It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China summons US envoy over cyberspying charges

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

BEIJING, May 20 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Defense Ministry spokesman Geng Yansheng on Tuesday said that China strongly opposes the U.S. Justice Department's indictment against five Chinese military officers.

The U.S. side announced the indictment against five Chinese military officers on allegations of cyber theft on May 19. China lodged protests with the U.S. side following the announcement, urging the U.S. side to immediately correct its mistake and withdraw the indictment, Geng said.

According to Geng, the position of the Chinese government on cyber security is consistent and clear-cut. China is steadfast in upholding cyber security. The Chinese government, the Chinese military and their relevant personnel have never engaged or participated in cyber theft of trade secrets. The U.S. accusation against Chinese personnel is groundless with ulterior motives.

Geng said the relevant U.S. institutions have long been involved in large-scale and organized cyber theft as well as wiretapping and surveillance activities against foreign political leaders, companies and individuals.

Geng said the U.S. side has adopted double standards on cyber security and the Chinese military is also a victim of cyber theft.

Xinhua Source

Can't tell China nothing...
Added to that the hypocrisy of America is just pushing boundaries now to see how far they can go...
& China is saying "not as far as this"...

This is all acting into Eastern hands to be honest...
Just when the US needed to keep China sweet incase something happens with Russia, they isolate themselves from the Worlds current superpower!!!

BTW...
The reason China is causing America to lose jobs is the 1.3 Trillion debt it wants back...
So don't blame China for the US's lack of economic stability!!!

Peace everybody!!!
edit on 20-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
Show me a flinch move:

War of 1812, Vietnam and likely Afghanistan come to mind.

No offense.

Well, I can say something about Viet Nam, considering my Dad was one of the first 100 Green Berets in US history (advisors) sent into Viet Nam between 1960-1963. You kind of played the wrong card on that one.

As far as Viet Nam or any war, I didn't say who won or lost, I said who "flinched"? The Us didn't flinch. As a matter of fact it was a matter originally of French Colonialism within Viet Nam, that the US carried out. We all know the reason for Viet Nam. I do, if you don't, then you need to research that war...not me. Certainly was not a flinch move.

Afghanistan, where and when did we flinch? Our peeps went in looking for that bad guy. If I remember history correct they found him. Doesn't matter where, they found his ass and buried him. Unfortunately, we're still there. No flinching on our part my friend.

War of 1812/Anglo-American War, you certainly are mistaken and mean issues that "remained after" the American War of Independence or the Revolutionary War or the military rebellion against Great Britain of Thirteen Colonies of 1775-1783 after we defeated the British...that war? Oh please! "After", that's the key word here and we never flinched. America declared war for a huge number of reasons prior to 1812. Well, they lost, not us...and here we are. It was a response to them trying that crap again. Again...the Brits lost. Somewhere along the way, they decided to side with us. You think about why.

Listen...with all due respect, flinching in the US, means you act like you're going to hit me and you don't, then I kick your ass for pretending. That's a flinch. The only time "America" has had to "react" to a declaration of "war" or "aggression" was when the Japanese hit Pearl Harbor. That's not even flinching. That's reacting to cowards simply put. Although IMO, outdone and overdone, I think we handled that one
911, is simply put a "nil", so don't go there. That was an act of terrorism.

But, then again, we did get Osama...Britain didn't get him nor anyone else
See where I'm going here, we may appear soft and creamy on the outside and we've always been tested as such, throughout our "American" history, not European history....that's some other stuff. Real historians know better.

So your feeble attempt to further "cream puff" the US is laughable at best. Maybe, we're comfortable being the "Cream Puff" guys...who knows.

Again, the question was "flinch".

Love Ya...Mean It

edit on 5/20/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That's soooooo funny. Do you really think that China will ever get that monopoly money back? Do you honestly think that China thinks they will ever get that fake ass money back?

Please...nice way to take a stand though

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
So State sponsored spying is great but, hang on, China is using State Sponsored spying. I can't really see the difference especially when you consider this sort of crap.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems to be a case of "If we do it it's OK, but if you do it, it's not."

P

That's the American political and law way of thinking and America actually think it right.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

That's pretty much what I said. The US certainly will not flinch...ever. All stuff, huff and puff.

Obviously, we're all entitled to our opinions, but your view of Americans is really bad. I can't repair that and won't attempt too...but, I hope you never need us wherever you are.

