It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and China dumped the US - Petro dollar and Dow Drops

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Reinmax

Britain still has more nanny cams than we do, but yes in essence the US has gone to excessive surveillance. I know that one of our infamous spy satellite stations is in Menwith Hill, England. I also understand that since each country is not suppose to spy on it's citizens, we just spy on each other and then share the data.

Here's even an article about it

THE Berlin Wall came down, the Cold War ended, and the military might of the West was reduced - but not Menwith Hill in Yorkshire, the biggest US overseas spy base. Now MI5 and MI6, the security services, are believed to be evading British regulations on telephone-tapping by asking the Americans at the base to do it for them.
www.independent.co.uk...

And it's even a UK journal

Here's a Telegraph article about how many cameras there are www.telegraph.co.uk...

Of course, the US is bigger with more land mass to fill.
And then there's this, which is what I was referring to in my other post:

£400 million ($668 million) will be spend on installing and monitoring CCTV cameras in the homes of private citizens. Why? To make sure the kids are doing their homework, going to bed early and eating their vegetables. The scheme has, astonishingly, already been running in 2,000 family homes

It gets worse. The government is also maintaining a private army, incredibly not called “Thought Police”, which will “be sent round to carry out home checks,” according to the Sunday Express. And in a scheme which firmly cements the nation’s reputation as a “nanny state”, the kids and their families will be forced to sign “behavior contracts” which will “set out parents’ duties to ensure children behave and do their homework.”

www.wired.com...

I'm sure the US will catch up to Britain, unless we stand up and stop it. This is the Orwellian surveillance state, and it is meant for all the world, not just a few countries.
edit on 21-5-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I wonder if China has forgotten about how the Western countries did trade with China and forced China to take opium in trade for goods, which led to the Boxer rebellion. I sure hope they don't hold a grudge like the Canadians do for invading their country and burning their parliament building. LOL

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
I wonder if China has forgotten about how the Western countries did trade with China and forced China to take opium in trade for goods, which led to the Boxer rebellion. I sure hope they don't hold a grudge like the Canadians do for invading their country and burning their parliament building. LOL

"forced China to take opium in trade for goods" is a urban myth.
TEA it was all about the Hudson Bay Company,, and TEA.

an informed Canadian.
unless u want too discuss the BNA act??

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Family model, interesting, do you mean like a family business started from scratch or do you just mean like families in the agrarian sense of working the land? Both of these types of activities built the US in earlier times, but now everything is specialized and people depend on oligopolistic corporations.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome that's it for the History Channel

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
I wonder if China has forgotten about how the Western countries did trade with China and forced China to take opium in trade for goods, which led to the Boxer rebellion.

the Opium Wars. nice mention
they do hold a grudge for that, it is a big reason they are trying so hard to come up on is from behind.

And the Opium motive is the same that is being used against the West now. Keep able men distracted from the big problems of the nation. IF all men were on the streets looking for non existent jobs we would have a problem. THE Reason for the "drug war" and the reason for the incarceration rates. it is like pressure relief valve for the corrupt society.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Independent of our petro-dollar is the last step. Wealthy Chinese investors are buying up land with their useless USD and will own our country legally, no need to invade.

a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: oneupShadow

Wealthy Chinese investors are buying up land with their useless USD and will own our country legally, no need to invade.
Huh. I thought the Japanese were doing that in the 80s. I think we should worry more about Canada...or not.

The National Association of Realtors (NAR) reports that Chinese buyers (including those from mainland China, as well as Hong Kong and Taiwan) were second only to Canadians when it came to international clients purchasing U.S. homes last year. The 2013 NAR survey reports 12 percent of all U.S. real estate transactions made by foreign citizens last year involved Chinese citizens, up from just five percent in 2007.
finance.yahoo.com...

12% of foreign real estate purchases. Do you want me to look up the total value of US real estate in comparison to the amount purchased by Chinese or can you do that by yourself? Wanna bet on the percentage?
edit on 5/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
a reply to: crazyewok

The American people are not in debt to the Chinese.

The Federal Reserve (a private bank), "sold" the debt the US government owes them to the Chinese.

Show me where the United States has ever borrowed money from China (protip: you can't).

Im not debateing were it came from or who is to pay.

My point was you have tocarry on paying regardless.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Keep scratching that head there Son. At least until the bombs start dropping.
~$heopleNation

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Since the operation began on March 31, getting to Qaddafi's final stand required 7,725 air sorties and 1,845 strike sorties, 397 of which dropped ordnance, and 145 Predator drone strikes.

ah yes, that was the war Congress did not approve. Guess who owns it?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think Canadians are interested in taking over America militarily, as the Chinese might be, plus there's always the Red Dragon stuff going on.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Let your beloved Obama # talk the American people into a calm trance until you are no longer in your lounge room watching the hypno window but are in a camp wishing you had looked outside to see whats really going on...

I for one have no idea how America plans on paying this debt, but a debt this big will either result in land takeover or a total split of the united states.

what really scares me is that the Americans could snap and start mashing their nuke control panels... built for defense my behind.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
the cash swap agreement has nil to do about the Petro-Dollar..

Under the agreement, the banks plan to develop their partnership in a number of areas, including cooperation on ruble and renminbi settlements, investment banking, inter-bank lending, trade finance and capital-markets transactions,” says the official VTB statement.
~from the source link in the OP~ zero hedge article

when the Kingdom of Saud ventures oil sales to nations and accepts Marks, Franc, Dinar, Peso, Pounds, Lira etc.

then the Petro-Dollar is done - defunct...but this bi-lateral currency swap is not the dethroning of the petro-dollar but is a start to the shunning of the USD as the international medium of exchange (a world reserve currency function)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Sounds like Russia and China need a dose of freedom and democracy from the war office of the land of the free. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes because that is totally within their current capabilities...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Yes, because Bush invading everyone had nothing to do with it. Goldfish memory runs rampant on ATS.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Really?

You are that naive?

Really?

Refuse to pay your debt too china and you will lose your credit rateing!

Thats how debt works!

Failure to pay = liability

If USA defualts on a debt especialy willingly why would any nation or institution ever want too trust you again? The fear being if they dont dance too the USA tune they wont see there debt paid back .

Try a little experiment, get a $10000 credit card max it out then refuse to pay it back, then afted you defualt try and apply for another big limit card and see what happens

My goodness you are quick to resort to name calling when someone doesn't agree with your "wisdom"!

Listen many, many governments have gone bankrupt over the history of the world. Happens fairly frequently. 10 years later no one can tell anything happened. Only the name on the sports stadium changes. But you go ahead and enjoy your death to America party.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Aarcadius

HEre is how you nullify the debt owed to china. First you declarewar,but announce it will be a cyber war alone. technically its still a war no? Countries at war do not pay back each other money owed. its considered a loss. Then after the debt is nulled then you declare a end to hostilities and go about your business. All this canbe done in 72 hrs or less.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Aarcadius

HEre is how you nullify the debt owed to china. First you declarewar,but announce it will be a cyber war alone. technically its still a war no? Countries at war do not pay back each other money owed. its considered a loss. Then after the debt is nulled then you declare a end to hostilities and go about your business. All this canbe done in 72 hrs or less.

Yes, I'm sure that would work.

After all if you 'announce' that it has to be a cyber war alone, after declaring war, the other side is sure to have to stick to your terms and not bomb you aren't they?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join