It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal ‘Biosurveillance’ Plan Seeking Direct Access to Americans’ Private Medical Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes, That's Right, The Fed's want access to YOUR medical records.

“The Obama administration in the [American] Recovery and Reinvestment Act [of 2009] forces every doctor to have interoperable electronic medical records by January 1, 2015 or face penalties from Medicare, financial reductions in their payments. So that’s one thing that’s happening,” she told CNSNews.com.

“A second thing that’s happening is that the federal government has been funding the creation of state health information exchanges (HIEs) with the purpose of creating a national health information network. And they’re interoperable, which means they’re accessible to government and others, because they have to follow certain protocols and data standards that the government sets. So that’s another thing that’s happening.

“And the third thing that’s happening is that the health plans often require, may require with their contracts with doctors, that they submit their bills electronically. So all this is forcing everybody’s medical records online,” she explained.

“It’s not clear exactly how the federal government plans to get access” to these online records, Brase said, but it could include requiring health insurers to send all claims data to the government, forcing state insurance exchanges to open a special portal specifically for federal bureaucrats, or demanding that hospitals and clinics report directly to the feds.

Why, You Ask,,, Because You're All Carrier's of the flu or a terrorist anthrax and They Want To Know About You!
Now I ask you, Do any of you Believe this and Do any of you think the Government can keep your Medical Records Secure?

No Likely on both accounts.

The federal government is piecing together a sweeping national “biosurveillance” system that will give bureaucrats near real-time access to Americans’ private medical information in the name of national security, according to Twila Brase, a public health nurse and co-founder of the Citizens Council for Health Freedom.
The Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response is currently seeking public comment on a 52-page draft of the proposed “National Health Security Strategy 2015-2018” (NHSS).

But Brase warns that the NHSS proposal would allow the federal government to monitor an individual’s behavior before, during and after any government-defined health “incident” – which could be anything from a local outbreak of the flu to a terrorist anthrax attack.

“It’s very broad. It doesn’t seem to have any limits, except they say something about, you know, properly protecting the data. But from our perspective, if the government gets access to this kind of data, [and] is allowed to do research with the data…then our privacy has already been compromised. The government has already said that our data is their data for their purposes of national health security,” Brase told CNSNews.com.

When did any of us become Property of Our Government?
Stealing our Medical Records
edit on 20-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

When did any of us become Property of Our Government?

At birth ... of course.

You can always declare sovereignty.
The government hates when you do that.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
Yes, That's Right, The Fed's want access to YOUR medical records.

I share your outrage; but insurance companies already have all the information (if you have insurance and don't pay out of pocket) and share it amongst themselves.

Try getting life insurance at a reasonable rate if you've ever been diagnosed with depression or other 'mental' diagnoses. Most Psych professionals are pretty careful with their diagnoses but it's better to pay out of pocket.

A random thought - perhaps the government, if privy to our medical records and in light of ACA, just might be able to protect us from this type of abuse. Just a thought.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Marketing may play a role. Now with Big Pharma having access to everyone's medical record, they will be able to market their snake oil better.

Privacy is not a 21st century ideal.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
You're correct, But, I don't want the Government in my records, their not trustworthy.
You know as will as me, they'll sell that information to a Organ Collection Farm and you'll be getting pamphlets in the mail bidding for your spleen or lungs or heart and the government gets a kick back.
No, No, No, I on't Trust Them, After 40 Plus Years of working for an agency I won't name, I Know Better.

My Doctor reports what she has to, this I know, she is very truthful and informs us both first.

edit on 20-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
You're correct, But, I don't want the Government in my records, their not trustworthy.
You know as will as me, they'll sell that information to a Organ Collection Farm and you'll be getting pamphlets in the mail bidding for your spleen or lungs or heart and the government gets a kick back.
No, No, No, I on't Trust Them, After 40 Plus Years of working for an agency I won't name, I Know Better.

My Doctor report what she has to, this I know, she is very truthful and informs us both first, I like Dr. Scott she is the most Ethical Person I've Met, Young and Very Good, both her and her husband.

And you belive that Big Business is trustworthy? Really. At least the government in nominally accountable to WE THE PEOPLE.

Business is only accountable to the bottom line - and as recent history has shown us - they lie about that too.

Since business effectly owns the government or shall I say the elected officals, we're left with those civil servants with integrety. Who knew - bureaucrats may save the world.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

A random thought - perhaps the government, if privy to our medical records and in light of ACA, just might be able to protect us from this type of abuse. Just a thought.

If "they" wanted to protect people from intrusions, they would outlaw the databases not enhance the concept.

The whole thing is intrusive and based on money no matter who is doing it.

The insurance companies use it to target certain groups and individuals for "medical" purposes.

The governments do it for at least "1984" more reasons.

It's authoritarian and totalitarian.

new topics

top topics

join