It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am cat-less! Now I need ATS members advice.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You should have the rugs shampood, febreze all upholstery, 8

Thanks.
I will not have to worry about that, as the basement that they were confined to is unfinished. I had some old carpet runners down there that have been thrown out now.
I will not miss having to fend off three cats trying to run into the house every time I opened the basement door!

Cats like you because you avoid them. If you want them to not like you, act like you like them next time. Direct eye contact is a challenge, and most will back away from it. It's when you practice eye avoidance that they see it as an invitation.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We use a molecule spray to get rid of pet odors at work.

I have no home remedies for it.

If you want though, I can find out where we get the stuff and maybe send you a link.

It really does work.
Have had several apartments where people had cats and had to get rid of cat urine smells.

edit on 20-5-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I love animals but always avoided having pets, and this is why.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you.. but I don't think it ever fully goes away.

BTW, you sir, are a saint.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

lol

For some things, for sure.

I had a leather jacket when I was a teenager that my moms cat sharpened it's claws on, and then pulled it onto the floor and peed on it. Over 20 years later, it still had that smell to it if it got wet.
Ruined it forever.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think you missed an opportunity. See if you can get them back and retrain them ... ATS Thread - Cat Finds 'Bag'

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I saw that!
They would need to bring me bags of gold or diamonds for me to reconsider having a cat.

As an update, I did place the pans of vinegar out and can tell a noticeable difference in the odor level. My children agreed that it smells better after only about 12 hours of time. I was surprised at the difference.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I had the place smelling pretty decent, and then....
I took my two younger children to their sister's high school graduation last night. When we got home, I smelled cat urine as soon as I walked inside.
I located the source this morning. It turns out that their mother had given two embroidered pillowcases (made by my mother) to my daughter to give back to me. My daughter had them in a bag since Tuesday, but took them out yesterday afternoon. The smell permeated the house in the three hours that we were out.

I can't imagine what it must smell like in her apartment. She has one bedroom, four rooms total if you include the small bath, and three cats, two being un-neutered males. Makes me want to retch thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

OMG she is sharing her happiness with you ! She might have lost her sense of smell tho..

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I had my adult daughter that is home from college go into the basement and take some deep breaths through her nose.

It passed her sniff test. She says it smelled good down there.

Thanks to all for your help!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join