It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children posessed by 200 demons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Perhaps but i think excorcisms in various religions work because the will to resist itself seperates the demon from its host. Not so much the wording in the holy books. And that would imply there is no right or wrong religion. In theory the alien abduction phenomena or greys are demonic too. Well not that i am sold on that idea but its possible since there is a metaphysical high strangeness associated with it. Since they seem to get peole while sleeping often. Same with shadow people. Could be one and the same maybe maybe not. But there are negative forces at play there is no doubt about it.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What I have found that a large number of people will dismiss claims that defy what has currently been proven, even if scientifically speaking such a thing cannot be disproven. Yet countless times such individuals have had their belief systems turned upside down because they finally experienced one of the things they never believed in. Take a case like the one described in this thread, where initially nobody believes the children, and then slowly a doctor or nurse will believe because they witnessed these things with their own eyes.

Now it seems to me that the problem here is the fact that so many people are still willing to claim something does not or cannot exist, despite the fact there are a multitude of people telling them that they have experienced this firsthand. It is a trust issue in my opinion. Are humans so distrusting that they cannot believe the words of thousands upon thousands of credible eyewitnesses?

Once so many people have reported seeing something, especially when those claims align, the chances that all of them are lying, hallucinating, etc., is so minute as to be non-existent. As some of you know my main area of research involves bigfoot. I know, through personal experience, that such an animal exists. At least I know one of them exists, because that is the one I witnessed. But I believe there are more out there, simply because that one animal cannot account for the tens of thousands of sightings that have occurred through the decades. Yet I believed in the animal, and had even started researching it slightly, before my encounter. So it was simply validation.

I make this same argument, regarding believing the claims of others in high numbers when the reports match quite closely, regarding bigfoot, but it can be applied to anything that is reported in large numbers. I cannot recall the details offhand, but there was a mathematical exercise done to calculate the chances that all the witnesses who have reported seeing bigfoot were wrong, either hoaxing, were hoaxed, misidentified another animal, etc., and the results showed that it is much more likely the people are telling the truth and that such an animal exists, rather than so many people filing such similar sighting reports. That was the gist of it anyway.

Now I do not know how many people report possessions every year, and I will happily admit that the symptoms of possession could be mirrored by an actual medical condition. So I will not say that my argument definitely holds for cases like this. But it is something to consider. If thousands of people are reporting cases of possession, and numerous eyewitnesses have seen a person climb up a wall, or do something that otherwise would be physically impossible, then I think a normal medical condition can be ruled out. Last time I checked there was no medical condition which possessed a symptom called "defying gravity."

So the only other argument that someone could use to dismiss this case would be that everyone who reported seeing such an act is lying or was hoaxed. Perpetrating a hoax of this nature in a medical setting would seem exceedingly difficult, especially if done by a child; so difficult as to be unlikely. That leaves the explanation that this never occurred because everyone who said it did is lying. I don't know who all saw these things in this particular case, but if a number of respectable, professional individuals witnessed it, and will testify to that fact, then the chances of them lying are slim. But it is not impossible.

What makes it nearly impossible, or highly unlikely, is when there are multiple cases of this nature, each of which have such witnesses to verify them. When such cases number into the thousands, the chances of what they say being untrue is so small that it makes more sense that they're telling the truth. In fact, at least I know this is true of the bigfoot phenomenon, and may be true here as well, is that if so many people are making this stuff up, then there is STILL something worthy of scientific study going on here, because that is not natural. A psychologist would have a field day.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I think the difficult thing for people to grasp is that these experiences are impossible to explain in terms that a person who's never seen, heard or felt to properly understand.

It's like riding a bike, you can read a boom or watch a video but only sitting on one and pedalling it for yourself will give you the full sensory experience.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

In my experience no words were spoken by anyone. I did not have a traditional exorcism at all.

