It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks vows to reveal second country where NSA is recording all mobile phone calls.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
True patriots reveal everything. Anyone who gets mad at wikileaks is a traitor. "In a kingdom of lies, the truth is treason".

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I think your being a little extreme with this whole "people can get killed" bit , simply put "we the people " have a right to know...
Maybe the NSA should not be poking around in places where the end result could be "blood". Do you not think illegal activity of the NSA should be exposed?

I am all for keeping people safe from collateral damage ...and i am sure wikileaks has taken this into concideration as well..just saying

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think we can take Canada off the list of potentials. Anyone who thinks the Canadian gov. and Canadian Telecoms are not in compliance with the US infogathering is fooling themselves, we are willing members of the five eyes. It's one of the main reasons why ATS is my only digital footprint.

Also, to attribute threats of deaths coming from outraged Canadians is pure nonsense. Even the most comfortably unaware Canuck wouldn't feel rage/vengeance over learning that we are not private entities when it comes to our data. They would smirk and chuckle that it's obvious when you look at it.

The implication that this information would infringe US national security and potentially cause deaths is the key. Canadians would only be a threat to the US if our way of comforts were in danger from our neighbours, and I highly doubt anyone with influence in the US would poke the beaver in the necessary ways. So, the question is, who would seek revenge for having their privacy infringed? The answer must be a current enemy of the US or a perceived potential one.

The Middle East options are plausible, but I don't think they would be shocked into action by the revelation they are monitored. Russia is too obvious, they have never not been monitored. China is likely as a threat to national security, but not of deaths unless it leads to brazen attacks on US allies in Asia. The options are limited, but vast as the US is spying on everyone.

In the end, its irrelevant. We're being played on all fronts. WWIII will happen, because it must happen. The shadow elements have grown too strong and too confident and with no one standing up to them they will continue to play the sides against each other until we are all brought down to one of two levels. Those with "power" and the rest.

We're all far too compliant in our own demise to do anything about it. The fear of losing what we think we have will keep us in compliance until we have lost everything. The rage of what others have that we don't have will keep us blind to our manipulators actions. The desire to have more intangible things will keep us greasing their gears with our labours and efforts. Our immediate future is dull, our extended future filled with despair for all save the game masters. Our course has been set to slavery and we're gladly keeping the engines running out of fear and ignorance.

Honour and dignity will be our only saviours, but those concepts are well on their way to perversion and all but lost ideals to the average individual.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I don't think I'm being at all extreme. Not in the least.

This isn't an "has been" issue. The idiots are going to burn something still very much active and running to this moment in time, if I'm not terribly mistaken and people are likely to be killed in the reaction and backlash. I think the "TOTAL" nature of the coverage, given the nation I think this is, will be what triggers all hell breaking loose.

Again tho...there is another Western nation to hang like a punk for this one and they deserve every inch of rope on a tall tree THIS one will bring. Many here who WANT this....won't be AT ALL happy with the winning nation to get the rope, either. Good though. Again, they deserve every moment of agony the spotlight may well bring.

I can well see why some who normally are all for disclosure are very 'wait a minute!...' on THIS one. Some care about the potential body count in the native country (I damn sure do..I KNOW people who may be in the middle over this ass hat's release) and others..will care more for the Western nation that helped make it all possible.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Don't shoot the messenger.... if any blood is spilled, it is on the hands of those who did the spying.

Plutarch's Lives has this line: "The first messenger that gave notice of Lucullus' coming was so far from pleasing Tigranes that he had his head cut off for his pains; and no man daring to bring further information, without any intelligence at all, Tigranes sat while war was already blazing around him, giving ear only to those who flattered him..."

The advice "Don't shoot the messenger" was expressed (very obliquely) by Shakespeare in Henry IV, part 2 (1598)[2] and in Antony and Cleopatra: when told Antony has married another, Cleopatra threatens to treat the messenger's eyes as balls, eliciting the response 'gracious madam, I that do bring the news made not the match'. Prior to that, a related sentiment was expressed in Antigone by Sophocles as "No one loves the messenger who brings bad news".

edit on 21-5-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You act as if you have "full knowlege of what is going to be exposed & the repercussions ?
Do you have some inside knowledge ? If so than please share ?
If not than why would you assume such a disastrous outcome ?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
The idiots are going to burn something still very much active and running to this moment in time, if I'm not terribly mistaken and people are likely to be killed in the reaction and backlash. I think the "TOTAL" nature of the coverage, given the nation I think this is, will be what triggers all hell breaking loose.

