It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Republicans want prison time for revealing what frackers are pumping into the ground

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The “Energy Modernization Act,” (PDF) as the bill is called, would punish revealing fracking mix information with prison terms of “a few months,” in addition to civil penalties. While it would allow officials with the state emergency management office to gather that information for planning purposes and provide it for medical and firefighting personnel as necessary, first responders might also be forced to sign confidentiality agreements to protect that information.

www.rawstory.com...

Apparently now we have no right to know what the energy companies are pumping into our drinking water.
Also no right to know if our food is GMO.

Is there any doubt of the existence of the Corporatacracy?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I grew up in an era where Hitler's Nazi regime was still an open wound of the worlds' most evil time. I could never understand America giving refuge to Germany's top scientists after the evils they had done...the horrible experiments on people...and the total control over peoples' every move.
Experimenting on people without their permission by force has been replaced by experimenting on people without their knowledge.
Knowing everyone's every move is done covertly through the NSA.
The lines between Nazi Germany and free America seem to be fading......and growing more similar every day.
What Germany did openly, America has been doing covertly for decades.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Some people might laugh at you for bringing up Corporatacracy but I won't!

Just another example is that new police scanner unit that is being talked about being given to police departments that intercepts cell phone calls and stores information. When people request information on the systems the police refuse to give any, due to they signed a confidentiality agreement with who? The company whom made it!

Sadly, I think your right. Our government is bought and paid for by Corporations and Banks. They no longer represent "The People".

When you think of a revenue stream, taxes made us humans a cash cow to the government. Now that they sold our jobs out to overseas markets. The milk has dried up and can no longer supply their addiction. Thus they now bow down to the corporations whom now hold the money!

I could be very wrong, but that is my analysis of what is taking place......

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The USA may be reprising the role of Nazis in WW3.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Well this news just enraged me. Yes, how dare the general public be told what's being pumped into the ground around them.

edit on 20-5-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

First corporations sell you something you need.
Next they sell you something you probably don't need but want.
Then they sell you something you really don't want but it's better than other alternatives.
Then they sell you something you want but it kills you.
Then they force the proles to buy things the elites want (we are here)
Then they sell elites things to hunt and kill the proles

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

IMO, the most important thing to note about this revelation is contained within the first three words of the thread title and the source article linked therein.

Those words are; "N.C. Republicans want..."

I doubt seriously that you could find more than a handful of Democrats nationwide who would support legislation such as this and more often than not, Democrats are screaming for just the opposite, which is public disclosure of those fracking chemicals.

Wake up America and recognize who is actually promoting this type of lunacy!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: nugget1

The USA may be reprising the role of Nazis in WW3.

If you had stated " The USA has been reprising the role of Nazis since WW3 ended, I would agree with you 100%.

edit on 2u99America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I doubt seriously that you could find more than a handful of Democrats nationwide who would support legislation such as this and more often than not, Democrats are screaming for just the opposite, which is public disclosure of those fracking chemicals. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do believe that you are mistaking Dems/Reps for two separate entities. They are not; it's the old 'good cop/ bad cop' routine, with the same end goal.
It has been very effective at dividing and herding people for aeons.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sadly this information will soon be buried in yet another round of recycled Benghazi conspiracy threads and threads about how Whites are slowly being enslaved by Obama.

This information should be available to everyone.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I do believe that you are mistaking Dems/Reps for two separate entities. They are not; it's the old 'good cop/ bad cop' routine, with the same end goal.

If what you're saying had an ounce of truth to it, we'd be seeing Democrats standing up supporting this legislation, but we don't now do we? Or, maybe you could just provide me with a list of Democrats supporting this bill and prove me wrong.

That argument is for idiot Republicans who are disgruntled with their own elected representatives and far too tribal to even consider that the other side's position is right. Therefore, they promote the idea that "throwing them all out" is the only possible remedy. What an absolute joke!

The differences between the two parties has never been more evident than they are today and to deny that fact is just plain delusional.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I grew up in an era where Hitler's Nazi regime was still an open wound of the worlds' most evil time. I could never understand America giving refuge to Germany's top scientists after the evils they had done...the horrible experiments on people...and the total control over peoples' every move.
Experimenting on people without their permission by force has been replaced by experimenting on people without their knowledge.
Knowing everyone's every move is done covertly through the NSA.
The lines between Nazi Germany and free America seem to be fading......and growing more similar every day.
What Germany did openly, America has been doing covertly for decades.

