It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The apprentice, if you had the chance what would you like to master.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What if you had all the time in the world, no wories about nothing and the chance to learn from the best. What skill or trade would you like to learn and make your living with.... or not?

Would it not be a dream come true to be a clown in a traveling circus and joggle with flaming torches? Not for me but I am sure someone does.. No my dream would be making excellent acoustic and electric guitars in a woodshop. If I could only be an apprentice and work with the best..

Although some master teachers can be real terrible people to work with I would not mind to learn from them for as long as it takes. The other day I watched a master chef delegate his kitchen... wow, what a real crude prick this guy was but his motivated students and other workforce where happy to be around him.

I am curious what your dream profession would be..

edit on 20/5/2014 by zatara because: of grammar

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Nice topic. S&F. For me, it would be guitar. I've always wanted to learn and I even bought a decent acoustic a few years back. However, with three kids in sports year round, I've found it hard to spend time learning to play. I would love to take at least a solid year to learn from a master. No rockstar aspirations, just want to play for me.

Second, I would love to learn carpentry. I love woodwork and I do plan on getting the right tools and learning on my own. I would like to build stuff around my house like bookshelves, wainscoting, etc...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I've always been fascinated with blacksmithing. Whenever we went to some historic village as a kid, the first place I'd go is the blacksmith. I could have sat there all day watching him pound and mold iron into useful things.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

If it was any trade I would have loved to go into vetinarian work.

Unfortunately most of my skills lye in mechanical systems and building structures.

Cheers

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hmm.. tough choice few things that wouldnt mind learning yet as learning is lifelong ..
Among them learning to pilot a helicopter .. studying swordmaking the traditional way under one of the few swordmakers left in japan ..

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Languages. I hate it when I can't read something because it's in some foreign language.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It would have to be gun smithing or tattooing for me. I would still love to be able to tattoo and think that I might look more seriously into it once my daughter is grown and gone.

S&F It's always nice to see that folks never stop dreaming regardless of age or wealth.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have been called a modern Renascence man or an extreme hobbiest. I speak 2 languages fluently and a 3rd I can read and write and I have started learning a 4th harder Asian language. I have done many things Blown glass, Network Administration/Computers/programing, Architecture, mechanic, Robotics, Photography, Astronomy, Drawing, Survivalist, Farming and more. I do not tend to call someone to fix things, instead I learn how to do it myself! I love the access we have to knowledge and I love to build my skills!

However I have never picked up musical instrument and I would love to do that!
edit on 20-5-2014 by abeverage because: of details...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Music.....

I started out in music at the university but changed to a more practical major. I have regretted that decision ever since.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Pipe fitting, those dudes make bank. Father in law was making 52 bucks an hour, gets to travel all over the place. I want to be able to provide for my family. Sick of living paycheck to paycheck!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I'd learn how to play a guitar while drumming with my elbows, blowing a harmonica and playing a keyboard with my toes.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'd become a polyglot (master of languages). That would be incredible.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'd like to be loved by an incredible wealthy, beautiful and honest woman. So I won't depend on making money.
I will get to do what I want, with the freedom to do something else at all times.

Becoming a master in something, isn't a priority, just enough to understand everything else I'm interested in.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Hmm.. tough choice few things that wouldnt mind learning yet as learning is lifelong ..
Among them learning to pilot a helicopter .. studying swordmaking the traditional way under one of the few swordmakers left in japan ..

Yes, being able to make a traditional Katana is something I would love to learn. And flying a plane is also on my list.. Sometimes I wish if I could only live for some 400 years or so...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Evenin',

The forgotten art of Icky Thump.

-Peace-

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I've always wished I knew how to create artwork, especially digitally. That and being some sort of super-hacker.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eryiedes
Evenin',

The forgotten art of Icky Thump.

-Peace-

Ahhh... the art about feeling positive and being alive, taking deep breaths and just being really happy?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Classical composer, a la Mozart

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Oh this one is easy: glass blowing. I've always wanted to learn how to do it, and it's such a beautiful but rare art these days.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Classical composer, a la Mozart

That's a douzy.... I mean something within your abilities. Or are you a latent talent and a musical genius? There are so many professions I would like to be in the top of the world. Mathematics, Chemistry, astrophysics... and so on. But unfortunately I do not have the natural talent to persue such a goal in life.

top topics

join