It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal ‘Biosurveillance’ Plan Seeking Direct Access to Americans’ Private Medical Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
One more hot potato for the oven.

Looks like the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services wants to establish some kind of *National Health Security Strategy* that would put just about everything from soup to nuts along with YOUR medical information into a "protected & secure" (a-hemm) database to be used only in emergencies.

This new deal apparently adds to already "accessible" medical info provided by HIPAA, and may be an *enhancement* to provisions established in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 that wants all doctors to have interoperable electronic medical records by January 1, 2015.

0bama.Care is chock full of intrusional language as well.

The federal government is piecing together a sweeping national “biosurveillance” system that will give bureaucrats near real-time access to Americans’ private medical information in the name of national security, according to Twila Brase, a public health nurse and co-founder of the Citizens Council for Health Freedom.

The Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response is currently seeking public comment on a 52-page draft of the proposed “National Health Security Strategy 2015-2018” (NHSS).

“The Obama administration in the [American] Recovery and Reinvestment Act [of 2009] forces every doctor to have interoperable electronic medical records by January 1, 2015 or face penalties from Medicare, financial reductions in their payments. So that’s one thing that’s happening,” she told CNSNews.com.

Federal ‘Biosurveillance’ Plan Seeking Direct Access to Americans’ Private Medical Records

1 9 8 4

edit on May-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And you should be afraid, be very afraid. I've had HIPAA training because of my job. We have a facet of our company that works with and publishes patient packets for a local cancer center, so everyone has to have HIPAA training ... just in case we might see something, you understand. I, myself, do not in any way work with any medical records and they aren't accessible to just anyone where I work. The company is security obsessed.

However, from where I'm sitting, the HIPAA training itself and the agreements are a joke.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I can’t for the life of me see what emergency could justify biosurveillance. There is nothing this administration can do or not do, that would surprise me anymore. I used to believe Obama was responsible for such outrageous actions but I can see now, the man really seems to have no accountability and considering he himself isn’t interest in our medical records, someone else is and that someone else is in control. I call this political administration and all it's guffaws political sensory overload. My brain is getting numb.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am going to assume that even if the US government gleaned information from our records, any info can not be used against us because of the doctor patient confidentiality clause.

Its not like i have anything to hide. Worst thing they can find is my occasional puff.

You all didn't really think Obama care was in the interests of Americans did you? This is the other shoe!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Doctor/patient confidentiality? Really? You understand that under Obamacare, there is no such thing. The IPAB comes into the exam room with your doctor and dictates what treatments he can even offer you, and if he messes up and offers one that isn't approved, he can be monetarily punished.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Doctor/patient confidentiality? Really? You understand that under Obamacare, there is no such thing. The IPAB comes into the exam room with your doctor and dictates what treatments he can even offer you, and if he messes up and offers one that isn't approved, he can be monetarily punished.

Beep Beep Beep Beep.....backing out of this conversation.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I, myself, do not in any way work with any medical records and they aren't accessible to just anyone where I work. The company is security obsessed.

However, from where I'm sitting, the HIPAA training itself and the agreements are a joke.

As it should be. HIPAA may be a joke, but the Joint Commission (sounds ominous, doesn't it?) is not. They can almost arbitrarily levy a quarter million dollar fine on you (negligence) or your company (systemic) for improperly handling medical information. Even an inadvertent disclosure can financially destroy you or your company.

HIPAA 'can be' blackmail city for hostile employees. Remember that.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The government just wants to be able to find how many people were prescribed antipsychotics and antidepressants over the years so they can use this to take away our guns. Someone was trying to persuade doctors to give everyone these types of drugs. It is important to note that some seemingly unrelated drugs have anti-psychotic treatment properties to them so you do not even have to be considered mentally ill to have them prescribed. But they can use these as evidence that you were being treated.

Now, this is one of the only reasons why I could see them having such a database. The reasoning behind creating the database doesn't make sense otherwise. Almost everyone I know was at one time or other offered some sort of mind altering drugs from the doctor. Many did not know that there were duel properties to these meds. If you were ever given some pain relievers for a long term for something, you will be included in a list of a possible drug dependent person. They want something on everyone.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Looks like the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services wants to establish some kind of *National Health Security Strategy* that would put just about everything from soup to nuts along with YOUR medical information into a "protected & secure" (a-hemm) database to be used only in emergencies. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to be the negative Nelly in the thread but they already could do this THANKS to the 'Affordable Care' Act.

With the creation of the ACA 'datahub'.

The Federal Data Services Hub (Hub), a component of the health insurance exchanges created by Obamacare, connects seven different government agencies and establish new access points to the sensitive personal information of the American public.

www.usatoday.com...

And they effing cry about the Patriot Act.

Patriot Act= bad says the ACA supporters.

The Affordable 'Care' Act= Good.

The cognitive dissonance is thick.

The ACA was thousands of pages longer, and is MORE intrusive.
edit on 20-5-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Health information for national security?

AKA they want a convenient database with which to blackmail political dissidents.

Even if you don't really have anything to hide on the Internet history front, imagine if you had a past that you had turned around.

Imagine if it "accidentally" came out that you'd been treated for multiple STDs as a kid if you were a preacher's wife.

If you were a local respected businessman that had to explain some awkward gunshot wounds because you ran with the wrong crowd as a kid.

If your children found out that you went to rehab for heroin or were in and out of AA for years.

The list goes on and on, but such a database is a very, very powerful tool, and it could be used to target just the type of people that the government would want most to silence.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think the gov would use the info in many different ways. Particularly the anti-gun movement could look at records, deem someone crazy, then deny them the right to own a gun,--all because they had anxiety issues or something to that effect. This is some crazy stuff. The gov seems to want to start a civil war because that's what it will be once people start issuing arrest warrants and enforcing them on the traitors in congress.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
OK, only stored until an emergency occurs, yeah...

Then all one would have to do is have the definition of "Emergency" changed to suit their purposes.

Who "They" are is anyone who would stand to profit from knowing such information.

Like nobody saw this coming?, nobody cared?, too busy?.

Think GATACA.

Genetic Predisposition Discrimination, who would possibly be capable of such a thing?.

....?....

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, otherwise known as the Stimulus, had a segment called the HITECH ACT, which uses money to help doctors and hospitals and medical establishments upgrade their IT infrastructure to promote the use of electronic medical records. And why do you think they want that so badly? It is a precursor to nationalizing the healthcare industry and having government control of everyone's health records, and it was done under the pretense of individual privacy of health records, and part of that is the enforcement of HIPAA by fining companies who have breaches of medical records. The fines can be up to 1,000,000 dollars depending on how much data was exposed. Auditors who find breaches of data and report them to authorities will get a cut of the fines.

A brief explanation of HITECH www.healthcareinfosecurity.com...

edit on 24-5-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join