It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and China dumped the US - Petro dollar and Dow Drops

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I do not see this as any huge surprise. It does not make sense to trade between the countries any other way really. Why not cut out the middle man when he has proven to be a sell out anyway?

What interests me is how litigation's are underway for those who are trying to hedge their funds as well as escape the criminal IRS complications on their over seas monies. Also of interest is how this will work out for American corporations who closed up shop in the US and outsourced to other countries such as China long before any of this was more than a speculation to the general public's knowledge.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

LOL i love your thought process and sure it might be a good idea to wipe the debt if you can consider it a war... but who the hell wants a cyber war with china?!

Talk about a bad idea lol... all of Americas secrets will be on the net in less than 24 hours 48 short of your 72 hour plan.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: khimbar

Yeah nuke the US and set off WW3 just for that uh huh. CHina would be tossed under the bus if it launched nukes for such a thing. the entire world would lay the smack down on them in return. Electronics can be rebuild very easily but if china felt froggy its not as if they would survive the retaliation let alone suceeding in hitting the US with any signifigant level of warheads if its just china itself.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

No one and i mean no one will defeat china... that story from the bible David killing Goliath with a freaking sling was total crap told to fragile people to strengthen them. china would flood us all if they all lined up and took a piss..
another one i like is they would bury us in hats if they all threw their hats at us xD.

china is the one giant that hasn't yet woken up but my god when it does 0o..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aarcadius

LOL i love your thought process and sure it might be a good idea to wipe the debt if you can consider it a war... but who the hell wants a cyber war with china?!

Talk about a bad idea lol... all of Americas secrets will be on the net in less than 24 hours 48 short of your 72 hour plan.

Well if they have those secrets already they are already out you should know that. The US could just turn off th einternet during this operation to limit loss of data as well. and under the war powers act it would be possible to do. And really we are already in a undeclared cyber war with china already.

Oh and no one will defeat china eh? Chinas own people if you killed the leaders in china itself would do it themselves. The PRC is HATED by the chinese people but they have the military as a security force.

ALso china lacks the ability to invade the US. SO unless they can piss across the ocean i dont see that happening. And hey didnt the Japanese kick the chinese butts when they invaded?
edit on 14uppam by yuppa because: edited for content

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Well hey America seems to be able to piss all over the world, why wouldn't china be able to?
specially since America is now shoving their nose into Russia's business.

Why couldn't America stick to making cherry flavored coke and nifty gadgets? had to go force their "freedom" on the other countries.

P.S.
Cherry coke bring it back.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yeah nuke the US and set off WW3 just for that uh huh. CHina would be tossed under the bus if it launched nukes for such a thing. the entire world would lay the smack down on them in return. Electronics can be rebuild very easily but if china felt froggy its not as if they would survive the retaliation let alone suceeding in hitting the US with any signifigant level of warheads if its just china itself.

Who said anything about nukes?

Your original premise is based on declaring war, and then specifying the instruments of war that can be used. If someone said to me we're going to fight but I'm telling you which weapons you can use I wouldn't stick to their rules.

The only rule of war is that you can't do what the other side can stop you doing. If you tell me, after declaring war, that 'it's a cyber war only' I'd bomb you. With real bombs. After all, you started it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I brought up nukes... but not in that sense... "i'd bomb you" and prey tell with which bombs? nukes? they will decimate everything... its not a war its total destruction... which is the exact opposite to everything everyone wants, which is more land for their family's, more food for their homes, clean water all the time etc.. nukes put a stop to all that and much, much more.

if you are not talking about nukes and are simply referring to a few regular explosive warheads then a simple answer is china will make them quicker and cheaper.
I honestly doubt anyone will be able to defeat America by force but making their money useless and removing their say in regards to international incidents is a start.

But take Russia and Ukraine for instance, America says they are there to "make peace and stop Russia from terrorizing Ukraine." That's a nice thing America is doing for Ukraine!(while they shoot,stab,beat and burn the Russians trapped there) And it has nothing to do with the fact that while Russia and Ukraine argue Russia will stop giving them gas which uses their pipeline which just so happens to be the one connecting our gas to Europe which means no gas for Europe from Russia which in turn means buy it from who? AMERICA for how much? triple? maybe more. America hasn't just lit their fuse from both sides it added extra fuses all other the place.

Sorry got off topic. Just read the paper here in Aus and cannot believe the outright lies they are printing about Russia..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've read all of the responses here and I have one question that someone here might be able to answer for me. Wouldn't bankrupting the US crush the Chinese/World economy as well? The US is one of the largest importers and consumers in the world; if the US market suddenly collapsed and we stopped purchasing foreign-made products, would it not lead everyone else down a hole they most likely would not be able to get out of?

Thanks in advance..

DD

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ok bomb the US with what carrier force or bombers that can go such a long distance? The only Bombs china has that might reach the US is Nuclear warheads and those would be mostly shot out the sky. And yes nations have declared limited wars and specified those terms and fought on those terms as well.

A "cyber war" declaration is just as it sounds and actually China has already declared one against the US with its cyber hacking arm of its military. Im romney would a won we would had already leveled their cyber warfare program and cut china off from the internet access. CAnt be done? oh yes it can b e done.

Cut off sats that get signals for wireless,cut off cables leading to china under the ocean as well. tell our companies no more access for chinese servers or people as well.

