It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Elections

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well, it's here, the European Elections!

Who will you be voting for?

I can tell you i won't be voting for Labour, Tory or Lib Dems. I will be voting UKIP. I, along with many others are sick to death with the out of touch Political Establishment at Westminster. You could say my vote is more of a Protest vote as i don't subscribe to all of what UKIP stand for. Although, i would be lying if i said issues like the EU and Immigration weren't an issue for me and others.

The EU, EC and its Unelected President have to much power over Nations in Europe. Its time to bring back power to Nations in Europe. I also feel uncomfortable with the salty expansion into Ukraine!

Having Open Door Immigration to poor Nations within Europe while the UK has 900,000 young unemployed is Crazy! We have to have the power to control our OWN doors, give me one good reason why we shouldn't?

Get out and Vote! Send a Message to the Political AND Media Establishment! With UKIP toping the polls, this is the best time to do it.

......unless your content with what you have at the moment?
edit on 21-5-2014 by TSOM87 because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87

Are you --- are you people even in the EU? I thought that with all this "don't touch our big bank business with your greedy taxes!!" that you seceded (or even never were in, but were loud about it anyway) the EU long ago..

Anyway, back on topic: UKIP is a bad joke, try at least a party the rest of Europe hasn't laughed about - maybe because they were so unknown. The UKIP is like some of our own bad, stupid far-right-wing parties (NPD, I am looking at you!), and their own people are pathetic "Stammtischwähler" - barroom clichés at its worst.

-.... How about... *WHAT* I just looked at UK's 2009 results.. UKIP = 16%... Okay, go vote for anything else.. Sinn Fein. Mebyon Kernow (whatever THAT is), even NO2EU.. Please, okay?

edit on 21-5-2014 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2014 by ManFromEurope because: Grammar, my old fiend! Me meet again!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I also am going with a protest vote in my country, i am sick of the system as it is. Easy labor mobility has caused rip offs of country´s welthware system. " Immigrants" 6 months period of working in our country and moving back to theirs and the country who offered the job for six months pays childcare, unemployment benefits and home care support to this person and his/her spouse in other country for 3 years. Its easy well paid money for those who comes from country where is low income for a short time of labor and system has been abused. This can´t be right.

Now i have to think which party i am going to vote for, not the right wing, not the social democrats and not the green party ( they are big culprits in this mess ), not the center party ( same BS) so i have to go either with populist party True Finns or Pirate Party ( i don´t really like the true finns but the fact that they are against EU to their core, i know they won´t bend easily, i don´t really like Pirate party either but same as true finns they will fight back )

its a sad sad Europe.. isn´t it

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's a pity you can't vote "For none of the above" and draw a dickbutt on the paper

The problem is that all the local candidates seem much of the same so why bother when you know they'll do totally the opposite to what they promise and won't even return to this country until its voting time again

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Are you --- are you people even in the EU?

LoL

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm not voting Ukip, not because I think they're racist, but because they want to privatise the NHS. Why would I vote for a party that wants to take away my life line? I'm not voting for a party more right wing than the current lot. In all fairness the Tories and Lib Dems aren't doing a terrible job between them. Things could be a lot worse.

If I feel well enough to vote, I'll vote Green. Though if you want out of Europe, the only party that can realistically bring about a referendum is the Conservatives not UKIP. So what's the point in voting UKIP?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
UKIP are a joke to be honest...
All they talk about is immigration!!!

I watched Nigel Farage on Question Time and he tried to link non related questions back to immigration, they're a broken record!!!

Not to mock your protest vote but they don't even show up to vote in European Council as their own little protest... & our taxes pay them to play the game but they refuse!!!

Go for someone worth a vote if it's protest, are Respect or Sinn Fein on the ballot???
They'd get my protest vote, Labour at a push!!!

S&F!!!
Peace!!!
edit on 21-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Not voting will just keep the same old parties in Power for another 5 years, i don't want that. You vote the same you'll get the same. We all know UKIP want to give the EU a good kicking.....thats good enough for me! Lets vote people into power that want to change the status quo and bring power back home!

1975 was the last time anybody got the chance to vote on the EU!.......1975!!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

You won't change anything voting Green into Europe. Unless your for more green taxes? Voting UKIP is chance to send a message not only to Westminister but the EU.

2017 is not good enough.....

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

...because Immigration is an issue affecting not only jobs in the UK, but Crime, Houseing, NHS and Schools. Why shouldn't we control our own Borders? It's an issue no other party was willing to deal with untill UKIP stated growing in the Polls.

Voting in Respect or Sinn Fein vote change anything. You coulnd't pay me to vote for Sinn Fein!

edit on 21-5-2014 by TSOM87 because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Well, the 16% of 2009 didn't change anything so far.

The only thing the UKIP-voters achieved was to make some UKIP-"politicians" happy recipiants of those high salaries paid for by us all - yay!

Don't. vote those didiots. Wasted vote. Borders and immigration WERE on the agenda of bigger parties, but UKIP was the loudest (and most cliché).

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

No fair play I'm not into converting people to religion or my political spectrum that's down to others to decide...
I do see UKIP as a wasted vote though...

If they try to get us out of Europe, the downsides are immense!!!
I'd like a referendum, but I'd vote for EU contribution...

If we can't decide our laws when the referendum comes then I'll vote out, but as long as we have the Lords we have a say in our own laws & legislation!!!

As for immigration...
How will that fair when emigration is also cut out of the equation...
Millions of ex pats in the EU as well as people coming here!!!
You can go to hospital in an emergency anywhere in the EU and not pay a penny!!!

