It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolfenstien: The New Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Has anyone on this forum managed to play this game yet? I pre-purchased the PC version off Steam without realising it was over 40GB to download! Since I am getting just over 400KB/s, it's taken the whole day and is only on 50% done. I am quite eager to play it and was just curious if anybody else has had a chance to enjoy it. The graphics look impressive and most reviews I have seen have been very positive.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I used to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein and loved it. This new game though looks even better but the size just left me breathless. It's been quite a while that I haven't played any games on PC and the size of games has grown a lot.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

20 hours max for your full play through.

It's good.

Not worth 60$ though. Glad I got an advanced copy.

~Tenth

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I played the original Wolfenstein on the Atari Jaguar (yeah I know)

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a great game on PC with tasty graphics but I didn't bother with the 2009 Wolfenstein it just didn't appeal for some reason , I haven't got this one yet but from what I've seen online the reaction to it is looking good so I will probably get it next week.

This trailer sums it up for me , shooty shooty boom boom... it's Wolfenstein.

edit on 20-5-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think they should have gone with the more "Inglorious Basterds" feel from the beginning... when presenting characters and when showing him killing people could be like the scene introducing "Sargent Hugo Stiglitz" ... the end is alright tho, could have more of a "Aldo the Apache" touch, but I guess the end is still ok... The Apache wins tho... more entertaining as a character cause you know "Donny! We got a German here who wants to die for his country!... Oblige him!"

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've just come across this Escape from Castle Wolfenstein Easter egg for anyone playing the game.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is the first real game I have downloaded on any console. The reason being that somehow it was actually cheaper on the PlayStation store than in-store
. Anyway, I'm glad I have high speed internet because the file size was 50 GB plus a 4 GB update!

The upside is that you can play it after about 10 gigs have been downloaded, the downside is just when you are getting into the game you get a message that you can't go any further. So far, it's an amazing game and a lot better than the previous one in my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I've played it and my opinion is that it's a terrible game, and it is NOT worth $60. Maybe next time they could get Tarantino and Eli Roth to help them write it? It would still be a no thanks from me. lol

If you want to play a real shooter, then BF4 or COD would be the way to go. BF4 is the better one. Again, my opinion.
edit on 27-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

top topics

join