It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads on fridge? Google say it's possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Google is looking into the future of things mobile that's one step further than Google Glass. This new way for mobile tech can include such things as advertising on refrigerators, Google Glass with advertising, wearable advertising, car dashboards, and even Smart Homes. My question is where is this tech taking us to? What's the desired result; is it artificial life? Will there be a point where there is too much tech?

We expect the definition of “mobile” to continue to evolve as more and more “smart” devices gain traction in the market. For example, a few years from now, we and other companies could be serving ads and other content on refrigerators, car dashboards, thermostats, glasses, and watches, to name just a few possibilities.

I put this information to ATS to get some real answers. What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
smart = dumb

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So its really spam on the fridge.. so where ever you lay your eyes you get spammed to spend more. i thought we have had enough of it allready in our emails.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I seem to remember seeing a article that our fridges would be able to tell us when we needed to buy a item, because the one in the fridge was nearing it expiration. Something to do with RFID chips.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Advertisers would put screens on the inside of your eyelids to show you ads 100% of the time if they could. There is no less scrupulous industry, I swear.

Monetize Monetize Monetize.

It's all about "growth" right? Companies are never satisfied with strong, yet flat sales with healthy profits. It always needs to be MORE.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
I seem to remember seeing a article that our fridges would be able to tell us when we needed to buy a item, because the one in the fridge was nearing it expiration. Something to do with RFID chips.

I remember that also, but the next step (according to advertisers) would be to display something like:

You need to restock these items:

Hellmann's Mayonnaise
Fresh Farms Reduced-Fat Milk
Oscar Meyer Bacon

And why not try some Captain Crunch with your milk, now on sale at Safeway!

Disgusting.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
No, no, no. This is just not good. Not good at all. Just a nother tech to destract people.

Peace.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

...and since the feds now have carte blanche over you health information via their bailedout insurance companies and Obamacare compliant doctors, and corporate America always works hand-in-hand with the feds, coming soon to a fridge near you:
round the clock monitoring of your at-home eating habits, diet, and likely audio/video monitoring of your kitchens (like those with DirecTV digital boxes and Microsoft Kinect units currently enjoy in their livingrooms.)

Watch in horror as your insurance premiums go up the way smoker's premiums did last year all because your fridge ratted you out to the insurance company and the feds over that 2 gallon a week ice cream habit you have.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Watch in horror as your insurance premiums go up the way smoker's premiums did last year all because your fridge ratted you out to the insurance company and the feds over that 2 gallon a week ice cream habit you have.

I've said the same thing many times! Eat what THEY describe as unhealthy food and we'll find our insurance is void when we most need it!

As for where will it end?
It wont end until we have chips in our heads, and they're already working on that.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There is a fairly large city out here with an Exxon fuel station that has audio commercials that play at the gas pumps while they are running. Forced to hear crap while buying fuel. Trouble is it's the only one on that side of the town so it's drive to buy elsewhere.

edit:

Actual company is

n 2014, they were acquired by Energy Transfer Partners, the parent company of the east coast gas brand Sunoco

They just sell Exxon fuel.

edit on 5/21/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There will always be a cheap fridge available for those of us that don't want this crap in the door. Hell, I don't even want a ice dispencer or water spigot on my fridge. K.I.S.S.

But even the simple fridges of the future will probably be Smart Meter accessible.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

There will always be a cheap fridge available for those of us that don't want this crap in the door. Hell, I don't even want a ice dispencer or water spigot on my fridge. K.I.S.S.

But even the simple fridges of the future will probably be Smart Meter accessible.

Even worse, it might monitor what you buy/eat what with RFID tracking on food now. Everything that goes into the fridge will be inventoried and the data sent to the bacon police.

*knock knock*

"Bacon police. We notice you've been putting a lot of bacon and sausages in your fridge, fatty pants. Open the door, please."

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Won't buy one, and if that ends up being all there is, not even second hand, will redesign the door myself to it. My fridge has my own pictures and things on it, its mine, I don't want anything satanic freaks who are harming/hurting/starving/maiming/enslaving others. All the rich.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
So its really spam on the fridge..

Okay. I dunno if you did that on purpose or not but either way...

It was awesome.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Even worse, it might monitor what you buy/eat what with RFID tracking on food now. Everything that goes into the fridge will be inventoried and the data sent to the bacon police.

*knock knock*

"Bacon police. We notice you've been putting a lot of bacon and sausages in your fridge, fatty pants. Open the door, please."

"Your eating habits are being sent to your primary care physician. Expect your insurance rates to rise appropriately."

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
what this really means is that i will have ats plastered on every possible surface

i assume it will look something like this with ads

edit on am520143112America/ChicagoThu, 22 May 2014 00:28:18 -0500_5000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
No thanks. I am obviously old fashioned, but I like my fridge the way it is and I want the right not to be bombarded with advertising all day long. Junk snail mail and spam and all those annoying phone calls is bad enough. Had a phone call yesterday evening when I was in the middle of cooking dinner - they asked me if they could phone me back later on in the evening

No way!

I make it my priority of avoiding these companies. Perhaps they could save money and invest it into providing better customer service so that when I do call them I don't have to wait hours and I can actually speak to a human in the same country.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
My home is my haven. I hate the advertising I have to put up with now.

All I can say is hella no Google, why do I need my fridge to have internet access anyway?

Is it going to twitter about last weeks chinese take out that s going mouldy at the back of it? What about my washing machine, will it updare its facebook status when it finally admits its hiding my left socks?

Seriously, technology is going too far now. They are trying to turn virtual into actual reality

edit on 22-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

join