It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama Take a Pay Cut Like He Promised?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Remember last year when Obama promised he would take a 5% pay cut by "writing" a check back to the government every month because he felt "guilty" about federal employees taking furloughs and he wanted to be "in solidarity" ?

Well naturally his tax returns reflect no such pay cut (might be illegal to cut his pay "officially").

But now the White House is apparently *Silent* on the subject.

I would imagine they need extra time to somehow "produce" the cancelled checks eh?

I bet Obama and the "Staff" shrugged it off a long time ago and simply assumed nobody would call the bluff.

Was this just another lie to add to the long list?

Maybe there's some "extra" charity donations on his tax return from last year ?

The White House is refusing to confirm whether President Barack Obama followed up on his pledge to take a five percent pay cut due to sequestration last year.

Obama promised last April to take a 5 percent pay cut in “solidarity” with federal employees who were furloughed as a result of the automatic budget cuts, known as the sequester. The cut was meant to equate to the level of spending cuts imposed on nondefense federal agencies.

“The president has decided that to share in the sacrifice being made by public servants across the federal government that are affected by the sequester, he will contribute a portion of his salary back to the Treasury,” a White House official said at the time.

Did the President Take a Pay Cut Like He Promised? White House Won’t Say

edit on May-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh...oh....I know *raises hand*
He didn't know about it until he saw it on the news....er, I mean he didn't remember the promise until it made the news

He probably made the promise knowing full well that he couldn't actually go forward with it

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
That doesn't surprise me at all,once a liar always a liar

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
He obviously misspoke.

We all obviously misunderstood.

We were misinformed by the MSM.

The speech writers erred.

It's a multiple choice question. All of the above answers may or may not be used by the Obama administration to back peddle without having to actually address said misstatement.

** Warning - By checking any of the above answers you are testifying that you are indeed... a right wing racist with a despicable agenda of actually expecting this administration to be "transparent" and honest.

edit on 5/20/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Who cares? He is lameduck president on his way out and the amount paid to the position of President is peanuts. Dont bother rearranging deck-chairs on the Titanic when there are real problems that need fixing.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The guys lied so many times there's no reason to believe he would tell the truth on something like this

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

He didn't know about it until he saw it on the news....er, I mean he didn't remember the promise until it made the news

He probably made the promise knowing full well that he couldn't actually go forward with it

No your answer is incomplete. The reason Obama didn't know about his own promise that he made is because of the Republicans and George Bush. He inherited this problem with his administration and because of all the economic problems, Obama wasn't able to hold up his promise.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Come-On,,,, If Obama Kept This Promise and they were called on it, They'd have Every Checked Laid Out, for all the news channels to video and show How Great Obama is

They Don't Have One Check From That Lying P O S!!!!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
Come-On,,,, If Obama Kept This Promise and they were called on it, They'd have Every Checked Laid Out, for all the news channels to video and show How Great Obama is

They Don't Have One Check From That Lying P O S!!!!

I'm waiting for the .pdf files to be published on the White House website !!

Then we can "vet" and "verify" LOL

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I would imagine they need extra time to somehow "produce" the cancelled checks eh?

They are being printed up with the rest of the documentation from his past that had to be fabricated.
Oh yes I said it! (half kidding)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No your answer is incomplete. The reason Obama didn't know about his own promise that he made is because of the Republicans and George Bush. He inherited this problem with his administration and because of all the economic problems, Obama wasn't able to hold up his promise.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: xuenchen

They are being printed up with the rest of the documentation from his past that had to be fabricated.
Oh yes I said it! (half kidding)

Jay Carney will simply say;

"The President didn't know he said that until he heard it on the news"

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Surely he can fix this with his pen and phone.

Deduct it, write the check, then give himself a temporary raise to offset the losses.

