It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Gold in the USA (there is on paper)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I was reading up on how Germany has asked for their Gold back from the USA. Its all kept in Fort Know... Apparently.

to repatriate 674 tons of gold from the New York Fed and the French Central Bank, it had managed to transfer a paltry 37 tons. This amount represents just 5% of the stated target, and was well below the 84 tons that the Bundesbank would need to transport each year to collect the 674 tons ratably over the 8 year interval between 2013 and 2020. The release of these numbers promptly angered Germans, and led to the rise of numerous allegations that the reason why the transfer is taking so long is that the gold simply is not in the possession of the offshore custodians, having been leased, or worse, sold without any formal or informal announcement. However, what will certainly not help mute "conspiracy theorists"

link - www.zerohedge.com...

I also read that there has been no Audit on fort knox since 1953... only a mere 61 years.

My Point to this was that with the USA basing their currency on the PetroDollar and with China/Russia giving it a gut punch.

The US Dollar could effectively be a Ghost Currency. If it wasn't for that good old paper work.

Any Thoughts?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish

I have a gold tooth if that'd help. Then again, neither the U.S. or Germany can run fast enough to catch me.

You'd think Fort Knox would be an open book, and they'd be so proud of America's gold that they'd show it off from time to time.

edit on 21-5-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

They've been selling ( intentionally dumping) physical on the Comex for many years to manage the price. Buyers in the East are gobbling it up.

The dollar isn't backed by gold anyway.

It's backed by secret treaties with prominent OPEC countries and the overseas projection of the US military. If the US military ever fails a test, the US will plunge into a crippling depression with rapid inflation of the $. IMO, this is why the US does all it's fighting with weak countries and with proxies. Bush and the Neocons squandered a lot of capacity in Affie and Iraq.

It's coming.

edit on 21-5-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Watch that tooth, they will be after you

Its a really hmmm subject this. I keep going hmmmm.

InverseLookingGlass

You know way more than me on this, it just surprised me to learn!

Do you have a timeline as to when things may go bad... Or I suppose worse lol. They are not already that great lol

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I was watching a history channel show the other night about Fort Knox and it hit me. That place IS what is wrong with America. Right there. Make it a trademarked symbol for FAIL of checks and balances.

I watched the video of the Congressional delegation "allowed" to view ONE little vault of gold to represent the amount which apparently can't even physically fit in what is represented above ground, and they were fawning all over for the opportunity to see it.

EXCUSE ME?!

We elect 2 sets of people who are supposed to *BE* the direct power which we cannot be. Senators/Congressmen and the President. Just who the heck is Treasury to tell United States Senators or Congresspeople that they can ONLY see a part and only once, on a special day in a special way and under 10 types of special conditions?

Congress should have taken that, defunded Treasury at the individual personnel level, flat-lined the Armored division based next to it for funding and told the arrogance which existed even THEN...just WHO worked for WHOM.

Now it's too late. Who knows what is or isn't in Fort Knox. It probably has a giant empty underground chamber with a lone sign propped in the middle. "I . O . U. 1 National Fortune. HA HA HA. Have Fun!"

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Paper, gold, whatever it is - ways to weigh "value."

Sure when you look at some people's wages, you'd think that the value of the time and effort they put in isn't worth much (this is strictly dictated by the current economic system, with some lee-way to consider "income padding" by select members of society).

Regardless, value comes in far more forms than paper fiat currency or precious metals. These simply attempt to place a generic analogue to a vast swath of valuable other "things" in this world. Makes it hard to perfect.
edit on 21-5-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Well done, F&S. There's a really good reason why there hasn't
been a physical audit of the Fed repositories anywhere since
1954. The only things propping up the PetroBuck right now are
extortion; and the 'good faith and credit of the United States'.

You didn't mind your body and your children's being collateral,
I hope. About a third of the dirt under our feet and everything
else here has been sold off to finance the counterfeiters.
Didn't want to be too Pythony, but our third propper-upper is
DENIAL. "Ben, Houston --Happy Landing."

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

They've been selling ( intentionally dumping) physical on the Comex for many years to manage the price. Buyers in the East are gobbling it up.

The dollar isn't backed by gold anyway.

It's backed by secret treaties with prominent OPEC countries and the overseas projection of the US military. If the US military ever fails a test, the US will plunge into a crippling depression with rapid inflation of the $. IMO, this is why the US does all it's fighting with weak countries and with proxies. Bush and the Neocons squandered a lot of capacity in Affie and Iraq.

It's coming.

Maybe soon Inverse... just got wind that in the middle of August
the price fixing practices for silver by the big banks will be
discontinued. If that's a portent for the rest of the precious
metals and you're in any position to pick up a box or two of
junk, this summer may be a chance to make a literal killing.
With my present personal financial situation; BWA HA HA HAAaaaa.

Aside: with our basic manufacturing capabilities exported, and
the munitions and ordinance manufacturing almost completely
off shore now-- exactly how exposed is the US now to a good
pounding if our allies decide to throw US under the halftrack??

If somebody around here wanted to go toe-to-toe Old School:
I also thought you win a war by making the other guy unable to
wage it anymore. In that case we could be scrood from the get-go.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
well as someone once said,,

old school.

a reply to: derfreebie

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
We elect 2 sets of people who are supposed to *BE* the direct power which we cannot be. Senators/Congressmen and the President. Just who the heck is Treasury to tell United States Senators or Congresspeople that they can ONLY see a part and only once, on a special day in a special way and under 10 types of special conditions?

There's a pretty good documentary on Fort Knox on Youtube. The problem is that there's a bunch of above ground vaults, however we have seen these vaults on camera and there are stories from people who worked there. We know how many of them there are and we know how big they are. They physically cannot contain the amount of it's claimed they hold.

On top of that, there's a part of the facility that's sectioned off from the rest which is the basement. There is a massive vault underneath all the supposed gold on the ground level. Whatever is really being held in Fort Knox is in that basement and it's not gold because it would make no sense to put 80% of the gold under one set of security and 20% under less security.

One does not build a fake outpost above an installation and then devote an entire army division to guard it for no reason. Whatever is held there is significant, but it isn't gold.

Btw that room full of gold we've all seen? Take a look at the scale in the photo where it's weighed. Whatever was weighed was not a solid gold bar.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish All the gold was turned over to the creator to keep this earth show running.

new topics

top topics

join