If you're an ex pat...no excuse for going the other route...ever (especially after my fathers story which you do not know but, I would share!) Go solo, your own way or whatever but opposite...just no! If you only knew what my father and so many others sacrificed as maybe you did, you would never speak otherwise about the US. That was only meant if you're an ex pat. If not, that statement is not meant for you and your opinion is unbiased.

You know...not me.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

So State sponsored spying is great but, hang on, China is using State Sponsored spying. I can't really see the difference especially when you consider this sort of crap.

P

That's the American political and law way of thinking and America actually think it right.

So are you on any side?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Because America is untouchable???

Aside from your hyperbolic examination of events...
China are getting the money back... Via workers and jobs and corporate interest!!!

You're clearly living in a pre-2000 alternate universe where America is the big dog...
Time for you to return to reality though!!!

I'm not taking a stand either, just stating facts!!!
1.3 trillion of them to be exact!!!
By the way it's payed back in Bonds if not workers and jobs, not Monopoly money!!!

If you are privy to insider info that says China is going to be shafted please share it, a source maybe...
Otherwise reality awaits your return!!!

You seem the sort of person to watch World Police: Team America and believe the hype...
Kim Yong Il died of old age mate, and his son has your leaders shaking in there boots, but keep isolating China and see how it goes!!!

You finding it funny with such an exaggerated "so" is irony at its fullest!!!
edit on 20-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

P

So are you on any side?

I'm on the side of reality. American policy has always been, do as we say, not as we do. I don't believe in truth, its only ones imagination. The American Indians imagined the "do as we say, not as we do" and didn't soak in until it was too late.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

, I said who "flinched"? The Us didn't flinch. As a matter of fact it was a matter originally of French Colonialism within Viet Nam, that the US carried out. We all know the reason for Viet Nam. I do, if you don't, then you need to research that war...not me. Certainly was not a flinch move.

USA withdrew from Vietnam before the job was done due to public pressure. Id call that flinching.

Afghanistan, where and when did we flinch? Our peeps went in looking for that bad guy. If I remember history correct they found him. Doesn't matter where, they found his ass and buried him. Unfortunately, we're still there. No flinching on our part my friend.

Negotiations with the Taliban? Talk about pulling out and leaving due to upsets with the current government? Flinching

War of 1812/Anglo-American War, you certainly are mistaken

No Im defiantly talking about 1812.

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1 "After", that's the key word here and we never flinched. America declared war for a huge number of reasons prior to 1812. Well, they lost, not us

In what universe did the UK lose 1812?

USA was the attacker

UK was the defender

UK managed to keep the status quo and deny any US war goels. As a defender keeping the status quo is a victory.

At the very least it was a draw. and that's being generous.

...and here we are. It was a response to them trying that crap again. Again..

Trying what crap? USA was the attacker and the aggressor, UK was focusing on other issues like Napoleon at the time.

The only time "America" has had to "react" to a declaration of "war" or "aggression" was when the Japanese hit Pearl Harbor. That's not even flinching. That's reacting to cowards simply put.

Japanese cowards?

Japanese in WW2 were a lot of thing but certainly not cowards!

What Xenophobic hogwash. Cause they attacked you they are cowards?

But, then again, we did get Osama...Britain didn't get him nor anyone else :up

Actually the French nearly got him and the USA kept interfering. He could of been caught far sooner if not for USA bumbling interference.

: See where I'm going here,

Not really no

throughout our "American" history, not European history....that's some other stuff.

What arrogant ignorant BS

Real historians know better.

Real historians look at both sides of history and make there own conclusions as they know that the crap the state spew out is like propaganda BS. History is all about wading through the BS. And mainstream US history book are only second to north Korea in regards to being a joke.
So your feeble attempt to further "cream puff" the US is laughable at best. Maybe, we're comfortable being the "Cream Puff" guys...who knows.