Everyone is happy.

lol
edit on 20-5-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yes you can't blame Bush because when he left office all the problems and policies he started just disappeared like magic.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
www.thepcmdgazette.com... wonder if the pay thing plays a small part in why hes apparently lawyering up with a top shark who defended presidents in scandals before or it could just be due to the variety of scandals hes had lately

Darryl Issa has reported that more criminal charges will be coming for the Obama administration, and it looks like President Obama is preparing for them – he has chosen to hire as White House Counsel Neil Eggleston, a renowned criminal defense attorney. The White House Dossier reports: Eggleston is the kind of guy you go to when someone tells you, “time to lawyer up.” He’s a veteran at cleaning up ethics messes for politicians, most notably Bill Clinton, whom he aided during the Whitewater probes and the Monica Lewinsky affair, double entendre intended. But that’s not nearly all. He represented Rahm Emanuel during the scandal surrounding former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, as well as Sen. Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) and George W. Bush political director Sara Taylor when scandals touched them, Clinton Cabinet members Federico Pena and Alexis Herman during corruption probes, and various business people involved in “complex criminal investigations” according to the New York Times.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yes you can't blame Bush because when he left office all the problems and policies he started just disappeared like magic.

Much Like Clinton's did?
But that's another Administration isn't it and we're talking about the Here and Now, Right?
Or do you prefer to live in the Past to feel better about the condition American's and our Economy is in Today?

Here is an article that fits this Administration to a T.
The “teenage” administration

Often, members of the Obama administration speak and, worse, think and act, like a bunch of teenagers. When officials roll their eyes at Vladimir Putin‘s seizure of Crimea with the line that this is “19th-century behavior,” the tone is not that different from a disdainful remark about a hairstyle being “so 1980s.” When administration members find themselves judged not on utopian aspirations or the purity of their motives—from offering “hope and change” to stopping global warming—but on their actual accomplishments, they turn sulky. As teenagers will, they throw a few taunts (the president last month said the GOP was offering economic policies that amount to a “stinkburger” or a “meanwich”) and stomp off, refusing to exchange a civil word with those of opposing views.
In a searing memoir published in January, former Defense Secretary Robert Gates describes with disdain the trash talk about the Bush administration that characterized meetings in the Obama White House. Like self-obsessed teenagers, the staffers and their superiors seemed to forget that there were other people in the room who might take offense, or merely see the world differently. Teenagers expect to be judged by intentions and promise instead of by accomplishment, and their style can be encouraged by irresponsible adults (see: the Nobel Prize committee) who give awards for perkiness and promise rather than achievement.
If the United States today looks weak, hesitant and in retreat, it is in part because its leaders and their staff do not carry themselves like adults. They may be charming, bright and attractive; they may have the best of intentions; but they do not look serious. They act as though Twitter and clenched teeth or a pout could stop invasions or rescue kidnapped children in Nigeria. They do not sound as if, when saying that some outrage is “unacceptable” or that a dictator “must go,” that they represent a government capable of doing something substantial—and, if necessary, violent—if its expectations are not met. And when reality, as it so often does, gets in the way—when, for example, the Syrian regime begins dousing its opponents with chlorine gas, as it has in recent weeks, despite solemn deals and red lines—the administration ignores it, hoping, as teenagers often do, that if they do not acknowledge a screw-up no one else will notice.

Whinner's
And Their Leader.

Sorry, MODS, didn't Really Want To Go So Far Off Topic Or Insult The Great One!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The Bush fanboys are just as bad as the Obama fanboys.

Both presidencies are pathetic failures.

America is suffering the result of sixteen years of pathetic leadership. And I dont have a great deal of hope for the next President unless someone we are not yet aware of is going to run for office.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Star and flag. Wish I could flag it to the top. I am so sick of the lies and broken promises from our politicians. The majority are a bunch of snakes in the grass.

You can't talk a snake into going away, but you can remove them in other ways.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

America is suffering the result of sixteen years of pathetic leadership. And I dont have a great deal of hope for the next President unless someone we are not yet aware of is going to run for office.

Agree... those whining about President Obama whining are a joke.

As if President Bush didn't do anything wrong to complain about.

Typical of "party politics".

Nevermind we haven't had leadership in decades but only figureheads... or puppets.

I am with you and until we as a nation keep pointing fingers at 'the other guy' then there really is no hope for the Us.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

THANK YOU!!! So glad to see someone else articulate this! *runs off into the sunset yelling " I'm not alone! I'm not alone!"*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join