It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant NASA soho manipulation, incredible image covered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I recently found this video showing some recent images taken from soho and the guys at secureteam have stumbled upon something very interesting. They record the images all the time and found what looked like pixelation on the image and after looking back at their own recorded footage they found what looks like a craft of some kind with with a v of lights.

m.youtube.com...

I don't know how this one can be explained but I'm sure someone will wade in!

October

Mod Edit-- Secureteam10 are a known group who tend to put out less than credible information. There are many threads regarding their 'findings' in the HOAX bin already. This is not a reflection of the OP attempting to hoax to ATS community.

edit on 5/21/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: October

This is because we lose a certain percentage of the data coming down from the spacecraft. In LASCO such losses appear as square blocks in the image. The software which puts the images up on the web will fill in these blocks from the last good image, and if there's a cosmic ray in that block from the previous image, it will appear in this image as well. The way to check for this is to look at the raw data files, which are also available on the web through the SOHO catalog interface.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "V" is a cosmic ray strike. Also commonly seen.

edit on 5/20/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: October
I recently found this video showing some recent images taken from soho and the guys at secureteam have stumbled upon something very interesting. They record the images all the time and found what looked like pixelation on the image and after looking back at their own recorded footage they found what looks like a craft of some kind with with a v of lights.

m.youtube.com...

I don't know how this one can be explained but I'm sure someone will wade in!

October

It's one of those quixotic thing for which no one can offer an explanation. All that be done is to vent one's frustration at the way we are treated, like children that wouldn't understand that something possibly unnatural can approach the sun and not disintegrate as our craft would be. If that "object" is not natural, Can you imagine the exotic materials employed? This is one reason why I don't accept that there are "captured" or freely acquired UFO-type objects in our possession and being back-engineered. I don't think humans will ever develop such materials.

Good find and thanks.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Uggielicious

Actually, it's quite well and reasonably explained. For the zillionth time.
(I exaggerate a bit).

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

secureteam10 is a blatant hoaxer that manipulates photos.

See here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Uggielicious

It's one of those quixotic thing for which no one can offer an explanation

Only if it's one's agenda.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is a fairly interesting find considering it's from secureteam10. I do find it highly improbable that this "artifact" would just happen to appear right over the top of what does look like some type of craft, it looks more like they've just cut out a square from another part of the image and pasted it over the object. I created an animated gif image from the video which shows the before and after frames:

EDIT: btw it's easier to see the so called "craft" if you watch the video in HD.
edit on 20/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

it looks more like they've just cut out a square from another part of the image and pasted it over the object.
Actually, it's from another image entirely.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That looks absolutely nothing like the image.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Awesome Find man.

If it is just nothing why would Nasa go back and insert a pixel (directly over the craft)?? I think this is a great find.

I wonder how many people will weigh in with Cosmic Ray... Oh wai-

Or Maybe just attack the person and not the image... Oh wai-

Phage: That pic you show us isn't the same in the video?? The actual pic it is softer and the object has lights dotted on its edges.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You're right, the known hoaxer has edited the original image.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
where is the proof he is a hoaxer, no offense but I'm not taking your word for it?

If the video isn't faked then it's cool what they caught, if it's faked, meh it's faked

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well I guess we cannot really be sure if he's edited the earlier image unless some other people have recorded the SOHO feed and they provide corroborating images. I'm not even sure that the either version of the image is still available on the NASA website, I read that it has been removed in the video comments but I'm unable to check because the website appears to be down (I'm just getting an internal server error). I'll wait for secureteam10's next video and see what they have to say about it.
edit on 21/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower
Did you see the link?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I'm not even sure that the either version of the image is still available on the NASA website
There is only one version and its there. Without the extra dots.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Fill her up...and could you clean the windshield. That is interesting stuff, if it's real. If it's a hoax, then pox be upon you.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Did you see the link?

So what I'm just supposed to jump around from thread to thread trying to see why some people think the guy is a hoaxer? How far into that thread is it or Do I have to jump around from thread to thread, reading through god knows how many pages?

**checks out first couple posts on other thread**

freelance_zenarchist:

That's pretty bad. Just the one photo? Not much effort put into this one.

secureteam10 are known hoaxers. They've been posting fake videos for years, and they even tried charging money for some fake photos at one point.

Check out this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's the same thing he said here, that they are hoaxers. Even another user responds:

saw the thread they were claiming to have debunked the thread but it all just be a simple coincidence i dont see any proof from the star trek fan and the image thats blurred could easily be another image not related to star trek you never know.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

How far into that thread is it or Do I have to jump around from thread to thread, reading through god knows how many pages?
Just the one. It's not that long.
Work on it. It may improve your attention span...build character...that sort of thing.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Oh good grief it's a 3 page thread...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

where is the proof he is a hoaxer, no offense but I'm not taking your word for it? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have you watched any of his other youtube videos, because that is all one needs to see to understand he is a hoaxer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join