It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members: What's your job/vocation?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I've been a drywall supervisor for a very long time. 30+ years. I've built many homes during that time but have refused a lot of work recently, don't like the paperwork thing. Been battling cancer for the last 3 months, a full-time occupation, to be sure. Good thing I like to fight.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I was always a split between the hardcore metal scenes. My username is an old BM project I did vocals, drums and bass for. Still a lot HC for me but now it's mostly second/third wave BM, pagan/folk metal and doom.

A LOT of Type O (I knew Pete fairly well and it's depressing yet strangely uplifting to hear him when I'm feeling crappy) and Woods of Ypres (I knew David but not as well... I still miss the hell out of running into him and it's along the same lines as hearing Pete's voice). Not many shows in the past few years but if there's something good and my schedule is open I'll go wherever I have to. Like driving last minute to NYC to see Emperor's first US show. Or Wintersun when they just out of nowhere said "Hey, surprise show tonight!" about 15 minutes from where I had just moved 300 miles from haha. Ahhh I miss being young sometimes.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: Magnivea

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Chronic Progressive? I've done a lot of writing about this disease and I know a lot of really proactive people who have gotten their MS under control by staying true to some basic principles in their diets and a few other things. PM me if you want more info.

Yes, PPMS. I've learned to deal with it mostly but I still know the day is not far off when my life as I know it changes into something totally different. I actually am currently doing the Phoenix Tears treatment (I don't think I can say much more than that without breaking rules) but the change in diet for that is dramatic to say the least.

That being said, I'd appreciate any info you can provide, I'm more than willing to try more natural means than weekly injections other pharmaceutical trash. Thanks!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
you guys are all so successful and i'm just glad to keep my head above water! being a felon makes it almost impossible to work for most companies, so i'm glad I found a job at ace, they're trying to make me a manager which I would love to do, just because, you know, more money. seeing all the posts in this thread makes me think there's alot more work out there then just the standard background check job at wal mart or going into the army. maybe i'm just a small town rube.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalAccount2008

start welding dude if you do it well pass xray really no one gives a $hit unless you start getting into real stringent places but either way working steel as a welder is usually no bullstuff and pretty direct you work you get paid you weld it, its rewarding you get paid

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

my brother's a plumber by trade and has been telling me the same thing for a year. (since i got my charge stupidly)

I just gotta find a way to break in to the industry.

Thanks

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I just weld things these days but its something I found makes the bills break out and do it there is work there.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
a reply to: opethPA
I was always a split between the hardcore metal scenes. My username is an old BM project I did vocals, drums and bass for. Still a lot HC for me but now it's mostly second/third wave BM, pagan/folk metal and doom.

We really seem to have a lot in common!

I am actually listening to Type O right now. Even though September Sun was a later release for them it's just an amazing song. Putting on October Rust always makes me think of going to the Halloween Shows in philly with all the toilet paper.. Johnny Kelly has it made..Drummer for Type O then drummer for Danzig..Talk about having two dynamic frontman..

I watch the damn Emperor video from Wacken probably 1 a week and would give anything to see Ihsann live. Im a little more stuck in the early BM bands..Obviously Emperor . Immortal still make me laugh, the video for All Shall Fall is about as tr00 kvlt in a dumb way as you can get..

Some other metal bands I listen to..
November's Doom, My Dying Bride, Swallow The Sun, Opeth (fav metal, Blackwater Park and Still Life era), Katatonia, Mournful Congregation (everyone needs good funeral doom in their life)

Some non-metal bands
Dead Can Dance\Brendan Perry\Lisa Gerrard, Faith and the Muse, Samhain (fav or 3 danzig bands), Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Lycia, Anathema (weather patterns was really great), Unto Ashes, Bauhaus\Peter Murphy, SoM, Shadow Project, The Mission UK, Tapping the Vein (work with the drummer) Stabbing Westward (The Dreaming are pretty good also), lots of movie scores from James Horner, Christopher Young and of course John Williams.

Anyway, metal!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You cant join the army as a felon.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Unless you're in the rare category of people who can get a waiver signed, right?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalAccount2008

Unless you're in the rare category of people who can get a waiver signed, right?

Felony waivers do not happen anymore.

Army is drawing down. Marines dont take felons at all, and neither do the other branches.

Army felony waivers were given rarely during the surge years and all of those people are currently barred from reenlistment.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

darn, well i didn't have much hope about it anyway. guess it's better to know :/

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Banana bender and Velcro receptor bender. ( couldn't handle the loops )

Mixed striped paint, engineered metric shifters and left handed screwdrivers.

Currently selling grinding sparks - for a good price !!

( PM me !!!
)

* Alligators castrated for a nominal fee ...
edit on 30-5-2014 by Timely because: More mirth ..

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: imawlinn
I am a waste water treatment plant operator. 💩

I do maintenance on waste water equipment among other things.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: horseatemymoney
I'm a nurse/offshore medic. I work agency jobs, so can be looking after little old ladies one week, and deep sea divers the next.

I bet the little-old-ladies complain less than the deep-sea divers.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's not precisely popular here, but I am a therapist and crisis clinician II

I do therapy but most of my work currently revolves around deciding if people get admitted for psychiatric reasons

I work for both hospitals in my town

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Business Development/Broker for IT Asset Disposition.....basically I eval and buy large datacenters with lots of gear, then resell it. Past life was pre/post sales security engineer for ISS and Lockheed Martin Global Combat Support Systems to name a couple......

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Old cold war soldier, semi-retired janitor, cartoonist and [hopefully] fantasy author..kinda mixed up career path, but that's modern life, so I hear..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

There is a seriously powerful book on the NYT best sellers list about a doctor with PPMS who went from a wheelchair to a bike by investigating MS and fixing the deficiencies through diet. Please go find her book and order it right away.

I know others who have had the same success. You must figure out your food allergies, etc, and be dilligent with the diet, but when you strike the right chemistry for your body, eat organic, and will yourself to the lifestyle, amazing things can happen.

Her website is terrywahls.com/

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am a priest because i like the hour's and all the cup's of tea

I was also a milkman for a short while

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join