It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do you wake up and whats your usual morning routine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I was planning to start waking up early in the morning at 5 am and wanted to know when folks here in ATS usually wake up and whats the usual morning routine ?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I usually get up around 6am...get a cup of coffee...feed the cat...read the newspaper...exercise...then shower, dress and go on with the rest of my day.

What is your usual morning routine? You want to know ours...I want to know what yours is.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I usually get up around 6am...get a cup of coffee...feed the cat...read the newspaper...exercise...then shower, dress and go on with the rest of my day.

What is your usual morning routine? You want to know ours...I want to know what yours is.

Its Embarrassing... wake up at 9:00 sometimes 9:30 , shower, breakfast and then go to work .. after getting back from work i often end up stuck in the computer till 3 am(addiction) until i sleep ..

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Cussing because I cannot find my wallet ,car keys , hat . On my off season coffee and more coffee ats more coffee .... did I mention coffee ( sipping coffee now )

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

Its Embarrassing... wake up at 9:00 sometimes 9:30 , shower, breakfast and then go to work .. after getting back from work i often end up stuck in the computer till 3 am(addiction) until i sleep ..

I suggest getting out more and getting involved with other things. I volunteer myself and bring food to those in need...I am going to join a poetry club...also I go out to coffee with friends...or invite them over for a meal and a movie.

Perhaps you could invite a friend out for a walk and a cup of coffee after...I think in this day and age of technology it is important to have (in person) events with those we care about...see them (face to face).

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Between 5 and 6 am, and by the end of the week I can't wait for some respite.

I'm not a morning person, but work gets the better of me.

Oh and the routine is usually, get up, showered, dressed, feed cat, eat breakfast, chuck cat outside and out the door, all before 6.45.
edit on 21-5-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Have to wake up at 5:30 and be out the door at 6 am.
Grab a chai tea,log on my computer and at about 9am I get eggs and bacon.
(this morning I ate leftover Chinese food)

Let me ask this?
How many pet names do you get in the morning?

I get "sweetheart" when I buy my tea and "honey" when I get my breakfast,"boss" when I hit the corner store and when I talk to my boss he calls me "guy."

How bout you?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm working on moving my wake-up times earlier as well; in two months I've managed to get it from 2pm to 10am. I'm a raging night-owl, so it was a slow and somewhat difficult journey of tired days and my alarm clock for a sidekick.
That said, my morning routine isn't exactly what you'd call optimal. It's not like walking outside first thing ever really helped to begin with. So I mostly try to take it easy. I turn off the blaring radio pop music static, take my morning medicine, and make my coffee. Then I sit and peruse the Internet in my nightclothes. If we're going anywhere later on, I get dressed. And that's it.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wake up at 6:25am with, or without the alarm. Make a pot of coffee for the wife (I don't drink it) take a bit of personal time in a little room while catching up with ATS and world news, stand up cussing after one of my legs fell asleep, bring wife coffee, accept verbal abuse of how I physically abused her while sleeping. (flop too much) Take shower, get dressed, irritate the dog until she gets her lazy but off the couch to go out, then go to work.

On weekends I put some rum chatta in her coffee and she skips the verbal abuse. That makes her smile.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well thanks for asking.

I have no choice of when I wake up to start my day. My two dogs, both terriers, demand attention at precisely 5:30 am.
I accompany them outside and start my morning ritual with praise to the Great Spirit for allowing me another day to enjoy this beautiful planet. Next a bodily cleansing with Dr Bonner's soap and water, breakfast of coffee or tea and leftovers from Dinner, usually Mexican food.

Time to make a decision of whether to go into town to my office or work from home. I love technology!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
awaken, start coffee,let dogs out,feed chickens,get dogs in,drink coffee while browsing the new posts on ats.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I get up about 7. Turn the news on, get the coffee pot going then start to wake up my son. I make my coffee and try to get at least half of it down. After that is when the chaos starts. My younger son wakes up crying he is hungry give my eldest his last call and give him his clothes rushing him so he doesn't miss the bus. I go to make another cup of coffee and during those few seconds the two of them some how end up changing the t.v. from the news to cartoons and end up fighting over what to watch. The fighting wakes up my daughter who also ends up crying because her beauty rest was interrupted or I manage to get them quiet quick enough to not wake her and then rush my oldest out the door. The bus comes breakfast is made, kids get fed and I finish my pot of coffee up trying to wake enough to function properly the rest of the day. Everything runs pretty smooth after that until the dinner/bedtime rush.

You'd think I would have started getting up earlier and come up with a better schedule to avoid all that huh?
Thank goodness summer break is almost here! Just 2 more days!

ETA: I should note that this all happens in 45 minutes to an hour.
edit on 21-5-2014 by winterf because: Add note

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm not a morning person, I greatly prefer the night's sky to the blue one. I don't have a set time to get up, I sleep until my body feels rested enough to get up. Thus, the length of sleep can vary greatly for me (CFS/ME) When I get up, first things first -- blindly stumbling to the bathroom. Then coffee gets made, and if kids are up with me, so does breakfast. Otherwise, I don't bother, eating too soon after I wake makes me nauseous, I generally wait 2 or 3 hours. Then feed the animals, clean up whatever still needs cleaned up, or organized, take trash & recyclables out, print out school work if need be it (we homeschool) And a healthy helping of the internet scattered throughout it all.
I don't shower in the mornings, it makes no sense to me to go to bed dirty at night. I always shower prior to bed.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well this Is my usual morning work routine.(as long as I wake up in time :p)

6:30A.M. Wake up, eat, watch one or two commentated chess games to get my mind going, check new topics on ats,shower, then it's off to work!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I wake up at 4:30 am Monday-Friday. I eat breakfast, shower, wake my youngest up at 5:00 (simply because she is impossible to get going), put on my makeup, do my hair, wake my middle son up at 5:30, get dressed, make lunches and we are out the door by 6:15. First child is dropped off at 6:40, second child is dropped off at 6:50. By the time I get to work I am exhausted...lol

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Geez nobody poops or pee's before they start their day?
Firepiston

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
4:45am
Go outside drink coffee and smoke cigarettes for 45 minutes.

Shower, get dressed, then get the kids ready for school.

Then off to work.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i wake at 7:30, get up to shower at 9, leave the hosue by 9:30, at work by 9:45. It is like clockwork everyday. Even when I work on Saturdays.

I may leave the office as early as 3pm or as late as 3am. It depends on the nature of the work i need to do. If i am doing my CFO work i need the quiet of home to concentrate. If i am doing the COO stuff i need to be on site to guide/direct.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Up by 5AM. Walk the dog if I'm feeling up to it. When I get back - raise the shades; feed the fish; feed the dog; eat my own breakfast; say 'later' to my husband as he goes off to work; engage in whatever chores/activities I have planned for the day.

ETA .. I should say .. NO ALARM. I'm almost always awake by 5AM. No later.
edit on 5/21/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I get up at 5 (no alarm) and get coffee and join my husband on the sunporch and talk...
5:45 - feed the dogs.
Exercise
Check ATS

6:45 - Walk the dogs
Start my day with chores (between which I check ATS)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join