We've seen far too much government malfeasance performed in the name of "keeping lives from being lost." It has become a hack bit at best, an outright paper tiger at worst.

Have a doughnut.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
I wouldn't be surprised if it was here in Belgium. Brussels is the capital of Europe and all.

Who Is The New Secret Buyer Of U.S. Debt?

Recently, a company based in Belgium called Euroclear has come forward claiming to be the culprit behind the massive purchases of American debt. Euroclear, though, is not a direct buyer. Instead, the bank is a facilitator, using what it calls a “collateral highway” to allow central banks and international banks to move vast amounts of securities around the world faster than ever before.
. . .
Belgium is the political center of the EU, with more politicians, diplomats and lobbyists than Washington D.C. It is also, despite its size and economic weakness, a member of an exclusive economic club called the “Group Of Ten” (G10).

Observation/Opinion: Perhaps ... Not Incredible ???

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

No.. I act as if I have a pretty good idea of it. The MSM isn't the only source for news and the redactions and work to counter them have been in full view in some places on the interwebs since the docs hit the public domain. I may be wrong about the nation...but frankly, I've come to know people as friends in a wide variety of nations, so the fact their ignorance will impact someone I know isn't a long stretch to make.

The fact is, Assange has been on a crusade to be 'the factor' that changes the world as we know it and the wars as they existed. He's said as much more than once and he threw his entire Wikileaks accomplishment into the crapper for the effort. Everything for gigabytes of data that was pending the day before they released the first from manning....is all gone and I've never seen it again. SO much that meant MORE than what it was lost to play games with.

Now you have a man FAR more responsible for releasing classified information and is currently sitting on FAR MORE than Assange could even dream of seeing in a fantasy.....saying DO NOT DO THIS with releasing that national detail. That should be a BIG neon billboard of danger. After all, Glenn Greenwald is a GOOD GUY and he's saying DO NOT DO THIS.

Well...If Wikileaks does it anyway, they have taken a BIG BIG step in my mind to becoming an enemy of my nation, not a means of constructive change within it. It'll be a choice they made and they'll have made it while the best of "their own side" is all but pleading with them not to.

The "Public has a right to know" is a bedrock principle our nation is founded upon, and good that it is. It also has limits, and this is across them. I don't have time or tolerance for traitors. I've not seen Assange that way before..and the term doesn't technically fit now for his nationality.....but if he does this thing, I won't have issues anymore with whatever means are taken to capture him. Again..a choice he'll have made.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I respect your opinion , however I disagree with it. I feel this might be some last ditch effort for TPTB to try and get wiki to stop leaking information.
I also dont think wikileaks is in the market to "get people killed" twist it what ever way you want NSA should have not been breaking laws ...

Let us wait for the results ..

edit on 0572023155752st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
my best bet would be canada, our prime minister harper does everything he can to impress our big brother america.
im sure hed willingly hand over anything they want

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Fair enough, and we can certainly agree to disagree.

For the record, I don't think Wikileaks is actually in the business of getting people killed either. I just think some men, in AND outside of "TPTB" have let their passion for a cause, vanity or just old fashion need for revenge overpower other considerations.

Disagreement with respect tho...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

An interesting development in the Wikileaks - The Intercept alliance. It remains to be seen if Assange actually has access to the information threatened to be leaked.