I was part of a crowd of a few thousand at Marcellin College, New Zealand n Feb 1993. The visionary Icpvan Dragicevic from Medjugorje was there talking and there was a sign un the sky. We all saw it and miracles started spontaneously happening among the crowd. A kid near me started singing. Dont know what te go was but his parents were crying and thanking God. I assume he was deaf or mute or something because he was just sitting there silently before that. I felt the demon leave me at the same time and my mother was repeating over and over 'the sun, can you see it?' In the sort of tone a little kid uses when they get what they want fr christmas. She was referring to what looked like a wavy rainbow that was straight, not round in a perfectly clear sky on a day that had no rain as well as the green tinge the sun had taken on.

Yeah, it was a crazy day and after that (at 6 pm mass) even crazier things happened.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As for the title of the post, who counted the "200 demons?"

My whole problem with this subject matter isn't whether things termed demons exist, I know disembodied intelligence (rather, beings with no visible bodies that seem to fade in and out of this reality) exist... but my argument is we know next to nothing about them and putting them into a religious context is dogmatic.

I've run into nasty things I have no problem calling "demons" in the spirit of communication, but the finer points and religious context is missing in that term for me.

Arbitrarily assuming they play for one or another cosmic team seems silly and counter to most of my experience in the physical realm. People who are presently embodied are good and bad, depending on the day, their environment and experience, and blood sugar. Why couldn't spirit beings be the same?

Ascribing terms like holy or unholy just muddies the water and might just result in one's expectations being met.

But, I find this weird in that such things do have a certain reality to them... and I've found that these things are interested in us, and our emotions, and thus maybe we are important to them.. as food? Entertainment? Don't know, but that's the point... all we really have are guesses.

I would venture that our consciousness and wills effect our environments more than we (mostly) know... and that we are under surveillance, sometimes at least, by beings without physical bodies as we understand them... but anything else is conjecture and could be right, or very wrong.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

HIPPA. Patient Privacy is HUGE in an emergency room.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
As for the title of the post, who counted the "200 demons?"

My whole problem with this subject matter isn't whether things termed demons exist, I know disembodied intelligence (rather, beings with no visible bodies that seem to fade in and out of this reality) exist... but my argument is we know next to nothing about them and putting them into a religious context is dogmatic.

I've run into nasty things I have no problem calling "demons" in the spirit of communication, but the finer points and religious context is missing in that term for me.

Arbitrarily assuming they play for one or another cosmic team seems silly and counter to most of my experience in the physical realm. People who are presently embodied are good and bad, depending on the day, their environment and experience, and blood sugar. Why couldn't spirit beings be the same?

Ascribing terms like holy or unholy just muddies the water and might just result in one's expectations being met.

But, I find this weird in that such things do have a certain reality to them... and I've found that these things are interested in us, and our emotions, and thus maybe we are important to them.. as food? Entertainment? Don't know, but that's the point... all we really have are guesses.

I would venture that our consciousness and wills effect our environments more than we (mostly) know... and that we are under surveillance, sometimes at least, by beings without physical bodies as we understand them... but anything else is conjecture and could be right, or very wrong.

Demons and their heavenly opposite, angels do exist. There is also the third class of human spirits (ghosts) as well. A ghost is just a dead human who has not passed over for whatever reason. Demons infest i.e. they try to force their way in and only cause harm.

Angels to my knowledge don't come into a person, but the holy spirit does. It will only do so upon invitation and only when a person is pure of heart and free from mirtal (bad and repetitive) sin.

The flip side to the demon stories like in the OP article I posted is miracles, healings, apparitions, locutions and all manner if heavenly miracles and yes, I've. Seen them too. It is only confusing if one enters the realm f all f this with no spiritual knowledge. Its no different than picking up and trying to read a book in a language you don't speak. You can learn to understand what is on those pages or you can look at it as unintelligibe and confusing garble.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

A ghost is just a dead human who has not passed over for whatever reason. Demons infest i.e. they try to force their way in and only cause harm.

A 'ghost' is not necessarily a human soul. Through the will of God (human) poor souls who are in purgatory may come to living humans for prayer and or Holy mass. Once prayer or Holy Mass has been done then asking that the poor soul be sent to away from the house to a neutral place as to not violate their free will but to also keep the home peaceful. Poor souls are pretty easy to deal with. A demon may escalate to the next level.

