did NOTHING. It is only going to get worse unless we DO something.
edit on 21-5-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: I understand ATS has an issue with him, so I abbreviated

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wow, that looked bad.

20 years ago the Cops just beat you up.

That looked like an execution.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Wow, that looked bad.

20 years ago the Cops just beat you up.

That looked like an execution.
It WAS an execution.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think the woman yelling summed up the situation well.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

She may have been a bit mouthy (entitled considering), but yes, she was spot on.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
They are trying but who would expect a change...

SALINAS, Calif. —The Salinas Police Department was slammed with an online petition, tense protests outside the police station, and a possible lawsuit Wednesday as residents declared officers used racist judgement and unnecessary lethal force while killing three Hispanic men in three separate incidents in 2014.

Read more: www.ksbw.com...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

They are trying but who would expect a change...

SALINAS, Calif. —The Salinas Police Department was slammed with an online petition, tense protests outside the police station, and a possible lawsuit Wednesday as residents declared officers used racist judgement and unnecessary lethal force while killing three Hispanic men in three separate incidents in 2014.

Read more: www.ksbw.com...

That and what they did in New Mexico is what it is going to take but on a much larger scale.

Albuquerque residents attempt citizen's arrest of police chief
www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's funny how with all the alleged training there can be such inconsistencies.

Obviously they could have tased him. From another Salinas PD incident with a violent suspect who lunged at officers:

Thomas Pugh exhibited signs of intoxication and was non-compliant and argumentative, refusing to take his hands out of his pockets.

Pugh was tased when he advanced on officers and was taken into custody.

After his arrest he was found to have a box cutter type knife in his pocket.
Salinas PD taser man

So one group of cops encounter a drunk, belligerent and violent man who allegedly moves to attack them and he gets tased.

A second group of cops encounter a belligerent man who allegedly moves to attack them and he gets shot.

Both were presumed armed.

So something in the situations prompted one cop to pull a taser and another cop to pull a gun.

the guy who was tased even has a history of assaulting cops no less:

Police said Thomas Pugh, 52, was taken into custody in front of the Cold Stone Creamery, 1176 S. Main St., shortly before 7:10 p.m. and booked on suspicion of battery on a police officer, resisting arrest and probation violation.
link

I wonder why one is dead and the other is alive.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Is it me or do these shootings just keep getting more frequent? Almost like the police have been given the "OK" and protection to play judge jury & executioner?

Makes me sick! & pissed off!

edit on 0106063151056st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow.....He really just shot his ass while he was walking away......Damn shame

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Nevermind I have a strange feeling the pigs lied in the report as usual.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus
Omg, please read that little tid bit the op put there it says they tried to tase him it did not work.
Maybe the guy was on meth or something. I still dont agree with killing him though, the man had shears maybe shoot him in the leg. I bet that would of worked just fine.

Peace.

Why shoot anything at all... I could have took him down easily and I'm not a cop. I don't get it.....

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
Is it me or do these shootings just keep getting more frequent? Almost like the police have been given the "OK" and protection to play judge jury & executioner?

I am guilty of skimming the article and watching the video.

I wonder what they mean by it did not work? Were the Tasers not working or did they just not take him down?
edit on 21-5-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m
Because that would put you at a extremely high risk of being stabbed with those shears he was swinging around.
Either way that man should not be dead.
Peace.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

I am guilty of skimming the article and watching the video.

I wonder what they mean by it did not work? Were the Tasers not working or did they just not take him down?

No idea buddy, but what ever the case may be .. I think their decision to use deadly force was premature. I didn't see the "victim" try to "attack " the police . Also I know you can reload tasers quick , and I am sure both officer's were carrying tasers , I am sure two tasers would have dropped the dude

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

execution for sure. although, you break into someones home that is EXACTLY what you deserve.

But, this police state is scary. How can anyone with integrity accept money to be a cog on the wheel of tyranny,?

None with Honor and Integrity would be a Cop, not in a POLICE STATE. that is a NAZI.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus
a reply to: 3u40r15m
Because that would put you at a extremely high risk of being stabbed with those shears he was swinging around.
Either way that man should not be dead.
Peace.

hahaha shears he was swinging around... I would take my chances and take his ass out without a gun or baton. But that's just me I've been stabbed because I will lunge at you especially if you have a weapon it just makes me more mad and if that ONE swing of the weapon doesn't kill me, its over with... But their was plenty of cops to take him down, pansies....

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I strongly disagree with your stance.
The lady filming referred to the executioners as "retards", this just brings down retarded people.
Hell a retarded person could have handled this situation better.

Police will figure things out sooner or later, I hope it doesn't get to the point where police family members end up paying for the sins of their fathers as they are the soft targets.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

Probably the same way you accept money from the military to occupy countries, take their resources and kill innocent people.
edit on 22-5-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join