The folks at Wikileaks are irate about the decision at The Intercept to redact the name of a country whose cell phone calls are being mass-monitored by the NSA, according to documents provided by Edward Snowden. That Glenn Greenwald believed there was a great chance the revelation would "lead to deaths" did not satisfy Wikileaks.
The debate began upon the publication of the latest National Security Agency news provided by Russian defector Edward Snowden, which revealed a top-secret program called MYSTIC being used to monitor several countries that the United States considers allies. MYSTIC is subdivided into smaller country-specific programs. The program in use to monitor the Bahamas is called SOMALGET.
In addition to the Bahamas, MYSTIC is allegedly being used to monitor telecommunications in Mexico, the Philippines, and Kenya. There is a fifth country in which the program is operating that Greenwald and co-authors Ryan Devereaux and Laura Poitras refused to name, given "specific, credible concerns that doing so could lead to increased violence."

The statement source cannot be linked according to T&C, but one can search for it quite easily.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=1794wabbit2000[/post]

Fair enough, and we can certainly agree to disagree.

For the record, I don't think Wikileaks is actually in the business of getting people killed either. I just think some men, in AND outside of "TPTB" have let their passion for a cause, vanity or just old fashion need for revenge overpower other considerations.

Disagreement with respect tho...

I agree , that very well could be a possibility. And we know Mr"Julian" is in a position to use this type of leverage. . .
I would hope he's doing it for "the people" .

Humbly respected wabbit

edit on 005111131505511st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This just came across

The NSA records almost all domestic and international phone calls in Afghanistan, similar to what it does in the Bahamas, WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange said.

Reports in the Washington Post and the Intercept had previously reported that domestic and international phone calls from two or more target states had been recorded and stored in mass as of 2013. Both publications censored the name of one victim country at the request of the US government, which the Intercept referred to as 'Country X'.

Assange says he cannot disclose how WikiLeaks confirmed the identity of the victim state for the sake of source protection, though the claim can be “independently verified” via means of “forensic scrutiny of imperfectly applied censorship on related documents released to date and correlations with other NSA programs.”

COUNTRY X REVEALED

edit on 5231414 by rockflier because: added more on the quote

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I think the public has a right to know, in an ideal setting. I do not feel this is an ideal setting.

Neither do I trust wikileaks.. The very title of this thread even makes me cringe. Its like they are spreading it out to create suspense! intrigue! mystery! Its like watching a sitcom.

They spy on anyone and everyone using electronic devices. So, releasing a "SECOND" country almost feels to me like pandering to an agenda.

Something about it doesnt sit right..

At this point, I think the best option for TPTB to stay in power is to have a violent interaction of any kind. Whether that is a revolt in a first world nation, or a war between nations.. I dont think is particularly relevant.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There was a reason why this information was hidden....why releasing the name of, say, "Bahamas" was seen as trivial but THIS country's name was kept guarded.

Together with mentioning "possible deaths", it cannot be some trivial country like Cuba, Sri Lanka etc...and it cannot be (in my opinion) a country like China or Russia since "possible deaths" with such countries would not be likely, in the same way as with Germany.

Therefore, according to logic...it is IRAN.

It is the one country where revealing that all cell phones are monitored by the US would create outrage and without a question deaths.
There is no other, logical reason why some other country's name would be hidden.

Also, there would be plenty reasons WHY they would tap into Iran's mobile net.

Edit: Afghanistan was my second guess
edit on 5/23/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

Yup. It's Afghanistan. This was sure hyped up, as is anyone surprised we'd be monitoring all communications in/out of there?

Afghanistan is a cash crop for under-the-table black ops funding and a big supplier in the drug trade.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It has been the source of cash for decades now. Not all U.S. related for sure. Kabul has been the center of money for many nations for many years.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier
This just came across

The NSA records almost all domestic and international phone calls in Afghanistan, similar to what it does in the Bahamas, WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange said.

Reports in the Washington Post and the Intercept had previously reported that domestic and international phone calls from two or more target states had been recorded and stored in mass as of 2013. Both publications censored the name of one victim country at the request of the US government, which the Intercept referred to as 'Country X'.

Assange says he cannot disclose how WikiLeaks confirmed the identity of the victim state for the sake of source protection, though the claim can be “independently verified” via means of “forensic scrutiny of imperfectly applied censorship on related documents released to date and correlations with other NSA programs.”

COUNTRY X REVEALED

Thanks for posting this !

Credit goes out to you and Wabbit2000

Humbly

LSH

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join