It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The innocence of children

page: 1

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:03 AM
My neighbor was taking his 3 year old son and their dog to the park yesterday afternoon. He buckled his son in for the ride, started the car, and then got his son's favorite CD out of the console compartment. The radio came on, and was tuned to a channel that features a lot of political talk shows. In the 10 seconds or so that went by while he was getting the CD, a man on the talk show said: "There they go again, playing the race card."

My friend's son heard it and asked his dad: "Oh!!! They're playing with race cars?"

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:16 AM
Lmao.. thats cute .. kids come up with some funny things ..

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:08 AM
a reply to: ColeYounger

Before children become programmable with memes, they have a rare wisdom. Listen to them. There is much to be learned (unlearned) by adults.

Racism is a meme. It isn't a person or persons. It's a meme with generic attributes that people adopt. The meme is simplistic, refined and idealized so it minimizes critical thought. It's way too much energy to properly grasp the complexity of individual people. Much harder for some.

Race memes have little to do with actual people. Actual people are complex and by their nature, defy generalizations. That's why even a staunch racist can totally change by just getting to know a small number of people that contradict the meme.

Before children are programmable, it's impossible for them to be racist. Once an adult fully understands the nature of memes racism can be seen for what it is. A blunt tool with little practical value.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:21 AM
a reply to: ColeYounger

Starred! [I will Flag asap!]

Well a fellow ATS member posted this in the Rants forums only a few days ago ...

Some Races Should Be Illegal!

... and that thread strangely seems to cover a similar pattern, but not so innocently!

edit on 21/5/1414 by petrockopera because: Edited to fix grammar.

new topics

top topics