Exactly, the US brought the scientists back here so they could be used for the same thing they were doing for the Nazi ...keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. (And use them for your own purposes if you can)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
After easing over the Bill. Its about creating a Oil and Gas Commission and a Mining Commission and the setup of both and the regulatory issues of both Oil and Gas and Mining, yes there is a section on Trade Secrets and the unlawful disclosure of such but every state has a Oil and Gas Commission and a Mining Commission. to regulate what goes on in the field and in the board rooms.

This bill is actually a good idea.

It spells out under the FOIA that the Trade Secrets can and will be reveled and the Oil and Gas Commission will already have the Trade secrets to monitor them and that if there is a environmental, human or any other incident all the Fire officials and health personnel will have the Trade Secret anyways

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brit-Tex

This bill is actually a good idea.

It spells out under the FOIA that the Trade Secrets can and will be reveled and the Oil and Gas Commission will already have the Trade secrets to monitor them and that if there is a environmental, human or any other incident all the Fire officials and health personnel will have the Trade Secret anyways

Good idea? Perhaps you should read your own signature.

Here's a reminder....

Never accept what they say when you want the to get to the bottom of a situation follow the money

Corporations don't have the greatest record of keeping the safety of the consumer in mind.

www.cleanwateraction.org...
edit on 20-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

The differences between the two parties has never been more evident than they are today and to deny that fact is just plain delusional.

Both like interfering internationally
Both like debt and out of control spending
Both like drones
Both ignore the constitution
Both support the patriot act
Both have supported Guantanamo bay
Both are pro bankers
Both have high amounts of lobbying

Need I go on?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Brit-Tex

I don't think I understand. If there is a formula that is safe for fracking, why doesn't the owner patent it so that the world can benefit?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If what you're saying had an ounce of truth to it, we'd be seeing Democrats standing up supporting this legislation, but we don't now do we? Or, maybe you could just provide me with a list of Democrats supporting this bill and prove me wrong.

That argument is for idiot Republicans who are disgruntled with their own elected representatives and far too tribal to even consider that the other side's position is right. Therefore, they promote the idea that "throwing them all out" is the only possible remedy. What an absolute joke!

It goes like this: whenever monied interests want something that the people don't want, the majority party supports it and the minority party appears to oppose it. That way, the money gets what it wants, and the illusion of representation of the people is still preserved. Republicans in NC support fracking because they are the majority there, however, Democrats in CA support fracking in their state.

CA Democrats pass pro-fracking bill

The main reason that Democratic legislators unanimously voted for SB4 was the overwhelming support for the bill by city and county officials, the Los Angeles County Democratic Party Central Committee, and even U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein. Reports that the oil and gas industry had undermined the bill’s original intent did not stop Democrats from voting for it.

Remember back during the Bush years when the Republicans held the reigns? Democrats opposed torture then. Now that Democrats are in charge, you hardly hear a peep about it.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Both like interfering internationally
Both like debt and out of control spending
Both like drones
Both ignore the constitution
Both support the patriot act
Both have supported Guantanamo bay
Both are pro bankers
Both have high amounts of lobbying

Need I go on?

Only one denies climate change.
Only one favors fossil fuels to green energy.
Only one is against marriage equality.
Only one is against a woman's right to choose.
Only one is intent on making it harder to vote in every way possible.
Only one stood behind Cliven Bundy.
Only one has Benghazi for breakfast everyday while continually voting to cut State Dept. funding.
Only one has "Birthers."
Only one wants to eliminate Medicare as we know it.
Only one wants to eliminate the EPA.
Only one wants to eliminate the Dept. of Education.
Only one is calling for jail time for disclosure of what they're pumping in the ground.

Do I really have to go on?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

And I could give you a list of crap things the democrats have done.

But that would send the thread off topic.

~Either way both party's are a word that begins with S and ends in T

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Maybe we should all just start buying more beer and stay drunk all the time we are off of work. If TPTB won't let us correct the problems than what can we do about it, they make the laws that govern us. They aren't going to allow changes that negatively effect their lives voluntarily either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join