It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI director: Zero tolerance pot policy kills our ability to hire cyber war programmers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hail to you, brother. I couldn't have said it better myself! We programmers have a lot jingling around in our noggins, sometimes a lil' MJ goes a long way when trying to come up with some creative solutions to pretty complex issues. I hope they drop this stupid law!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Chinese hackers vs stoned American hackers, I wonder who will come out on top of that one? Not that we are already outnumbered 4 to 1 as it is. This entire legalization push will only benefit TPTB.

The end result will be it only providing billions of dollars more in Tax revenue for them to fund their Global Empire, nanny state, and to control even easier the millions of dumbfounded dip #s.

But hey, Smoke up Johnny!
~$heopleNation

So your answer is that we are damned if we do and damned if we don't? Because keeping it illegal is just lining the pockets of the ptb with the CIA smuggling coc aine, for profit prison systems getting cheap (slave) labor, and a whole slew of other things.

Which situation do you think is better? Legalization so tax money goes to tptb or illegalization so that we are slaves instead?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

The stupid pothead is a myth.

Unless they are already stupid of course.

Then it's accurate!

People are people...some are 'normal' - whatever that is, some are weird, some are strange, some are as thick as a brick, some are geniuses...and people who are partial to a little pot, are from each and every catagory.

There's no such thing as a sterotypical pot user.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
WOW, this thread is hilarious.

Also, I didnt think we were allowed to talk about recreational cannabis use

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hiring for ' creativity ' is fine and good. I work on widebody aircraft- under, more often than not, time constraints. Even considering working next to a pot head is something that is NEVER under discussion among techs,- be they avionics, Systems, A&P, Structures, Test, Flight, and even Interiors. In my 40 plus years in aviation, I have never heard " hey, what do you think of giving petition to the FAA to relax their restrictions on pot"?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I've just scanned the thread so I don't know if this has been brought up but Comey had to backtrack on his remarks:

Link.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
When I was employed by the FBI, there was an individual who got fired for smoking crack..... problem was they were doing it 20+ years while working for the FBI before they got caught.

When I was hired, for pot, the magic number was 15..... you could say you smoked weed 14 times and get hired.... 15 was an automatic disqualification.

I always wanted to know what scientific study showed that someone who smoked weed 14 times was better than someone who smoked weed 15 times.

Finally someone with some brains figured out that it was a stupid standard and it was done away with. Last I heard the question was changed from have you smoked marijuana 15 times or more to do you feel you have ever had an addiction to an illegal substance or something along those lines.

When I retired in 2012, the approval process for hiring in the FBI from application to offer of a job was less than 30%... most people failed the polygraph.
edit on R052014-05-22T20:05:08-05:00k055Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Which situation do you think is better? Legalization so tax money goes to tptb or illegalization so that we are slaves instead?

Things should stay the way that they are, you need a medical clearance to purchase it. However, I don't like the idea of people doing time for smoking, so I understand that side of your point. Obviously Federally some laws need to be changed, as well as some state laws. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
time.com/107525/up-in-smoke-fbi-wont-change-rules-on-pot-smoking-recruits/

I guess this is debunked?

www.cbsnews.com...

He really did say what he said. Seems he is getting shat on right now.
edit on 22-5-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
THE BEST, anti-cyber hacker/programmer would be an ex -cyber criminal. Recruited from the underground, busts, guys looking to cut deals for their freedom, turn coats, rats..

The FBI is up to no good..

This. You get the skills by breaking the law in the first place. They really don't need you on the payroll to prevent it, they want you to commit it lol.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
THE BEST, anti-cyber hacker/programmer would be an ex -cyber criminal. Recruited from the underground, busts, guys looking to cut deals for their freedom, turn coats, rats..

The FBI is up to no good..

This. You get the skills by breaking the law in the first place. They really don't need you on the payroll to prevent it, they want you to commit it lol.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The FBI director's statement is IMO, a psi-op for public consumption...

Think about it,... the FBI is just like other "intelligence" agencies... information deception is their bread and butter like the CIA or the NSA etc,...
To say that they drug test any and all FBI members is complete B.S.!!

The public needs to wake up to the true devious nature of these agencies. Sure there are a lot of agents that are drug tested and follow the "rules"... But we are talking about a COVERT agency that can do pretty much anything it wants with impunity...

This whole thing is just a P.R. stunt to placate the public into thinking the the FBI is being "honest" with them in how they conduct themeselves... what a bunch of HORSESH!T...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I smoked pot at one time, it was the worst time of my life. I have seen what it can do. You all have convicted yourselves you are creative more talented when you smoke pot. That is because you have become physiologically addicted to pot, just like a maintenance drinker who drinks just enough alcohol. Its all bad alcohol ,pot, cigarettes. coc aine ...you name it. I know this post I will get personally attacked , but I have to live in this country also. If pot is legalized full scale in this great country it will be the worst thing that ever happened, we will stop to exist as a country. All the people that say they are brilliant on pot I wonder how much more brilliant they would be with a clear head , actually feeling the exhilaration of life not under the influence of anything. as a test stop smoking pot for a month, I'll bet you can't do it.
edit on 23-5-2014 by LA1IMPALA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Here's a thought: maybe the extremely skilled cannabis-smoking programmers/IT personnel think so fast and about so much at one time that sometimes a good sativa is needed to slow things down to a manageable, sortable level and make constructive sense of those many thought streams happening at once. Indica smokers, on the other hand, usually get the munchies and go to sleep, or vice versa. BTW, if the 'tokers' were dumb, then they would not pass the courses required to become IT professionals.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin

you call that a thought???

more like a brain fart..skunky and smelly too lol

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Evenin',

So...does this mean that the only thing that can stop the FBI Cyber Warfare Division is The Munchies?

