It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Iranians Arrested for being 'Happy' to Pharrell Williams Song

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
I work with an Iranian man, he says this article is complete bull#.

Then he's either ignorant or he's a liar. Pick one or the other. This happened. It's very clear. Everyone from the Iranian president to the Iranian State TV itself to Al Jazeera to CNN to BBC to human rights groups ... they all agree ... it happened.

So the guy you work with ...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I actually think it's compelling evidence of exactly the opposite, these kids from Iran are exactly like you or us and are happily dancing to their favourite pop tune. I watched an excellent BBC documentary showing the culture of the youth in Tehran and you would have thought it was a documentary about the west, they dressed like us, listened to our music and Iran has a higher percentage of people getting plastic surgery than the U.S. so they have an unhealthy obsession on appearance as well.
They just need to get rid of the oppressive regime and they might have a bright future.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aarcadius
if America wants its people acting stupid dancing like drowning hippos that's their business but they should keep their nose out of other countries business...

1 - 'Happy dancing' isn't 'acting lke stupid drowning hippos'. Get real.

2 - Everyone around the world has posted 'Happy dancing' videos. It's not an American thing ... it's an everyone thing.

3 - 'America' never pushed itself in Iran on this. Iranian youth did it themselves .. and had fun doing it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Traffic police regulate Iran's dress code

And yes, the students, the people have been speaking out I'd say.

Street Dance front of police in Iran رقص جلوی پلیس ایران.mp4

They're FREE.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Protest against fake elections TEHRAN IRAN 13 June 2009 17:45 PM

They're Free!

7 Women - Stories from Iran - Documentary

The fascist cia backed system won't stop at anything.

Iran's female ninjas in training

The ex female judge, who speaks up for what happened very well.

Shirin Ebadi: Discriminatory laws against women are inconsistant with Iran's culture

observers.france24.com...
Dancing to defy the Iranian regime

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

I'm glad you came to say it. This has nothing to do with being happy or exercising their emotions and interests in a particular type of music. This is law. It may not be the same laws we have in our country but we have some pretty ridiculous ones as well that I'm sure, putting the shoe on the other foot, people in America would be all supportive over.

Don't fall into the distraction and lie that this story is.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

I watched an excellent BBC documentary showing the culture of the youth in Tehran

Do you perchance have a link to that?

I'd like to see it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: FlyersFan

I wonder what would happen to these young people if they were North Koreans let alone Iranian. Can't young people express themselves nowadays and be happy for goodness sakes.

Makes me sick that they were arrested for just making a video. Shame on 'police' in Iran.

Bally

this country is run by Islamic sociopaths....I wouldn't expect anything better, and I don't know why anyone else would either....it always amazes me how much the American people and the American government get hammered on this website, and yet these strict Islamic governments treat their own citizens this way, and everybody is so damn scared to call them out on it

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No. It really happened. It's very clear.
The tweet on Hassan Rouhani @HassanRouhani is a quote (of himself) from a year ago,

""#Happiness is our people's right. We shouldn't be too hard on behaviors caused by joy." 29/6/2013
and doesn't specifically say anything about anyone being released.
The other video you linked to is the same thing as in the original video.
It is still only coming from the same source as those earlier articles.
I have yet to see anything that is provably actually from Iran.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Where is KEvin bacon in this situation? HE should speak out on this situation as well. Is it bad for them to get footloose? LOL yeah i went there.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
I have yet to see anything that is provably actually from Iran.

So Al Jazeera is lying? So Irans' State Run TV .. I showed the clips ... is lying?
yeah ... okay ... enjoy the denial. WOW.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Sure, here it is.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So Al Jazeera is lying? So Irans' State Run TV .. I showed the clips ... is lying?
Al Jazeera is anti-Shiite.
Could you give a link to an actual video from Iran, rather than CNN just saying there is a bit in the video that is from Iran TV?

yeah ... okay ... enjoy the denial. WOW.
Enjoy the credulity.

Edit to add: looking at the Al Jazeera web site and searching the "Iran" related articles, the story in question does not come up.
My guess is that Al Jazeera was willing, at the request of their government sponsors, to dedicate a throwaway article to lend credibility to it where there can be a reference to it, but they are not promoting it in a predominate way because they don't want to sacrifice their own credibility.
I think it is a concession to Netanyahu for his not authorizing new settlement construction, that there will be a gov. sponsored disinformation campaign against Iran, using their controlled media outlets.
edit on 22-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Didnt Irans own press tv have this story?

happy link

I searched Press TV's site but its already been taken down or sanitized.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I searched Press TV's site but its already been taken down or sanitized.
How do you know that there ever was a story on that network?
Supposedly there was a TV news coverage but the only evidence of it is in the actual video by the people making the claim.
To me the video is ridiculous because there is no context.
You never see the actors and the police in the same shot.
You see a reporter looking dude talking to someone who has his back to the camera, that may or may not be one of the actors.

When I was looking at the Al Jazeera site yesterday, one of the recent stories was on how Iran blocks YouTube, so I don't know how they could have put up a video or anyone in that country watch it.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Just finished watching this. My eyes have been opened. I appreciate you posting it.
Wow.

I think it deserves its own thread.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

I see you didnt read the link i posted then. It even says in the article HOW THEY USE PROXIES TO BYPASS THE BLOCKS ON YOUTUBE. It also has their being tricked in it as well. SO go back read the linked story Then come back and post about it.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I see you didnt read the link i posted then. It even says in the article HOW THEY USE PROXIES TO BYPASS THE BLOCKS ON YOUTUBE. It also has their being tricked in it as well. SO go back read the linked story Then come back and post about it.
I scanned it.
I was looking for anything that substantiated it, not interested in more claims.
It's just more after the fact scheming.
edit on 23-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

edit on 23-5-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wow.. wow.. This is what it's like over there? Thank god I was born here, as screwed up as our government may be. I'd end up killing myself over there from oppression. And let me guess.. these 'values' they impose are religious in nature.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join