Demons also love to interact, very often verbally - this is not so with poor souls requesting prayer. So it's always best to be cautious and not casually trust any form spirit, remember to "test the spirits".

originally posted by: markosity1973Angels to my knowledge don't come into a person, but the holy spirit does.

Gods angels can come to a person through Gods will alone.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lonewolf2

Yes, those are the Catholic teachings and I personally believe them. I was talking more in general terms as when you get too specificsomeone always comes along to challenge with a different viewpoint.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That sounds like a lot of demons.

There are many things we do not understand that take place everyday. The universe if full of mysteries.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I heard that there is a youtube video that you watch and you get possessed at the end of the video. IS THIS POSSIBLE? I have not watched it and never will, but it has alot of views tho.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I am sorry to hear you remain catholic. I would try and gently tell you to run as fast as you can. God is not in the Catholic religion. It is why there is so many pedophiles and sex abusing priests. Confessing to a man does nothing my friend. Jesus says there is only one way to the father and that is through him. S salvation can only be gained one way, through the grace and sacrifice of Jesus.

Simply repent of your sins, both those known and unknown, and ask for forgiveness. Now acknowledge that Jesus is your lord and savior, forsaking all others, invite Jesus into your heart as your lord and savior. Understanding he has promised he will come into your heart and make you a new saved man with his name in the lambs book of life.

That is all you have to do to become save and for god to change your life. I hope you say that prayer and set yourself free in the spirit. He will never forsake you or leave you.

The bor

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
is it possible to get possessed by a demon on video off the internet?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I know the video, but cannot remember the title. No, i did not see it and will never ever see it. I wonder if that movie was ever based on that video. That creepy movie with the girl comming out of the well.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

So the answer is to become a non believer of religious superstition and it all just goes away... sounds good to me!!

How come you never hear of an atheist complaining that his house is haunted?...do they just put up with it? LOL!!!

Stop believing in non SENSE and it goes away... amazing...or let your religiously indoctrinated mind scare yourself silly...

your choice...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
is it possible to get possessed by a demon on video off the internet?

Not likely unless a demon is nearby that just happens to be waiting. The video could contain subliminal information that leaves one vulnerable to attack though.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid

So the answer is to become a non believer of religious superstition and it all just goes away... sounds good to me!!

How come you never hear of an atheist complaining that his house is haunted?...do they just put up with it? LOL!!!

Stop believing in non SENSE and it goes away... amazing...or let your religiously indoctrinated mind scare yourself silly...

your choice...

You are if course welcome to your opinion. But I have met Atheists who have experienced these things. If there is one thing more terrifying than knowing what you are dealing with, it's having these experiences and having no idea at all what's going on.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dlbott

I am sorry to hear you remain catholic. I would try and gently tell you to run as fast as you can. God is not in the Catholic religion. It is why there is so many pedophiles and sex abusing priests. Confessing to a man does nothing my friend. Jesus says there is only one way to the father and that is through him. S salvation can only be gained one way, through the grace and sacrifice of Jesus.

So YOU say .....

Yes, there are bad priests. But I can show you just as many corrupt protestant clergy.

God is there in every Christian church. Accept it and deal with your anti Catholicism.
edit on 23-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

There are plenty of atheists out there who are not skeptics. I used to be one.

Being an atheist does not guarantee critical thinking.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

If there is one thing more terrifying than knowing what you are dealing with, it's having these experiences and having no idea at all what's going on.

I'm not saying people experience things they can't explain... but watching someone slide up a wall?... I'm sorry I"m calling Bullsh!t on that... if this is due to some "possession" by some "entity" ,... and it really is from some concept of "demons" that have been around for thousands of years if not more,... than there would be verifiable documentation by now... Heck, after the original exorcist movie religious fanatics have been trying to document the "possession" of someone and still haven't got it recorded in a way REASONABLE PEOPLE accept it as real...

And BTW,...
I am a very grounded person and like a lot of people experiencing something that they have no idea whats going on is WAY more comforting and INTERESTING than projecting superstition on to the event and freaking out over it...
like some native coming out of the jungle and seeing the moon for the first time and throwing rocks at it...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join