-Peace-

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

I believe the legalisation of MJ has little bearing on the physical performance of people doing their jobs clean and sober ,no one has a right to question their fellow mans integrity with no reason for doing so.

People are responsible with alcohol and when they arent they are reprimanded,same with MJ,it is about freedom of choice and social boundries.

If the US Cyber-Forces have access to the best AK-47 they can get while off-duty on Saturday and come up with some creative Cyber-solutions they can use on Monday then those commies havent got a chance .Can you imagine being a Fly-on-the-Wall when the Chineese Strategists and tacticians are attempting to anticipate the USs tactics,ha ha haha,they seriously would not know how to even begin tuning in.

I believe this will take Billions of dollars out of TPTBs pocketbooks by breaking their Mexican cohorts,and Billions will be saved in less law enforcement on MJ resuting in more dollars and lives saved elsewhere,billions will be saved on Judicial costs,Billions will be saved on Prison costs,Billions will be saved on re-hab and finally BILLIONS will come back into the Real Economy insteadof disappearing into the black-market one.

Actually this move will hit TPTB right in the cojones,they are only doing this because they have to they screwed up and have crippled their own country by branding multiple generations with criminal records and escalating punative actions right up to life in prison.They have disenfranchised tens of millions of americans by giving them records for MJ and now these critical Americans have all fallen through the holes.Now the Boomers are old and need health care,and most of their kids and grandkids have been brutalised by the Boomers MJ laws themselves and they cannot gain employment and earn money to keep the system afloat.

The Government is folding in on itself,it NEEDS to redirect these many BILLIONS of dollars back to the places it needs to be and not on MJ enforcement which is and ALWAYS has been their bread and butter ,the MJ laws have subsidised much of the graft over multiple generations and in the process raped every generation of kids exposed to them and hi-jacked their educations and fiscal futures, self-respect and American Citizen in good standing feeling.So now all the money diverted to the artificially designed MJ war will flow naturally back to its rightfull places supporting the country and even more money will be earned in taxes to help things recover,then the only thing left for TPTB to do will be to launder the trillions they are now going to be moving around OUT OF THE PRISON BUSINESS and into Senior Citizens Homes so they can suck out the last dollars from the aged Boomers they didnt already fleece.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
I guess this is debunked?

LOL now that is hilarious. The old dude is like "rabble rabble rabble you're undermining our strict federal stance on weed and making us look like idiots". Comey's response is completely predictable, falling back in line and kissing the ass of the old dude "no don't whip me so hard master, I'll be good from now on I swear, I really don't like marijuana". But his response doesn't "debunk" anything, he never said they were going to rewrite the rules, he said they need to think about. But obviously the higher ups have told him not to think about it and to drop the idea. However I still respect the dude for having enough balls to come out and say what he said in the first place, even if he couldn't stand his ground.

edit on 23/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
I smoked pot at one time, it was the worst time of my life. I have seen what it can do. You all have convicted yourselves you are creative more talented when you smoke pot. That is because you have become physiologically addicted to pot, just like a maintenance drinker who drinks just enough alcohol. Its all bad alcohol ,pot, cigarettes. coc aine ...you name it. I know this post I will get personally attacked , but I have to live in this country also. If pot is legalized full scale in this great country it will be the worst thing that ever happened, we will stop to exist as a country. All the people that say they are brilliant on pot I wonder how much more brilliant they would be with a clear head , actually feeling the exhilaration of life not under the influence of anything. as a test stop smoking pot for a month, I'll bet you can't do it.

Marijuana becoming legal would be the worst thing to ever happen? Worse than murder becoming legal? Worse than the Holocaust? Worse than the Trail of Tears? Worse than the Inquisition? Nope, marijuana being legal (something that was the case for literally 99.9999999% of human history) is the worst thing to ever happen.

We will cease to exist as a country? Marijuana was made illegal in the 1940's, so the 160 or so years that it wasn't an issue we weren't a country then?

Personally attacked? Why would we have to do that when your argument is full of rhetoric, personal opinion based on propaganda, and emotional appeal? Your argument is just silly and brings nothing to the discussion. I don't need to attack you personally, your words did enough damage to your credibility anyways. You have NO idea what you are speaking about. You make GROSS exaggerations and then you invent your own science. Come back with some sources other than your ONE personal experience with the plant. Methinks you aren't even being entirely truthful about that either, but whatever that is between you and your creator I guess.

I'll leave you with this:

Why is Marijuana Illegal?

You’ll also see that the history of marijuana’s criminalization is filled with:

Racism
Fear
Protection of Corporate Profits
Yellow Journalism
Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
Personal Career Advancement and Greed

So by continuing to argue for marijuana being illegal you are indirectly supporting the things above.
edit on 23-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Interesting that racism is the first thing on your list of reasons why marijuana is illegal. I don't think many people actually realize just how much racism was involved. Harry Anslinger was probably the most pivotal figure behind making marijuana illegal, and this is the type of crap he said:

edit on 23/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join