It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the (tea) party over? Mainstream GOP turns back far right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
CNN is projecting a win for Mitch McConnell, apparently he did crush the tea party as he said he would:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

(CNN) -- It was billed as the day's marquee primary battle, but in the end it was an easy night for Mitch McConnell.

The five-term senator from Kentucky -- who's the top Republican in the chamber -- defeated tea party-backed challenger Matt Bevin in Tuesday's primary.

According to numbers compiled by The Associated Press, McConnell led Bevin 60%-36% with 97% of precincts reporting.

CNN

Mitch said in March he was gonna crush tea party candidates and he lived up to his word today crushing his opponent by a wide margin.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
As long as the two parties continue to sell the American people out. There will always be a Tea Party. It's the ying and the yang. There must be a balance. The harder they push the harder the people will push back.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

(CNN) -- It was billed as the day's marquee primary battle, but in the end it was an easy night for Mitch McConnell.

The five-term senator from Kentucky -- who's the top Republican in the chamber -- defeated tea party-backed challenger Matt Bevin in Tuesday's primary.

According to numbers compiled by The Associated Press, McConnell led Bevin 60%-36% with 97% of precincts reporting.

CNN

Mitch said in March he was gonna crush tea party candidates and he lived up to his word today crushing his opponent by a wide margin.

It is humorous to see you cheering for a Republican.

All you Republicans should take note of this.
D's and R's are on the same team.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

a reply to: macman

Right, the tea party never called anyone a RINO? So its only the GOP your forcing them how to act or govern? Forcing them to all be conservative....

I'm forcing no one to act like anything.

**I** don't force others to act a certain way. That is left up to Progressives.

And what business is it of Progressives, to worry about what Tea Party members call GOP candidates?

Seems you and others sure do worry a lot about others from the opposite end, more so than worrying about yourself.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of performing your typical drive by posts, like in many others here on ATS, why not address posts directly to you, instead of worrying what names a GOP'er were called.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And it seems Mitch had to sing the Conservative Song just a wee bit to guarantee his victory.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

a reply to: macman

Right, the tea party never called anyone a RINO? So its only the GOP your forcing them how to act or govern? Forcing them to all be conservative....

I'm forcing no one to act like anything.

**I** don't force others to act a certain way. That is left up to Progressives.

And what business is it of Progressives, to worry about what Tea Party members call GOP candidates?

Seems you and others sure do worry a lot about others from the opposite end, more so than worrying about yourself.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of performing your typical drive by posts, like in many others here on ATS, why not address posts directly to you, instead of worrying what names a GOP'er were called.

Are you trying to force me to act a certain way like progressives do?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Nope, not at all.

I like it when Progressives show their true colors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join