It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House Finally Promised To Stop Using Polio Campaigns As Fronts For Spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well golly, I'm so glad to hear this. I mean, after all, it's not like it isn't a REAL BAD idea to use things like major global vaccination campaigns for Intelligence work and military targeting.

The White House has pledged to never again use polio vaccination campaigns as a front for CIA spying, as it infamously did during the 2011 search for Osama Bin Laden in polio-stricken Pakistan, Yahoo News reported Monday.

“I wanted to inform you that the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) directed in August 2013 that the agency make no operational use of vaccination programs, which includes vaccination workers,” Lisa Monaco, President Obama’s top counterterrorism and homeland security adviser, wrote in a May 16 letter to the deans of 12 public health schools, according to Yahoo News.

Whew... Sure glad they went and announced that for everyone. I'm sure no one will have any doubt as to the 100% pure honesty of the statement now. ..right?

The 2011 CIA operation further fanned the flames of distrust, leading many Pakistani parents to forgo vaccinations for polio and other ailments. Violence against medical workers, and the police officers guarding them, has killed 56 people between Dec. 2012 and May 2014.

In this climate, while polio basically has been wiped out worldwide, in Pakistan the disease has thrived; of the 77 documented new polio cases worldwide in 2014, 61 so far have been in Pakistan, and mostly in Taliban stronghold areas.
Source

It might also be a bit too late as the genie is squeezing back out of the bottle medical science had almost stuffed it back into on this one.

Way To Go! ...Err.. NOT! (sigh) Sometimes, we can be our own worst enemy.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Yeah, right

All they did was cross their fingers behind their back when they made that promise
Obama's track record on 'promises' isn't that great....just saying
Any 2nd grader can see that...LOL

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Whats that you say! They did what!! I simply can not believe they would ever do anything for humanitarian reason with an alterior motive, I mean this is Merica! Lol it is priceless, the arragonce of our countries alphabet agencies/leaders/average americans who thinks that things like USAID are actually out there helping people is quite unbelievable. People really should research the dirty side of multiple NGO's.

I mean really long ago the CIA should ceased to exist and all associated with it arrested. Must be the way they portray it through Hollywood that makes people think we need it. Seriously people lets gather our pitchforks!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amTuesday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

According to what i heard this morning on CNN, using the Doctor in Pakistan, who helped validate the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden using vaccinations as a cover, ended up being the cited cause of the Taliban killing several medical workers, because they (Taliban) thought the medical workers were spies. But, in he real world, anyone from the West is assumed to be a spy or at the very least untrustworthy by these types. And i don't think the Taliban need much excuse to kill anyone they don't like, or brand them or perhaps cut off useful body parts. It does seed doubt, but really... you have to put the blame on the Taliban/Al Queda types. They will kill you with very little compunction if given the chance. This was just an excuse.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
We all know what the White House promise is worth. Be it Obama or Bush43 ... Or Hillary or Jeb ... the promise is worthless. That goes for the promises from the Kremlin and Tehran and Pyongyang and Paris ... etc etc too. Not buying any of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is on Ron Paul's website now. That should help it gain some awareness of our government's deceit and careless attitude.
www.voicesofliberty.com...

top topics

join