Arcadius if a war was declared the debt is nulled and the dollar rebounds overnight,but that sa extreme way to do it I admit.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aarcadius

The administration’s strategy is to move aggressively to deploy the advantages of its new resources to undercut Russian natural gas sales to Ukraine and Europe, weakening such moves by Mr. Putin in future years. Although Russia is still the world’s biggest exporter of natural gas, the United States recently surpassed it to become the world’s largest natural gas producer, largely because of breakthroughs in hydraulic fracturing technology, known as fracking.

www.nytimes.com...

Progressives and Leftists and environmentalists have opposed fracking, and tend to support leftist causes which give more power to our enemies and opponents like Russia and China. The Obama admin has been caving to environmentalist causes while Russia dominates Europe with their control of the natural gas supply. Perhaps not everyone in the admin is on the same page however.

It should be noted that this anti-fracking movement comes just as Vladimir Putin attempts to quietly create a pseudo-OPEC in natural gas. A natural gas discovery in 2010 in Israel immediately made that nation a player in the world market. Since, emissaries from Russia have made a number of low key trips to Israel pitching the idea of a conglomerate of natural gas producing nations. So, even as left wing environmentalists attempt to limit our own production domestically of natural gas, our enemies are courting our allies globally to form natural gas partnerships.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Good. Let's divest ourselves of these facist countries. Money is a good place to start. I hope the corporations and war machines go there to live and work.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

oh yeah....they'll "murrica" their enemies to death..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

It should be noted that this anti-fracking movement comes just as Vladimir Putin attempts to quietly create a pseudo-OPEC in natural gas. A natural gas discovery in 2010 in Israel immediately made that nation a player in the world market. Since, emissaries from Russia have made a number of low key trips to Israel pitching the idea of a conglomerate of natural gas producing nations. So, even as left wing environmentalists attempt to limit our own production domestically of natural gas, our enemies are courting our allies globally to form natural gas partnerships.

www.frontpagemag.com...

One of Australia's largest companies, just pulled out yesterday, from Israel's Leviathan Project.Saying there is no Money or future in it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
a reply to: crazyewok

The American people are not in debt to the Chinese.

The Federal Reserve (a private bank), "sold" the debt the US government owes them to the Chinese.

Show me where the United States has ever borrowed money from China (protip: you can't).

The debt is owed and interest paid by the U.S. Treasury, or Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, not the Federal Reserve.

The Federal Reserve is not a private bank. It's operations and scope are defined by Federal Statute, its top management appointed by U.S. Government, and its profits are owned by the U.S. Treasury. In any practical sense, management and ownership of profits, it is not a commercial bank and is a government institution.
edit on 22-5-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

When they do, they will still need a stargate, or at least a decade of serious (and super obvious!) shipbuilding before they can get close enough to piss or throw a hat on anything.

Do you know what centrally controlled peoples lack more than anything else?

Novelty.

Good luck innovating anything without a healthy dose of it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The Federal Reserve is a "Cartel of private banks" with a Reserve Board overseen by the Treasury. There is a difference. Only the Reserve Board and I think the Central Bank is a public functionary.

The Federal Reserve Act created a system of private and public entities

The Federal Reserve Act created a system of private and public entities; there were to be at least eight, and no more than 12, private regional Federal Reserve banks. Twelve were established, and each had various branches, a board of directors, and district boundaries. The Federal Reserve Board, consisting of seven members, was created as the governing body of the Fed. Each member is appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the U.S. Senate. In 1935, the Board was renamed and restructured

With the passing of the Federal Reserve Act, Congress required that all nationally chartered banks become members of the Federal Reserve System.

en.wikipedia.org...

So while private banks are required to be members of the system, they are still private, but are governed by the Central Bank and governing body of the Federal Reserve Board. And whereas the US Treasury used to have control of the currency, they have transferred that control to the Federal Reserve.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

Why do I feel this was the plan all along?

The answer is simple.
It was and is.
Wait until China dumps their trillions in T-Bills and the Saudis stop using the USD in favor of the Euro, Yen or Ruble as the base for oil. I believe the days of the Petro Dollar, based on US currency may well be coming to the inevitable close.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire I am, and have admitted being a bit of an anglophile but your post merits a "where would you be right now if not for the U.S.A." How is your German? Just imagine how bad your economy would be if you had to spend more of your gnp on defense? Oh, and thanks for ramming the Central Bank down our throats.
....If you or any other person from England were informed or educated you would be very wary of throwing rocks at the U.S.A.......but here you are, res ipsa loquitur.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Come on! I know for a fact that what ever those quotes or sources you have are either a) retarded or from some crazy Glenn Beck Rush Hannity Fox funded publication. Right now all that gas in North Dakota is being flared as exhaust from oil production...I'm watching my money burn up every month but gas is so cheap I rather burn it up then not get my oil. You fools that post such nonsense drive me nuts. We haven't produced this much oil since 1986. We are rocking and can't capture the flared gas fast enough.....stop paying attention to the shallow fracking out east.....look to the Bakken and the Eagle Ford....just watch how the oil keeps flowing more and more each month.....damn some of the ignorance on this site drives me nuts......fracking is going great on private land....and that is where most of the oil is being drilled.....every month I open my checks to see the love

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join