It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I try to keep out the ugly from my mind.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't want to let ugly things fully enter my mind. Why? because they torture me.
Here near Vancouver, there is the story that a dog care company had an employee claim her 6 entrusted dogs were stolen in the van while she was briefly doing something.

It turns out the dogs fried to death in the heat, windows up, while the stupid person without a heart and without a brain did whatever. She dumped the dogs in a ditch after finding them dead.

This time I didn't manage to keep the ugly from my mind. I sometimes hate this world.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I agree, this crime is unforgivable. The only thing worse is to leave a child alone to die. Unfortunately as we enter the summer season we will see to many stories of this happening across the world. I have no problem busting a window or two when I see dogs left in hot cars.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I try to keep the ugly out, too. And I seem to do this successfully for several months at a time. But then I start getting that itch in the back of my mind that brings me back to this forum (and others) and I'm reminded all over again just how terrible and ugly the world is. I keep hoping that our species will annihilate itself into oblivion, but something tells me that's not going to happen any time soon. So for now, I just try to keep a positive outlook on things as best as I can while blocking out the bad. It's not a good habit, I know. But after so much exposure to bad stuff, you just go numb after a while. And I don't like feeling of becoming apathetic.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

That is an ugly story.

People too often 'believe' their pets are independent and can take care of themselves. They're not wild animals and it is only the rarest exceptions which could possibly survive and thrive on their own. People have to show the same responsibilities in caring for their animal companions as a parent does when caring for a child beyond the range of 'toddler.' Too bad some people are just too dumb to get it.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Broke my heart when i saw it this morning, they where saying she lied because of the shame, i cant find any inch of pity for that person.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Horrible story about the dogs.
I try to keep the ugly out of my mind too. But I can't seem to keep this one out.
Its 2014 , 18,000 kids die every day because they starve. That suxs.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Don't you risk getting a rather one-sided picture of life? Besides having to make a lot of unnecessary aesthetic judgements?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I sometimes hate this world.

The older I get .. the more I do too. It's very easy to let all the evil and ugly take over your mind. Especially for those of us who get tend to get melancholy. And when people say 'life is good' .. it's usually those who are eating well and who are healthy. Like you, I have to look away or it eats at me ...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I don't want to let ugly things fully enter my mind. Why? because they torture me.

Then I might suggest not spending a lot of time on ATS, because this place is the epitome of negativity.

I think I will take my own advice and go ride my bicycle, go fishing or sit around Starbucks all day making friends.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And when people say 'life is good' .. it's usually those who are eating well and who are healthy.

No-one who is suffering should be expected to chirp like Pollyanna, but almost everyone has experienced the bad side at some time or other. The thing about life is that it's good and it's awful. One doesn't wipe out the other.

new topics

top topics

join