It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Threat has been detected"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Seems there is a virus on ATS, according to my Avast! antivirus software.

h_showads_pubmatic_com__AdServer__AdServerServlet?pu...

??

Every page I go on it alerts me to tell me a virus was blocked.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There aren't any virus' on ATS.

Clear your cache and your cookies. Your anti virus is most likely giving you false positives.

My antivirus often interprets certain ad servers as being malicious for one reason or another.

To be sure, restart your computer in safe mode and run a scan. I would also suggest installing CC cleaner and running the utility to clean up anything in your temp files that my be triggering it.

~Tenth
edit on 5/20/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

From past experience with Avast!, it doesn't pick up the real problem, yet thinks anything not in its database's "whitelist" is evil and almost shuts it down before you can react.

Saying that, though, sometimes when those (ever multiplying) "free sites" offer a 6 month subscription I still try it out.

Bitdefender Secureanywhere is my top choice, although it still gives annoying false positives.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have used Avast before on a different machine than I currently use, and it was terrible at throwing out false positives. AVG Free was a much better program, in my opinion.

I've also seen conflicts between Avast and some Firefox extensions that causes Avast to go crazy. Are you using Firefox with any add blocker extensions?

ETA: Go in to your Avast virus chest and search for the most recent added event. Copy the name of it and do a google search with the name and add "avast false positive". It should give you a variety of links that will show you how to stop the false positives.
edit on 5/20/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Are you using Firefox with any add blocker extensions?

I'm using Firefox at the moment, but there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Actually I was using Chrome at the time.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Many thanks, people.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

No, there isnt! If you have a problem with ANY site...its prob not the site...but something youve set on your own devices. Ask us 1st here...99% of the time its not any , all or even some of us. Its you and your personal settings you have on your device...and something youve had come into your system...not the site.

And NO, there is no virus here. Clear your cache, delete your cookies and temp files, do a de-frag if you have it...reset your browser. Dont immediately blame the sites!

NO VIRUS HERE!!!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Your problem is that you're using Avast.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

What's wrong with Avast?

I was actually advised to get Avast by a computer repair shop (these guys aren't mugs).

I was picking up viruses left and right but since getting Avast - nothing.

It may be a little over-zealous sometimes...okay, I understand that ATS has no viruses.

I've sent them a false positive report, so it's sorted.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawleyMaybe try AVG. Manny anti-virus programs read bits that they see as a threat but really are not.I agree clear your cookies and cache.Sometimes they are designed to make you pay for something you dont require.Good Luck

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I am using don't track me on chrome and it show's at the moment 5 tracking attempts but can show up to 8 or 11 at various times, most look to be innocent ad and customer habit gathering trackers which will try at any opportunity to place a cookie in your cash and some AV detect them as spyware so classify them as a threat, Best policy is to use in private or incognito browsing as most cookies do not work then, some find a way around it and download Malware bytes anti malware and run it after ever browsing session, it takes a while but detects about 99 percent more malware than most AV program's and it is free unless you want the advanced features, also it does not appear to be trojan spyware unlike another solution which was posted on ATS a short while back which even rearanges and defragment's with a custom defrag engine (a great way for a third party to read your hard drive if you are on line), I won't name it as I may be wrong but instead of speeding up my pc it slowed it down so was doing something.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

Your problem is that you're using Avast.

I've used Avast for a long time now and have never had a single problem.

top topics

join