Phew long post we may be getting abit off topic here.....again we really need a history forum!
edit on 20-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If the US gove really wanted to end Chinas career, then all they'd have to do is stop loading shelves with everything 'made in china'. Build factories in America and lets make all these things ourselves. Can you imagine how maqny good jobs there would be? We could end china really easy. All this between china and America is just an act that many people will believe.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
If the US gove really wanted to end Chinas career, then all they'd have to do is stop loading shelves with everything 'made in china'. Build factories in America and lets make all these things ourselves. Can you imagine how maqny good jobs there would be? We could end china really easy. All this between china and America is just an act that many people will believe.

boy do you live in disney land
have you ever been to europe, south america or even africa. america is peanuts when it comes to exports from china, the biggest ship in world goes to europe with chinese exports. americans , hmm , chinese has the worlds largest economy, not america. once again americans think they are king because they are number one. did you know even in japan "ford" sells their cars with ford name on it, yet made in japan. americans are so behind times

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I was expecting such an event to occur pretty soon. Thanks for the info! S&F mate.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Since when does US law apply to people outside their country.

)

I know right?

In the UK the USA kidnap and extradite British citizen at there whim for US crimes that are not illegal in the UK and whose actions were done in the UK.

We are waiting to see list of "Kidnap"victims and their crimes that we must spend thousands of dollars"Whimsically"extraditing.
You manage to make these idiotic claims in every thread regardless of topic without provable source,I.e.b/s.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well....you certainly spoke loud and clear. As for me speaking frankly (I really despise the word hyperbolic), and honestly, it doesn't really matter whether I have insider information or not, now does it? Look, I've traveled the world more times than you...I can assure you of that...I would bet my life on it. I don't claim to have "insider information" whatsoever, nor am I on Team America the way you put it, that's our soldiers job. It's pretty clear that all of our soldiers are "Team America". Am I an American? Yes, I'm a proud American in fact. Do I love my country, well, yes of course...dearly. Do I love my planet yes...I love the place where we all as humans reside more than anything, especially America. This country has been exceptionally good to me. Treated me and my family quite well in fact.

What I don't love is China...simply put! They have been had. Sold on a fairytale of buying up Park Place and Boardwalk...since we're now speaking in terms of Monopoly money. That's just what the Chinese got. Will they ever achieve Park Place and Boardwalk, no. If you think this is possible or has happened, then your wrong. Have they bought lots of stuff yes, but a lot no! There's an entire group of people they can never get here in America. Yes, believe it or not...Native Americans. Sounds silly huh? laughable even right? Wrong! They don't sell out and they hold huge stakes of land that the Chinese would love to get their hands on. Will Natives sell? I guess I should admit anything is possible. BUT, will it happen...probably not. Most definitely not.

The intellectual property trade secrets, blueprint and email thefts just to name a few of Westinghouse, USS, ALCOA, SolarWorld, ATI and the United Steel Workers and Nuclear Power Plants just to name a few will not go unanswered. China bit off more than they can chew. This is no laughing matter...this is not a joke...this will not be swept up under the rug. If they don't right this situation, they will find themselves back in the jade ages once again with no one to trade with. Rest assures that will happen.

That's that. I'm done and I gotta go.

Take Care,

Take Care,
TPE

You'll see

Listen, I'm no inexperienced say whatever fits person. I know nothing mostly, but what I do know, is that China is buying up plenty across the world, not just the US. China's buying up even in major parts of S. Africa where my family owns property. Is it okay...yes, is it fair...well, yes. However, the way they're doing it is not ok. As far as me needing a reality call...that's a no go. Of course I will become wiser as I grow...but, in the present. I know what I'm talking about.

I'm not obligated to mention a source. For all you know, I may be the source! What I do know, is that China overstepped its boundary severely with the US in this instance. What I have said will not be retracted...here or anywhere else. If you disagree, you're more than entitled. Yet, history will paint a much different picture than what you foresee.

This is a setup...it's all a farce. Like, I said to another poster in this thread...please don't pretend the US is all of a sudden "inept". That would be a huge mistake to even imagine and an uncalculated step to embark upon. There are hackers in the US or hacking of the US Government and its agencies representing many countries including China. The issue at hand with China is that, China dropped their pants once caught. Could the US have done a better job in monitoring...maybe.

Nevertheless, like I said about the supposed "debt". If you or China or anyone else thinks that China or any other nation holds a financial burden over the US is just laughable...laughable at best. The US prints money...that's it. If China really wants their money, they're gonna have to come get it. Unfortunately, that will be impossible. Incredibly impossible on US soil.

