It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Insider: Former Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Bertone Embezzlement Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Pope Francis ... still cleaning house. Now he's after the former #2 guy at the Vatican ... Cardinal Bertone (was on the 'short list' for possible popes this last time around ... according to 'experts'). Seems Cardinal Bertone MAY have embezzled 15 million Euros from Vatican accounts. He was going to use them for a TV production company called Lux Vide which is run by a 93 year old male friend of his. I should say - allegedly the Cardinal embezzled to invest in his friends business. ALLEGEDLY. (it's still under investigation) The Vatican first denied that they have launched an investigation. But now they say it's true, they are investigating. It'll take a bit for the Vatican old guard to catch up with Pope Francis cleaning house and admitting when things are going on inside the Vatican.

Folks will say ... 'so what'. But really, this is a big deal. The Vatican, as a country, possibly has it's #2 guy embezzling multi-millions in state funds and investing them with a friend. And the Vatican Bank is involved. (of course). That would be like Joe Biden skimming ten million dollars from Fort Knox (if there was any $$ there) and investing it in a friends chemical business here in Delaware. Something like that.

And it's a big deal in the religion aspect as well. This fella was 'papable' and was on the experts short list for pope this time around. So in that aspect it's a big deal for the Catholic church as a whole.

Vatican Insider - Vatican Launches Internal Investigation Into Cardinal Bertone Possible Embezzlement

The Vatican has apparently launched an investigation into former Secretary of State, Tarcisio Bertone, who has been accused of embezzlement. This is according to German tabloid Bild, which claims that the cardinal is suspected of embezzling 15 million Euros from Vatican accounts. The newspaper quotes unofficial Vatican sources.

The sum of money Tarcisio Bertone is said to have embezzled was apparently intended for a television production company Lux Vide, which the former Vatican Secretary of State has links with, Bild says. Today the newspaper also revealed that the Vatican is investigating the cardinal for embezzling 15 million Euros. The operation allegedly took place “in December 2012 through a convertible bond.” The transaction apparently went ahead despite resistance from the Vatican bank and under pressure from Bertone.

Information on Cardinal Bertone
Former Secretary of State for the Vatican. Was basically the #2 guy, with the pope being #1. He's been a cardinal since 2003 (11 years) and Secretary of State from 2006 - 2013.

Gazzetta Del Sud - Italy - Italian Prosecutors Examine Vatican Lux Vide Operations

Financial operations allegedly involving the Vatican's former secretary of state Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone have fallen under the lens of Roman prosecutors and Italian finance police after the Vatican on Tuesday denied a news report that the cardinal was under investigation by Vatican prosecutors for alleged embezzlement.

Rome investigators have "monitored" a number of operations involving the Italian production company Lux Vide, owned by former head of RAI State TV Ettore Bernabei, 93, a veteran producer friend of the 79-year-old cardinal. Those controls fell under a larger probe into the Vatican bank, known as the Institute for the Works of Religion (IOR), regarding suspected violations of anti-money laundering norms.

edit on 5/21/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Oh those frisky cardinals.....never a dull moment.....when in history has any other church offered up such hypocritical entertainment?
I await the great Vatican dope scandal next....

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

I think you missed it ...
Cocaine filled Condoms Sent to Vatican

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: stirling

I think you missed it ...
Cocaine filled Condoms Sent to Vatican

Just only one was sent and then they even had a lottery for that.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You mean people who get their money for nothing and their chics for free are misusing the vast piles of money that they get naïve people to give them????????? I don't believe it!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm not religious, i do not believe in god; But i love Papa Francisco!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The Pope seems to be trying to mitigate corruption at the top....
Reminds me of another guy who tried to do that decades ago....
Rest in peace, JFK.

new topics

top topics

join