Should there be limitations on immigration, definitely, but all parties are looking into that, not just UKIP, the numbers have to be right!!!
But Mr.Farage's immigrant wife is his secretary, and he couldn't adequately answer why someone British isn't doing the job...
IMO he just wants the British Empire back... He doesn't care about the common man!!!

Like I said I'm not here to convert people, just to help them see all sides of the dice!!!

Peace TS!!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

At least my beliefs align more with the greens than UKIP. I try not to vote against my self interest. No matter how selfish that may sound.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Well that was 2009 and that was 16%....the Climate in Europe has changed alot since then.

....and you know what? UKIP politicians would be Happy as Larry if the EU and its Salaries ended tomorrow!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
UKIP.

Wouldn't vote for them in a General Election but its time we sent the major parties a message - we demand to be listened to.

The UK needs and open and honest debate on continued membership of the EU
We signed up to a free trade agreement and not political union - the transfer of sovereignty to the EU has been illegal.

Many people have genuine concerns about the continued open door immigration policies of successive UK governments.
Again this is a debate the country needs quite urgently.

It has been noticeable in the last few weeks that MSM has gone into overdrive trying to discredit UKIP and brand them and all their supporters as 'racist' - its nonsense.
The major political parties are terrified of losing control of the current amoral and corrupt system that they exploit to the full.
They have succeeded in convincing people that they are the only option and that we must accept what they decide - bollocks - its time we showed them that they must listen to the people.
And whether the PC brigade wish to acknowledge it or the truth is that immigration and the EU are two issues that an ever increasing number of British people have real and genuine concerns over.

Labour, Conservatives, Lib-Dems have all failed this country and its people.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Go for someone worth a vote if it's protest, are Respect or Sinn Fein on the ballot???

Sinn Fein?
Really?

Murdering terrorists are somehow more acceptable than UKIP?

Sorry, don't quite follow the logic there.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

"
"
"Sinn Fein Is A Legitimate Political Party!!!"

Personally... I'd say freedom fighters not terrorists...
This is after all a Party linked with the freedom fighting provisional IRA, who signed the Peace Agreement, who never targeted civilians...
Unlike the real IRA or any other disbanded group of terrorists with IRA in their name!!!

Peace Freeborn!!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The Provo's killed lots of 'innocent civilians' - go check up.

Freedom fighter?

The majority of people in Northern Ireland, of both sides, wish to remain part of the UK - murdering, terrorist scumbags.
McGuiness and Adams are both generally accepted as being active within the IRA at certain times and of being complicit in the murders of people.

As well as murdering people the IRA were also nothing more than racketeering shysters who controlled their areas with ruthless barbarity. They ran protection rackets and were actively involved in gun smuggling, armed robbery, extortion and ran and controlled the drug trade. Just as Loyalist terrorists did in their areas.
Sin Fein supported this.

I accept that for peace to be achieved in Northern Ireland we must be prepared to let bygones be bygones and move forward but I for one certainly could never vote for murdering terrorists, of any sort.

And how would Sinn Fein, who aren't even standing in any mainland constituency, be a protest vote?
No-one in England, Scotland or Wales could vote for them even in the highly unlikely event they ever wanted to.

I hope this discussion doesn't derail the tread - please start a thread on the merits of Sinn Fein, IRA, INLA, UDA, UVF, UFF or any other murdering, terrorist piece of crap and I'll gladly contribute.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
If they try to get us out of Europe, the downsides are immense!!!

I believe they said the same about not joining the EURO. Classic Scaremongering! There is no reason why the UK can't flurish outside the EU. We can still trade with Europe, we can trade with Everyone! Why do we need to be part of a Political Union to do this?

If we can't decide our laws when the referendum comes then I'll vote out, but as long as we have the Lords we have a say in our own laws & legislation!!!

What about not controlling our own borders? What about the Green taxes that are imposed on British buinesses by the EU? I never got a vote on these? That should be enough for anyone to get off their bum and shout for a Referendum.

How will that fair when emigration is also cut out of the equation...
Millions of ex pats in the EU as well as people coming here!!!
You can go to hospital in an emergency anywhere in the EU and not pay a penny!!!

UKIP want immigration powers brought back to the UK. They want to have a Immigration system like Australia. Ex-pats who have duel nationality wouldn't have a problem. Unless they gave up their British Passport.

Do you need to be part of a Political Union to have the benefit of not paying a penny when in hospitals around Europe? I am sure it could be done another way! Anyway am sure half of the 50 Million a day we contribute to the EU is paying for it i.e our tax!

Should there be limitations on immigration, definitely, but all parties are looking into that, not just UKIP, the numbers have to be right!!!

All partys(apart from UKIP) want to be part of the EU. You can't be part of the EU and have control over your own borders. We won't sort out the mess we have untill we have the power of our Borders back!

If, say, 10,000 Spanish or Polish or German people wanted to come to the UK tomorrow, to settle here, do you think we have the powers to control that? Or in otherwords say No, we are full at this time? Let me tell you something......the answer wouldn't surprise anyone voting UKIP!

But Mr.Farage's immigrant wife is his secretary, and he couldn't adequately answer why someone British isn't doing the job...

I think there's a difference between hiring your wife as your personal secretary and British Businesses ganing from Cheep Labour from Eastern Europe, while 900,000 young people are unemployed.

He doesn't care about the common man!!!

If thats the case then why does he want to end high Immigration thats affecting the Unemployed Working Class and end Green Taxes from the EU, that are affecting British Businesses, big and small?

Youll find out that its the ''Common man'' thats pulling UKIP up the Polls.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Well, good luck on your crusade for Freedom and Democracy. I am sure you'll get there............................one day!

<<   2  3 >>

join