It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mistrial for cop who blinded woman wih gunpowder propelled pepper spray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I posted a thread about this cop facing charges a week or so ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now it has been declared a hung jury mistrial when jurors were unable to reach a verdict.

The cop was charged after dashcam footage showed him fire gunpowder propelled pepper spray in the face of Monique Hernandez from less than a foot away, fracturing her right orbital bone, and severing the optic nerve in her left eye, blinding her completely.

The cop says she was resisting but the dashcam footage shows her standing there with her hands behind her back.

“Every single day, she goes to bed at night, dreaming of a time when she used to be able to see,” said Deputy District Attorney Michael Carney. “When Monique Hernandez wakes up, the world is still dark because her sight was violently taken from here. Her eyeballs were literally blown into pieces, and the person who did this was a police officer

Prosecutors said Clark’s statements about the confrontation was “bullsh-t,” saying there was no imminent threat to his life or loss of balance that caused him to misfire the pepper spray gun.

And his lawyer said he was not trained properly to use the weapon??? Then why does he have it?

Defense attorney Steve Sanchez said Clark was inadequately trained to use the non-lethal weapon, arguing that the manufacturer’s warnings were confusing.

He pointed to errors in the instruction manual, including a misplaced comma that suggested the JPX could be safely fired from one meter – or three feet – away, instead of 1.5 meters.

Sanchez said Clark’s decision to fire the pepper spray gun was “made in a split second, and you can’t second-guess the officer

www.rawstory.com...< br />
So I guess there will be no justice for this woman.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
From your article:

Jurors voted 10-2 for conviction. Prosecutors have not said whether they will seek a retrial.

It is up to the prosecutors to seek a new trial. She may have her day in court (again).

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
what about the even bigger trial for here the one against the state or county where she resides. IF the evidence is correct she deserves to be compensated big time. I dont know what she did for work, but there is payment for not being able to work and but I then there is pain and suffering damages,negligence.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
10-2 with a video of the incident. Hmm. Who were those 2 jurors, Limbaugh and Hannity?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
She'll win a civil suit easily. Wont even go to trial.

The cop should be convicted of assault, at minimum.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
10-2 with a video of the incident. Hmm. Who were those 2 jurors, Limbaugh and Hannity?

Ha. You made me spit out my coffee!~

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
W T F

He shot her in the face with this pepper spray gun from a foot away for being a typical mouthy drunk, destroying one of her eyes and blinding her for life... and they found 2 jurors who wouldn't convict?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Those two jurors were likely ex pigs or family of pigs protecting there own.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Is there a picture of the cop who did it?

His picture and a picture of his VICTIM ought to be on every street throughout amerika.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Defense attorney Steve Sanchez said Clark was inadequately trained to use the non-lethal weapon, arguing that the manufacturer’s warnings were confusing. f

Confusing???????
What happened to common sense?

It took me 5 minutes to find out that it shoots out at 405 mph
With that being said, I know NOT to fire it at close range.....Duh!!
How confusing can that be
Just use your birdbrain dude

He got frustrated at the belligerent woman & wanted to use his toy and screwed up royally
And now a woman will never see again

top topics

join