It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Steyer Buys Harry Reid ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A fairly well known hedge fund manager, philanthropist, and environmentalist *and Banker*named Tom Steyer has made a very large "contribution" to a political PAC named Senate Majority PAC who is run by former aides to Harry Reid.

Steyer is apparently trying to block off the final leg of the well known political hot baked potato Keystone XL Pipeline.

Harry seems to label Steyer as some kind of "Benign" billionaire unlike his maniacal tirades against the Koch Brothers.

Ironic since Harry has been selling the very idea of limiting and even eliminating such financial participations in politics !!!

Steyer has been the biggest contributor to political PACs this season, also ironic.

Not so "Benign" as Harry would have us believe !!!

Steyer also handles many investments for college endowments and foundations.

Lots of "collective" energy with these guys I would say.

Left wing eco-billionaire Tom Steyer has formally purchased Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.). Steyer recently donated $5 million to Senate Majority PAC, the pro-Democratic Super PAC run by former Reid aides, making him the single largest contributor to the group.

The transaction is related to Steyer’s broader effort to buy American democracy for $100 million and block construction of the wildly popular Keystone XL pipeline. In fact, news of Steyer’s donation comes just days after Senate Democrats helped kill a bipartisan energy efficiency bill after Republicans tried to require a vote on Keystone approval.

Tom Steyer Buys Harry Reid

Tom Steyer

I am sure Steyers has a lot in common with George Soros, politically and financially !!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This from the guy who supports the kosh brothers, man you dont stop. So the dems are bad cause there not bought out by right leaning big money. Or is it dems are bad cause, they dont fit your agenda.

I cant wait for your typical reply with your favorite smiley faces.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
PACs suck. Thank Citizen's United and the conservative stacked SCOTUS. That said, let's also take a look at the money on the other side. If Tom Steyer is an "eco-billionaire" what would you call the Koch brothers? "f-the-planet-billionaires?"

According to some estimates, the Koch brothers stand to make $100 billion from the Keystone XL pipeline.

International Forum on Globalization report

Granted this is from a progressive think tank, but it does document some of where the Koch's spend their money. It should make all of us angry that both parties now not only have billionaire patrons, but these super wealthy donors have free reign to fund huge, expensive, sophisticated propaganda machines. You shouldn't present a one-sided view of this issue and also, as I stated above, let's not forget who sued to open the flood gates.
edit on 2014-5-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Xuenchen: Thanks for blowing the whistle again on these poopy-pantsed politicians. The mud your slinging here in 'the pit' puts perspective on just how dirty the Dems play the game. And, honestly, I never realized just how ugly their politics really were until I started following your posts.

Any word on whether Harry's son made off with large stacks of the Chinese energy money out by the Bundy ranch? LOL

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Never ending dem hypocrisy. The dems love their oligarchs like this guy, Soros, Bloomberg, Gore, Clinton's, Kerry Heinz, etc.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The wildly popular Keystone XL pipeline. When did it become wildly popular? And this little bit from the article was worth a laugh.

These billionaires are ruining our republic. The Koch brothers, on the other hand, are just concerned about hospitals.

The only people the pipeline is popular with is the oil companies and the ignorant.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Surprised? Both the Dems and Reps are steeped in big money and they will use that money to push an agenda.

That being said, I do not agree with the construction of the pipeline, regardless of the politics or money involved.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: xuenchen

Xuenchen: Thanks for blowing the whistle again on these poopy-pantsed politicians. The mud your slinging here in 'the pit' puts perspective on just how dirty the Dems play the game. And, honestly, I never realized just how ugly their politics really were until I started following your posts.

Any word on whether Harry's son made off with large stacks of the Chinese energy money out by the Bundy ranch? LOL

So you actually think the 5 million this guy gave to a PAC actually compares with the likes of the Koch brothers and Sheldon Adelson? Also the solar deal fell apart in 2013 even Breitbart debunked that story.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
A two thirds majority according to this pew research. Even more dems approve than disapprove.

Among those who have heard at least a little, there is strong public support for building the pipeline. About two-thirds (66%) think the government should approve the building of the pipeline, while 23% say it should not be approved.

Even among Democrats who have heard about the issue, a 49% plurality support the government approving the pipeline while 33% say it should not be approved.

www.people-press.org...

new topics

top topics

join