It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Iceberg

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
A bit of a strange one. At first I thought it might be a cloud hovering above the iceburg but then it appears to be spinning around and changes shape.

e strange white object was filmed by Youtube user “235FireFly” while he was driving around Salvage, Newfoundland and Labrador. “What you can see is a white object not attached to the iceberg, but rather spinning around and changing shape.” He stated. “This is easily the strangest thing I have ever witnessed in my life.”

theviralpost.com...

www.youtube.com...

soz cannot get video to embed

purp

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's a MIRAGE.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Interesting. While I can't discount a cloud, I could not definitively say it is a cloud either. It appears to change shape at the end of the video, but as far as relative distance to the iceberg, it could be 100 miles behind the iceberg for all we can tell....nothing to show it is directly over it at all IMHO.

I would go with a very distant cloud at first glance....possibly transforming shape with wind or something to that effect.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Thanks for that I guess it could well be. Do mirages change shape..?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That is the first thing I thought of a cloud. But when I looked closley it seems to be spinning fast. I gues it could be a cloud in some strange wind conditons..

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
S&F! Great video!

At first it looks like a cloud, but at the end it looks like a flag waving and changing shape in the wind???...maybe??

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Here's another example of a mirage that's less UFO-like...

edit on 20-5-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'd go with mirage, or something of that nature. Notice at 45 seconds in, there is another flash of white off to the right? Anyway, icebergs can affect the weather around them...seems to me that a few years back a big one just outside of St. John's harbour caused a cold summer in that city.

Love The Rock, though, and there's something seriously sublime about icebergs.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
and of course it isnt one of these

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yup, a superior mirage to be exact.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Mirage? Maybe... maybe a micro weather system ..or a cloud forming and spinning from the cold/hot up down air movement.

I found the little white 'something,' to the right of the cloud/berg, that comes out of thin air and moves toward the sea to fade again, at 0.44- 0.46, more "UFO-esque" than the little cloud over the berg. (and indicative of a mirage, or image projected in mid-air)

Pretty, though... we might not be seeing too many 'bergs for awhile.
edit on 5/20/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here's the video,

It seems to be a mirage, notice on the far right at the very end of the scene, there is another white moving blob that appears and disappears.
edit on 20-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Its not a mirage. It is an object over the iceberg. Contact is coming soon. For those not prepared to meet there extended family, get ready. They always promised to return to us from the stars. We on this planet have forgotten so much about our own origins. Mankind is from the constellation Lyra. Our family is larger than you can ever imagine. Its reunion time.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
Its not a mirage. It is an object over the iceberg. Contact is coming soon. For those not prepared to meet there extended family, get ready. They always promised to return to us from the stars. We on this planet have forgotten so much about our own origins. Mankind is from the constellation Lyra. Our family is larger than you can ever imagine. Its reunion time.

Wouldn't it be better for them to appear somewhere a bit more populated than an.... Iceberg?...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The main white blob is an absolutely textbook example of a superior mirage.

I wonder why, when people capture these things on video, they don't spend a few minutes researching what it is likely to be before jumping to some paranormal explanation?

The other blob at the end, to the right, looks more like something diving into the sea. Looks like you can see a splash. I originally said bird but the scale may be wrong for that. Hard to tell from the blurry video.

Edit: yep, that one is a bird. You can see it flying across from left to right if you watch full screen, then it dives into the water.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

originally posted by: Oannes

Wouldn't it be better for them to appear somewhere a bit more populated than an.... Iceberg?...

They were just chillin'.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Some more examples of superior mirages:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I'd go with mirage, or something of that nature. Notice at 45 seconds in, there is another flash of white off to the right? Anyway, icebergs can affect the weather around them...seems to me that a few years back a big one just outside of St. John's harbour caused a cold summer in that city.

Love The Rock, though, and there's something seriously sublime about icebergs.

That flash of white off to the right is a sea bird diving for fish, probably a Gannet by the speed of it. Look closely and you'll see the faint splash of water as it enters the sea.

As for the white object, it's strange, UFO or not.

Mirage, doubt it. Cloud again i doubt it. A single, solid looking, bright white cloud in an otherwise cloudless sky? That's pretty doubtful, although not impossible of course. Add that it appears to be rotating slowly about it's own axis, it's even more doubtful it is either a Mirage or a cloud.

My first thought was an air/sea rescue helicopter practicing for an ice-berg rescue...there may have been a winch man that didn't resove of the video.

What looks like the tail section comes into view as it rotates too, adding weight to a Navy or coastguard helicopter practicing on a berg rescue of some sort.

Or an ET craft, that forgot to remove its adaptive camo when it lifted off from the berg...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Mirage, doubt it. Cloud again i doubt it.

Why do you doubt it? You could hardly ask for a more textbook-perfect example of a mirage than this.

The original uploader of the video concurs:

edit on 20-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

I said why i doubted it in my post mate.

Text books aren't always accurate you know.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join