I personally, am full aware what China is buying up. I have at least three interest in the same areas, so I personally know. I was already in these areas. Oh, I forgot one, so that makes four areas. They're not all in the US nor or all of China's interests for good. As a US citizen, I pay attention to many things in names sake. Just like the Chinese have pride, so do Americans. I even stated earlier, that I'm no bully, but I recognize and understand bully tactics. China is trying to bully the US right now.

Not gonna work...never gonna work...never gonna happen and their never gonna get paid "IF" they continue to hide or conspire. Again, I think you know as does everyone else around the world knows, the US is not inept in its duties...its place and/or its security and it never will be. The fact that it's all of a sudden Rah...Rah...Rah...Go China, is admirable at best. Yet and still, who's the strong arm for China? Who's going to be the collector? China? I don't think so. The Chinese can act as brave as Joan Van Ark, if they choose. The can attempt to become Stalin or Hitler in fact. The fact remains...there are over 360 million adult Americans. Let's just say that half of said Americans may fold under pressure. Fine. But...the others will not and those are the ones packing. Packing so hard it would make your head do at least a 720.

So am I worried about China...no. China invading America demanding payment...Hell no. China owning America...nope. Will it ever happen, nope. Is it happening...well, China thinks so. But that's the end of that fairy tale. So I toned it down to reply to you.

However, everything I stated...I still believe. China sending their rats to get their cheese...nope, it's all a rouse and not gonna happen...ever.! They'll never see that money...ever. Even if US/China relationships are good, they'll never get that fake money back. China knows it, that's why they committed espionage...theft and they hacked. That's enough evidence for the US not to pay.

The US may be young by Chinese standards, but the US will invest a lot to keep America safe. China has been bamboozled, had...hoodwinked even!

Have you thought of this? Ever? Have you ever given a second or third thought to any other possibility outside if your current one? If not, you better get to thinking.

I may have come across as crass or even brash, but the truth is the truth and the truth is out there and it's not what you think it is.

PS
You should search more. This is all about money!!! This isn't about any trade secrets or the sorts. Well, it is but only due to monetary gain and who has a leg up. China's not legging up no matter what they purport.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I want to make it clear I think the USA should take action. It there rights.

But not in the embarrassing pathetic display.

They have a $100 billion organization that was set up exactly for this. They should stop there domestic spying and start gunning for China, maybe the public approval for the NSA will take a better turn then!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

We are waiting to see list of "Kidnap"victims and their crimes that we must spend thousands of dollars"Whimsically"extraditing.
You manage to make these idiotic claims in every thread regardless of topic without provable source,I.e.b/s.

Unfair US Extridtion

A thread detailing certain cases with sources.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I had a hard time getting past the first name in the indictment, Wang Dong (pun intended
)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
China just needs to get with the program. If you want to cyber-spy on America and get away with it just do what other nations do that cyber-spy on us buy our politicians.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Some people here are so hellbent on wanting to hurt the US they can't think clearly. As I pointed out the Chinese have destroyed thelives of MILLIONS of Americans. They don't care about that though.

LOL

China didn't take your industry; your industry packed up and left the USA to set up production with a much cheaper labour force.

Variable labour (aka wages) dictates the profit margin. Capitalists exploit the labour power of workers to maximize profit of the commodity. American corporations outsource labour to developing regions of the world to exploit cheap labour so they can maximize profit within the USA.

Americans lose jobs, which is perfect for capitalists because financial capitalists hand out credit to profit off the long-term struggle of the lives of Americans.

The American government wins because the American people are so busy trying to stay afloat that they have little chance of rebelling collectively.

China wins because Chinese workers produce most American commodities- China, which was once communist and is well versed in Marxist philosophy, knows full well that this ultimately means that they control the means of American production.

And the best part is that Americans like yourself blame China for producing your commodities, as if the Chinese government was scheming this up. Well guess what? Welcome to capitalism. This competition is a function of capitalist empires. This is all part of the game under the dictation of the "free market", which American financial theorists themselves have pioneered.

So it's quite pathetic to blame China for the strategic failures of your own government. Your government trusts transnational corporations when TNCs are bound by law to always seek profit for shareholders. This profit momentum separates American corporations from their national obligations.

And you are on board with blaming China for stealing American industrial secrets? HAH! Thanks to your own corporations, China has the production infrastructure and capability to dominate your economy. All they have to do is expel foreign owners of factories in China and change the logos. And what will your corporations do then? Where would your economy be then?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join