It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch a House Democrat Absolutely Unload on VA Officials: ‘They Told a Damn Lie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In respect to this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rep Scott of Ga. rips them a new one!

Rep. David Scott (D-Ga.) on Wednesday unloaded on the Obama administration for failing to come clean on the Veterans’ Affairs healthcare scandal, and accused VA officials of lying directly to members of Congress earlier this year.

Scott said he was in his home state of Georgia to discuss a wave of soldiers taking their own lives while in the hospital. He said he and Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Jeff Miller (R-Fla.) asked if there were any others, and were told no.

“And they told a damn lie!” Scott bellowed in an emotional speech. “The very next day it was exposed there was another soldier that committed suicide, and they covered it up!”

www.theblaze.com...
edit on 21-5-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Nice, this scandal is becoming non-partisan. Obama won't be able to sweep this under the rug through his usual tactics of deny knowledge, act "mad as hell" for a while, drag feet, do nothing, have Holder not prosecute anyone, wait a few months, convince media it is a non-issue now, then belittle anyone who "won't let it go."

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Rep. Scott of Ga. is a democrat.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Exactly. It's not just the Republicans that are complaining about it, Democrats are joining in as well. Hence why I used the term "non-partisan." What did you think I was talking about?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There have been so many scandals in the past couple of years, I wonder which one will finally piss the American people off enough to impeach him.

It is really sad for all those being affected by these scandals, but at least it is slowing down any "progress" this administration is having with their agenda.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
More from the story...

Scott also blasted President Barack Obama’s speech on Wednesday, in which Obama said he wants to wait for more reporting about problems at the VA before acting.

“I listened to the President today, and I was very disappointed with President Obama today,” he said. “There was no urgency. Mr. President, we need urgency, we need you to roll up our sleeves and get into these hospitals!”

So 0bama wants to "wait" ?

There's no "urgency" ?

All we kept hearing from 0bama during the PPACA debate was people need "Access To" healthcare !!!

"Access To"

"Access To"

"Access To"

Obviously 0bama has other plans for the VA because he did nothing about the problems.

*What* is the question.

here's some info about PPACA and the VA.... (notice the "Access To" line again)

Protecting access to quality, affordable health care that veterans, service members, and their families have now

 Preserving VA Health Care

> The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will not impact VA health care. Veterans eligible for VA health care will remain eligible under health reform; nothing in the proposed legislation will affect veterans’ access to the care that they currently are receiving. The legislation makes clear that the Department of Veterans Affairs will retain full authority over the VA health care system.

How the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Will Help Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen I am sure that Obama is just as worried about the care that non veterans will get through the ACA.
Scary, ain't it???

edit on bu312014-05-21T14:44:51-05:0002America/ChicagoWed, 21 May 2014 14:44:51 -05002u14 by butcherguy because: I missed an 'A'.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Now, that was an HONEST ... "I'm Mad as He11 !!!'".

OBSERVATION: The DEMs (who are NOT-100%-Progressive) are Seeing-n-Getting BUCKETS-of-COLD-WATER DUMP'd on them.

OPINION: Rep Scott of GA is a ... KEEPER (and/or isn't going to have a problem being reelected ).

-
ON ANOTHER (Health-Care) NOTE:
Twenty states throw support behind lawsuit aimed at overturning Obamacare

The brief, filed May 15 by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott and endorsed by another 19 attorneys general, comes in support of a lawsuit filed by Dr. Steven Hotze of Houston, Texas, now before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
. . .
The other 19 states represented in the Hotze brief are:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah and West Virginia.

edit on 21-5-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One "good" thing about Congressman David Scott is that he is *NOT* a member of the Democratic Progressive Caucus.

In fact he is a member of the Blue Dog Coalition.

Those guys are a bit more conservative (but not much).

Scott still however votes along the "Pelosi" lines many times.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Let's SUSPECT:

The VA SCANDAL is ... Forcing? many Democrats to RETHINK what they've been doing.

-
OBSERVATION: The "Chorus?" is ... SINGING !!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Good to see theres still elected people willing to fight for whats right.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

"Access To"

"Access To"

"Access To"

The semantics are more important than most people realize (maybe not so much so here at ATS).

A few years back, I hosted then Secretary of the VA James Peak in my conference room. After the briefing, I watched in embarrassment as one of my friends got his ass chewed off, because he used 'one' objectionable word during his presentation. I never did 'get it' ... but I've never claimed to be all that smart. My only take-away was, "Words matter."

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Nice, this scandal is becoming non-partisan. Obama won't be able to sweep this under the rug through his usual tactics of deny knowledge, act "mad as hell" for a while, drag feet, do nothing, have Holder not prosecute anyone, wait a few months, convince media it is a non-issue now, then belittle anyone who "won't let it go."

And, yet...As of this afternoon's press conference, that's EXACTLY what Obama is fixin' to do!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

Let's SUSPECT:

The VA SCANDAL is ... Forcing? many Democrats to RETHINK what they've been doing.

-
OBSERVATION: The "Chorus?" is ... SINGING !!!

A Couple of EXAMPLES of (some) more ... "SINGING !!!" :

CNN Reporter Shocked by Obama’s Disconnect on VA Scandal

CNN Panel: VA Could Become 'Runaway Political Crisis'

-
NOTE: The Common-Denominator = "CNN" !!!
edit on 21-5-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

One "good" thing about Congressman David Scott is that he is *NOT* a member of the Democratic Progressive Caucus.

In fact he is a member of the Blue Dog Coalition.

Those guys are a bit more conservative (but not much).

I just watched a TV clip of Our Lord and Master Obama. making an emotional speech on the VA Scandal. He pursed his angry widdle lips and firmly stated..."I'm going to get to the bottom of this, and hold those in the wrong accountable...PERIOD!"

There he goes, using that word that got him in so much trouble before *PERIOD!*. He doesn't learn, does he...

Since he used that word, I'm convinced what he said was another bold faced...lie.

Des

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
I just watched a TV clip of Our Lord and Master Obama. making an emotional speech on the VA Scandal. He pursed his angry widdle lips and firmly stated..."I'm going to get to the bottom of this, and hold those in the wrong accountable...PERIOD!"

There he goes, using that word that got him in so much trouble before *PERIOD!*. He doesn't learn, does he...

Since he used that word, I'm convinced what he said was another bold faced...lie.

Des

So ... you are One of the people who Get the message when it's being delivered. He Knows Exactly what he's doing when he talks.

The person responsible for this is Shinseki. Obama had every opportunity now to fire him ... and he didn't.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

"I'm going to get to the bottom of this, and hold those in the wrong accountable...PERIOD!"

LOL

He's been "at the bottom" for years !!

.Period.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
He got to the bottom of it, since he is knee deep in the whole mess. He is on the short list for worst president ever.

new topics

top topics

join